[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Post your video game console lineage

Reply to topic
docinsano
Title: Boner King
PostPosted: Sep 25 2008 02:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so I see that we're doing PC's so here's the roster for my lifetime:
Don't know if this counts but The Junior Computer was my first
Then it was the Macintosh Plus with cool games like stuntcopter and Banzai!
Then the revolutionary iMac bondi blue with the IR port. Truly a classic. No longer functioning, it has been gutted.
In college, I picked up an iMacDV. Nice for the price, it did what I needed it to do. It now sits in a closet, waiting to be revived. Plans for revival are still pending.
A friend of mine bought a new computer, so I inherited an old HP Pavilion, upgraded it, and used it until it eventually kicked the bucket. Some of the guts were salvaged.
My old roommate had an old Dell dimension laptop he gave me. I upgraded it a bit and now the screen no longer works. Dammit.
I bought a PowerMac G4 off of ebay. I needed the expandability of a PowerMac, but didn't want to drop 1500 dollars on the newer machines. It does most of my computing chores since my windoze PC's are dead.
Someday I'll have a decent PC to play old games like Hexen and Quake, hell even old strategy and sim style games. Someday.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Sep 25 2008 09:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

NES - I've had one for as long as I remember. I remember in 1997 our big box NES just stopped working, so the day after my dad bought a top-loader and it's lasted just fine since.

Game Boy Color - It was 1998 and high time I stepped into the current generation. I remember my Game Boy Color was yellow, had Pokemon designs on it, and came with Pokemon Yellow.

Virtual Boy - Me & my dad were at auction and they were selling this with two games for TWO. DOLLARS. My dad knew it was a steal so he bought it. I'm thinking no one else bid against him because no one else knew what the heck it was. Laughing

PS2 - In fifth grade I recieved perhaps the best gift ever: A PS2 with GTA: Vice City, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X.

Sega Genesis - by the time I was in sixth grade old games started getting a heck of a lot cheaper, and I managed to snag one of these with 11 games for thirty bucks.

SNES - Again, old games were on the cheap, and some sucker sold this to me at a yard sale for 20 bucks (and with A-list games like Mortal Kombat II, Simcity, and Illusion of Gaia).

Game Boy Advance - At first I started out with just a Spongebob GBA game, but soon I started accumulating games like THPS2, Golden Sun, and the Castlevania games.

GBA SP - At first I didn't think I needed this, but as soon as I got one I immediately wondered how the heck I survived without this thing; I mean, if it was dark and you had a regular GBA you just didn't play. How did I put up with that?! Of all the consoles I've had, this one is probably my favorite.

DS - it's been pretty hit-and-miss with this one. Some of the games I've gotten are kickass (The World Ends With You, both Castlevanias) while some have sucked (Final Fantasy III).

Xbox 360 - Only got four games for it but they all rock my socks.

EDIT: I almost forgot, between getting a GBA SP and a DS, I got an Atari 2600. Most of the games I have for it are sweet (like H.E.R.O. and Vanguard), but some are crap (Kangaroo - it's literally IMPOSSIBLE to get past the second level).

Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Sep 25 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cam-win wrote:
NES - I've had one for as long as I remember. I remember in 1997 our big box NES just stopped working, so the day after my dad bought a top-loader and it's lasted just fine since.

Game Boy Color - It was 1998 and high time I stepped into the current generation. I remember my Game Boy Color was yellow, had Pokemon designs on it, and came with Pokemon Yellow.

Virtual Boy - Me & my dad were at auction and they were selling this with two games for TWO. DOLLARS. My dad knew it was a steal so he bought it. I'm thinking no one else bid against him because no one else knew what the heck it was. Laughing

PS2 - In fifth grade I recieved perhaps the best gift ever: A PS2 with GTA: Vice City, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X.

Sega Genesis - by the time I was in sixth grade old games started getting a heck of a lot cheaper, and I managed to snag one of these with 11 games for thirty bucks.

SNES - Again, old games were on the cheap, and some sucker sold this to me at a yard sale for 20 bucks (and with A-list games like Mortal Kombat II, Simcity, and Illusion of Gaia).

Game Boy Advance - At first I started out with just a Spongebob GBA game, but soon I started accumulating games like THPS2, Golden Sun, and the Castlevania games.

GBA SP - At first I didn't think I needed this, but as soon as I got one I immediately wondered how the heck I survived without this thing; I mean, if it was dark and you had a regular GBA you just didn't play. How did I put up with that?! Of all the consoles I've had, this one is probably my favorite.

