SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Korgoth vs. Brock Samson

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Who comes out the winner?

Korgoth
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Brock Samson
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 05:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Arena: Tear in space time allows them access to anything they would have access to from their respective times.
Stipulations: None.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I go with Samson. His will to kill is greater than that of Korgoths.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't seen Korgoth yet. I had kinda given up on Adult Swim because I got sick on seeing reruns of shows I own on DVD. I've heard it's fucking great though, so I'll find *some way* to obtain it.

So I voted for Brock, since Venture Brothers fucking rules. Normally I'd be disqualified from voting since I haven't seen Korgoth, but these are my forums, so nyah. Razz
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 02:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They're so similar that they're practically the same character in different time periods - can't choose. Even their voices sound the same, and I doubt the same voice actor does both of them.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 03:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
They're so similar that they're practically the same character in different time periods - can't choose. Even their voices sound the same, and I doubt the same voice actor does both of them.

Patrick Warburton does Brock and Diedrich Baker (Drew Carey's friend Oswald on his old sitcom) does Korgoth.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 06:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well Sampson is obviously based of

M.D. Geist

he rips through everything, causes problems for the future episodes, and will fight anything.

Considering this RockMan Zero is also based of M.D. Geist

Sampson would ram whatever Conan rip-off any day anywhere.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Patrick Warburton is great. Loved him in Seinfeld, does great work on Family Guy, and of course he defines Brock Samson.

I also liked his appearances in News Radio after Phil Hartman's death. I wish he would have been a permanent replacement instead of Jon Lovitz. Mabye it would have saved that show.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Well Sampson is obviously based of

M.D. Geist

he rips through everything, causes problems for the future episodes, and will fight anything.

Considering this RockMan Zero is also based of M.D. Geist

Sampson would ram whatever Conan rip-off any day anywhere.

Yeah, Brock Sampson is SO obviously based off of M.D. Geist, I mean look at the two of them; One's a big, musclebound blonde guy who kills using only his knife usually and the other is a genetically engineered super soldier in a suit of power armor. The similarities are UNCANNY. Oh wait. No, they're not. In fact, the only thing they seem to have in common is they're both blonde. Do you even have a brain dude, or are you just some sort of household plant that logs onto the internet when the guy who waters you is at work? And how do you figure Zero is based is based off M.D. Geist? Zero in the Megaman Zero games is just an updated form of Zero from the Megaman X games and again only has one thing in common with M.D. Geist, this time the armor. By your logic, Mr. Burns and Emperor Palpatine are pretty much the same character because they're both old.

On topic: This is a tough one, Sampson is pure insane fury when he gets going (like his revenge after they hit him with a truck), but Korgoth is pretty berserk too (like when his chick got killed.) I'm leaning more toward Sampson on this, but we really haven't gotten a chance to see just how often Korgoth rages and how much damage he does in the process.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zorack you never watched M.D. Giest now have you ?

In the begining Giest is butt naked after his prision cruser leaves a big crater and smiles at the damage he caused. Only in the very end of the Two part OVA Giest is in armor and the Armor is pretty much banged up. During his time not in his stolen armor he is repairing the armor or fighting for his life in his slave attire with his bare hands taking whatevr e could find and using it to fight and he has a lust for battle. M.D. Geist may be the Most Dangerous Geist but he would never harm a child.

Sampson has the exact same qaulities but he is not in a war, allows himself to be distracted by women, and his lust is triggered by danger or any offensive action.
He is bound to a contract to protect the Ventures and leaves when he can.

Zero is a friggin Robot who did cause most of the problems during the Rockman series as Forte and even during the X series and was found deactivated. All Zero knows how to do is fight and all he cares about is fighting and there is nothing that gets in Zero's way. Zero mystreously dissapears after RMZ4 leaving nothin but his helmet.

both are based on MD Giest and carries the qaulities of the character MD Giest.
Lastly Zero is not a update since he had like three to four diffrent forms and is merged with a Cyber elf this time.
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think Samson would kill a child. But I don't think Cartoon Networks PR crew would like that.
RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I said he is based of MD and is not MD. Sampson probably did kill a couple of kids by fault and then again there is a Venture Comic.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jun 22 2006 03:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sampson actually DOESN'T allow himself to be distracted by women. When he's rampaging through The Monarch's cocoon and enters the room with Dr. Girlfriend who wants him to have his way with her, he said it "never really crossed his mind". Very distracted indeed. And while I have no idea who this M.D. Geist character is, he's hardly original anyway. The appeal of Brock Sampson isn't the incredibly original persona, it's the fantastic voice acting of Patrick Warburton.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 22 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Girlfriend is the Monarchs Wife. you and I both know we couyld careless about who speaks for who chracter but it's more about what comes out of the chracters mouth. MD Geist yes is probably based of recent war efforts like WWII and so on during the 1970-1990 like most Japanese Animation we all have know and come to love. His character is very original and you will barely find another character like this one ever again unless you searched threw every mango.

In fact MD geist is so scared the creator has issued a copyrights declaraction
( or whatever it is called ) to stop people from downloading the series.

Also recently a comic book company is producing a neo prequel MD Geist comic book.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 12:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Zero's not Forte, you fucking moron. Wiley made Forte (Bass) first to try to kill Megaman and when he failed, he destroyed him and created Zero as the new model.

This is exactly why I'm sticking with my "RegalSin is a houseplant" theory.

Also, I have watched M.D. Geist and it's fairly pointless sequel "Death Force", which you probably haven't even seen, so it's not because I don't know the source material that I'm not following your train of thought.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Also, Dr. Girlfriend is not the Monarch's wife. She's his GIRLFRIEND. Hence the fucking name. I mean, geez. Next you're going to tell me that the Green Goblin is fuchsia.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 12:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Zero is too Forte as it was explained in Power Battle Series. Willy has gotten hold of the plans to make him into a more powerful machine and the outcome is Zero.
Everybody knows this. They are the exact same robot. In RMZ you gain a hidden armor which dawn the color of Forte.

If was paying