DS - it's been pretty hit-and-miss with this one. Some of the games I've gotten are kickass (The World Ends With You, both Castlevanias) while some have sucked (Final Fantasy III).

Xbox 360 - Only got four games for it but they all rock my socks.

I think yours is the best

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Sep 26 2008 08:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ermac wrote:
I think yours is the best
Not that I agree or disagree with the point, but you haven't really expressed a reason. Care to enlighten us?

Teralyx
Title: Master Exploder
PostPosted: Sep 26 2008 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

you guys make me feel like I just popped out of the womb!
N64- A Christmas present for my sister when I was about 3. That Christmas was Poketastic! Along with Pokemon snap, I got a pair of Pikachu footy pajamas!
GBC- A chrismas present, I got a green one and my sister got a purple one. I got Pokemon silver and my sister got gold.
PS2- Another christmas present.
GBA- bought for me with Pokemon Sapphire around when it came out. My sister got ruby.
Pokemon XD edition Gamecube- A christmas present. Came with Pokemon XD and a special Pokemon decal. It was a silver gamecube, not purple.
Wii- Got after I asked my dad for one and he told me I could get one if I got final Jeopardy right.
GBAsp- Traded to my friend for a book of cheat codes.

<TheFlamingSchnitzel> Didn't your mom teach you not to punch girls?
<FigNewton> I was too busy /punchin' her/

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Sep 26 2008 07:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'll try and list all of this shit.

Atari 2600 - My dad bought this off somebody I believe in '82 with about 15-20 games.

NES - Got it for my birthday in '88 packaged with Mario/Duckhunt.

Game Boy - Got it for Christmas '89. It was packaged with Tetris. I also got Super Mario Land and Baseball that same Christmas.

NES - I got another NES, also for Christmas '89. My grandparents got me this for their house so I didn't have to keep hauling mine back and forth (I spent the night at their house every weekend and almost every night during the summer). This came with the fucking orange gun.

SNES - Christmas 1991. It was packaged with Super Mario World. I also got Final Fantasy II, and possibly one other game, but maybe not. I don't remember for sure

Sega Genesis - Birthday '92/'93?? I don't really remember. I think it was '92, but I can't swear on it. It was the original model. I got Sonic the Hedgehog. I can't remember if I immediately got Toejam & Earl or if I waited a few weeks.

Sega Genesis - I'm not really sure when I got this. But it was the second model. I got it because my other one broke.

Sega CD II - I'm pretty sure I got this before my first Genesis because I think I had to use the extra part you needed to make the first Genesis fit on it. It game with Sewer Shark. I also got Sol-Feace for it the same day. If I recall, I got this for no other reason than it was on sale. But I may have got it for Christmas or a birthday. But if I did, I picked it out myself ahead of time.

TurboGrafx-16 - '94 or '95. For some reason, a local video rental store, that didn't usually sell used stuff, had this, along with Bonk's Adventure, Splatterhouse, and Keith Courage in Alpha Zones for only $14!!! My buddy bought it, then sold it to me the very next week for $20!!! I promptly bought Bonk's Revenge because I beat the first one the night I bought everything.

Sega Game Gear - '95/early '96? I had somebody give me this with Sonic 2. I guess they just didn't want it anymore. I dunno.

N64 - Christmas '96. Got Super Mario 64.

Playstation - Christmas '97. I got Final Fantasy VII that day too. I don't remember if I got any other games that day, but I don't think I did.

Sega Master System - '97/'98? A buddy had this just sitting in his closet. He let me have it. He also had a golf game, as well as, obviously, the built in game.

PS2 - October 26, 2000. Release Day. Where I lived, our Walmart hadn't converted to a Super Center yet. So it wasn't 24 hour. The closest place to go was about 45 minutes away. We made the trip and realized that some people had been waiting in line since 8 am on the 25th. WTF? So we went back home and nobody was waiting at our Walmart. We loaded up on grub and brought a football. We got there around 10 that night and just hung out in the parking lot. Two other people showed up throughout the night (aside from me and the two guys I was with). We all hung out until about 7 am when people started showing up. The store opened at 8. I got mine, but couldn't afford a game, so I just bought a Terminator 2 DVD.

Dreamcast - 2001. I sold all of my Michael Jordan cards to a buddy's girlfriend to give to him for an Easter present. I bought this with the money. I also got NBA 2K1 and Sonic Adventure.

Game Cube - 2002. There was just a price drop, so I bought it. I also got Resident Evil and ... well, I can't remember what else. But I know I got another game that day.

Xbox - 2003. A friend of mine got it for Christmas the year before. He sold it to another friend for some extra cash. He sold it to another friend, probably for beer money or something dumb. I traded some sports cards for the X Box and I think a couple hundred bucks. I got it with the DVD remote, Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick, Blinx, and an Army of Darkness DVD.

Game Boy Advance - 2003. I got it after the price drop after the SP came out. I got Super Mario Advance and Metroid Fusion.

Nintendo DS - November 21, 2004, launch. I was working at Walmart at the time. I bought it on my lunch. I bought Super Mario 64 DS.

Xbox 360 - December 2005. I had originally put it on layaway the morning of launch because they let me come to work late so I could get it. Some people found out an employee (me) had got one and for whatever reason, seemed to think I shouldn't be able to buy one. These people (who were tipped off by another employee) were raising hell all day and had called my boss threatening his job and other crap. No rules were broken. I got it just like anybody else would have. Nobody would have got in trouble. But I didn't like that they were bothering my boss. So I told them I would let them buy it. Bossman told me to hell with them and I should have kept it. But I got one in the next shipment in December. Since I would have it on layaway until around Christmas, it didn't matter anyways. But the 360 I let the other guy buy ended up not working (I hear neither did the two they've sent him since) while mine is still going strong today. Oh, I got Call of Duty 2 at the same time.

PS2 Skinny - Got it when my PS2 finally quit in '06.

Wii- Got it this year with tax money. Just have Wii Sports, Wii Play, and my wife bought Wii Fit. I've just been renting stuff.

I don't know if it counts, but I got one of those Zelda wristwatch games when I was in 4th grade. I got it taken away several times.

I've also had several computer games for my crappy computers I've had in my life.

"That...that's about it."

EDIT: I forgot, I think it was around '05 or '06, I was in a Pawn Shop and walked out with a Sega Genesis (second model), Sega CD (first model), and a 32X with 2 controllers, and a Star Wars game for the 32X and a chopper game for the CD.

Okay, now, I think that's it.

scamrock
PostPosted: Sep 26 2008 07:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ThatGuy wrote:

You make me feel like I should be admitted to the antique store. I could drive when the 64 was released in NA and you were 3 when you guys got one.

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Sep 26 2008 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Due to length, my lineage will be posted in terms of appearance in my life and the # of times I have owed said system.

Odyssey II
Atari 2600 X 2
Coleco
NES X 4
SNES X 5
GB
GBP
GEN X 2
GG
NOMAD
Wonder Swan
PSX
N64 X 2
Saturn
DC X 3
PS2 X 2
DS X 3
PSP X 3
GC X 6 (yes 6)
XBOX
XBOX 360
WII
PS3

scamrock
PostPosted: Sep 26 2008 07:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I also forgot that I have a Game Boy Pocket and my FC Twin.

Teralyx
Title: Master Exploder
PostPosted: Sep 26 2008 07:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:

You make me feel like I should be admitted to the antique store. I could drive when the 64 was released in NA and you were 3 when you guys got one.
To be sorta-kinda fair, my sister was 8.

<TheFlamingSchnitzel> Didn't your mom teach you not to punch girls?
<FigNewton> I was too busy /punchin' her/

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Sep 27 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche... what the hell happened to your SNES units?

ShadowViperX
Title: Underhanded ninja
PostPosted: Sep 27 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice thread. Something tells me my list may be the shortest.

Coleco vision-I don't even remember how old I was when I first played it. All I know is that it was actually at my grandmother's house(not sure how that happened), but I didn't really care. I don't think it was there much longer than a year, maybe two.

NES-This came later, along with a game genie. We only ever had about six/seven games with it, but it still kept us entertained. I remember those days, when I sucked ass at video games. SMB3 was the only game I really ever beat, and I did it with the goddamn genie. Hell, I didn't even know how Final Fantasy was supposed to be played! I always bull-rushed it to the Chaos Temple and died.

SNES-Got it for some christmas. I really wanted it, though I don't remember any real begging for it. Got a whole bunch of games with it. Lasted quite a long time, at least until N64 came out. One game of note is Earthbound, which, over a long period of time, taught me how RPGs are supposed to be played.

N64-Got it for a birthday during high school. Much fun was had, got about too many games with it(then again, with Douche's Wii game count, I'm not quite sure too many games is possible). During this system's use, SNES was thrown in a garage sale.

Gamecube-As you can see, I'm a rather big Nintendo fan. Had even more fun with this thing, which landed the N64 a fate similar to SNES. My brother got it for me some birthday ago.

XBOX-Interesting how I got this. Used to be my brother's, then he got tired of it and let me use it. The thing almost made me forget about nintendo, it was that fun. Lasted all the way up until my last semester in college, then I sold it out of boredom for the thing.

360-My next planned system. Taking me way too long to get so far. Originally planned to wait it out until Christmas, but now that it's only about $200, I may get it myself sooner.

HP Pavilion-My current gaming unit, a PC. I'm a big online gamer with this thing.

So yeah, there you go.

I want you all to repeat after me:

I AM
SOFA KING
WE TODD ED

Now, your turn.*SNICKER*

This Is A Joke

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Sep 27 2008 04:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:

That's just how many times i've owned them. Never had one break.

docinsano
Title: Boner King
PostPosted: Sep 27 2008 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit, I thought I was the only person on these forums with a sega master system. I was wrong.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Sep 27 2008 05:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
GPFontaine wrote:

That's just how many times i've owned them. Never had one break.

Yeah... but were you selling them and buying more or do you own 5 of them?

I mean... I bought a SNES when it came out, but I still own it. In fact I was playing Super Metroid on it the other day. Until it breaks, it stays connected.

SSNintendo
Title: Likes to Blow Sh*t Up
PostPosted: Sep 28 2008 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atari 7800
NES
Sega Genesis
Super NES
Playstation
Nintendo 64
Gameboy Advance
Playstation 2
Gamecube
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo Wii
Sony PSP
FC Twin
XBox 360
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Fortune Smiles
Title: Strangely Missing
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 05:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Atari - 198- (8?)
'Raiders Of the Lost Ark', I remember when I lived next to a bar that I had that game. It was OK from the parts I remember.

NES - 1990
Along with 'SMB I/Duckhunt' and 'Super 'C''. Later 'Snake Rattle N Roll' and 'Shadowgate'. (notables)

GameBoy - 1991
Along with 'SML I' (beat 'SML I' in like 1 day, if that)
Eventually 'Link's Awakening', I'm still playing this game, even though I'm typing a post on this forum, I'm still playing this game RIGHT NOW. Contrary to physics and all.

SNES - 1993
Along with 'SMW' and 'Final Fantasy II' (IV)

Apple Macintosh LC II - 1994
Eventually got 'Ultima IV' and 'Taskmaker' (great, awesome game by Storm Impact)
Forgot: 'Warcraft: Orcs & Humans'

PSX - 1998
Along with 'FFVII' and 'FFT'.

PSXII - 2001
Along with 'Diablo' ONE - great game nonetheless in two-player mode

PC - 1998 to present
Along with no games, had to work for those. Sacred sucked(s). 'Baldur's Gate', ehhh.... 'Ultima Underworld', "blue my mind" [sic]. 'NWN', best game to grace a screen evar. (yes, I thrive on dramatics when I want to)
Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

1. NES - My first game system, got it for Christmas in the mid 80s.

2. Genesis - Got it for Christmas a year or two after it came out.

3. SNES - Wasn't planning on getting it, but Star Fox was too cool to avoid, so I got that for Christmas then too.

4. PS1 - First system I bought with my own money, from my first job, coaching soccer during the summer.

5. N64 - Wasn't planning on getting this either, but Goldeneye was too cool to avoid this time.

Game Boy is in there somewhere too, but I frankly don't remember it too much. It was probably after NES and before Genesis.

I haven't bought a system since. I don't want to bother with all the money involved. I still occasionally play PC games as it's more cost effective and I have to have a computer anyway.

It's worth noting that the only system I still own is my n64. It's plugged into my TV in my study. I would have kept my PS1 too, but it wasn't standing the test of time. The n64 still works without flaws. The only issue is Madden '02 sometimes not starting right, causing me to use the old NES strategy of blowing onto the cartridge.
Evilwii
PostPosted: Oct 17 2008 05:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

1.NES

There when I popped out.

2.Snes

To young to remember Think it beat me to stupid nintendo stealing my birthdays

3.Gameboy color

I was like 4

4.N64

4 ot 5

5.PS1

4 or 5.God remember my first time on gta I killed those little 2d people like there was no tomorrow.God my parents messed me up ehh least I have a shot at being the president.

6.GBA

Got like 3 of these two IDK where they are.First one was stolen by some crack head whom I later hit in the head with a skateboard with my drunk father.

7.GC

8.NDS

9.PS2

I was 9. God me and my dad had fun for the 1 month playing gta VC and SA before he died.

10.NDS LITE (I HAVE EVER NINTENDO SYSTEM INCLUDING GAMEBOY REMAKES)

11.Wii

Froze my balls off waiting in line for it.

I'mma prolly gonna get a samicth or a PS3 this qunzjewmas
Greg the White
PostPosted: Oct 17 2008 09:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Atari 2600- I kept begging my parents for an SNES, but they thought I'd never use it. So they convinced my uncle to give me his old 2600.

SNES- got it about a year or two after the 2600.

PC- our first computer was bought a year or two later after the SNES. It came with free copies of Doom and Doom2, and I played shooters and adventure games on it until Half Life 2 came out (couldn't afford to pay $400 a year to keep up with new engines)

Dreamcast- My first 3d console. I got it two years after they were released as a gift from my uncle (He ran an internet browser for Dreamcasts and thus got a console or two for free).

Xbox- Saved up for one of these about a year after they were released.

360- My current set-up. I really enjoy it, but just wish that there was an automatic lockout for anyone who screams homophobic or racist crap into their microphones.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 17 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Evilwii wrote:

Whoa. WHOA there, buddy.

Just kidding.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Oct 18 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Evilwii wrote:

Be careful... you were very close there.

http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9 Rule #7

Evilwii
PostPosted: Oct 18 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Evilwii wrote:

Be careful... you were very close there.

http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9 Rule #7
I know all in good fun cause I know carson daly is a homo
Nekkoru
Title: Polish Pickle Wench
PostPosted: Oct 18 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mine's quite short.

1. Commodore 64 - I don't remember that one much, but I do have photos of me playing with it. So, apparently I had one.

2. Amiga 500 (We bought it in 1993, I think) - My first system ever. Oh, those days of me kicking my dad's ass. There were so many good games, like Alien Breed: Tower Assault, Ruff 'n' Tumble, Zool, Yo! Joe, Civilization, The Settlers... I had it until 2006 when it died. Here's to you, soldier, for your service has been faithful and reliable. Your memory shall last forever.

3. NES (1995?) - Actually a very, very obscure famiclone made to resemble the Famicom. It was essentially a grey Famicom, with an 8-way D-Pad and turbo buttons on the controllers. I took good care of it, but it mysteriously disappeared sometime around 2003.

4. Necrocomputer (2001) - My very first PC. I got it when I was nine and I have only upgraded it once. It has served me well, but now it's in pieces due to a massive motherboard failure. I tried to salvage what I can, but the sadness just won't go. This shitty system provided me with many great memories through the six years I used it. The name comes from the fact that I made it with my dad when I was nine from various salvaged parts. We had a pretty good source, my dad's friend ran a computer shop. It's final configuration was: A 700Mhz Celeron, 320 MB of SDRAM, a 20GB hard drive and a nVidia GeForce 2 MX card. I know, shitty. It ran Diablo 2, Enemy Territory and that's it. It started dying in 2007, when I got...

5. Victoria (2007) - My first Mac. I got this as a reward for great grades in school. She's one of those 13" Macbooks. She's in mint condition except for some scratches on the back. She had to be sent in for repairs two times, though. One time I threw her at the wall after dying in Legend Of Zelda for the billionth time (I tried to beat the game with the wooden sword ONLY), and the other time she fell on the floor. The name comes from one of the default voices for text-to-speech in OSX. I like having her read things to me. Two months before I got her, I got...

6. The Wii (2007) - My first true game console. After I got it, it was just Wii Sports. I saved up for two months just to buy Twilight Princess (Smart move on my side, with this Twilight Hack and whatnot). Right now my library of games for the Wii is limited to Wii Sports, Twilight Princess and Brawl. Of course, I don't count all of my VC and WiiWare titles. A month after I got it, I acquired...

7. The SuckStation (2007) - My friend dared me - I come to his hometown, he gives me his old PSOne. Two days later I showed up on his doorstep, demanding my console. The name comes from its flaws, and many flaws it has. It has to be upside-down to be able to read CDs, the smallest touch cuts the power to the console, and the second controller port is busted. So, yeah.

8. The DS (2006) - In May 2006 I got my DS. Not much to say about it, except that once it was turned into a GBA, because my dumbass friend crushed the top screen. I don't know how he did it, but DAMN. That took a long time to fix.

And those are my gaming systems. This list will expand with a new position in two months, namely: the Dreamcast. After that I plan on fixing my PSOne and getting a new Amiga.

Unrelated thought: Evilwii is Hacker/Zelda_God/Whatever.

You should totally check out the IRC channel.
While you're at it, go check out my band, Her Majesty's Heroines.
Cameron wrote:
I now bestow upon you the title of Most Awesome Person. Very Happy

ReaXan
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 12:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah its a bump, but would like to get the lineage from Newer Members
Reply to topic

Jump to: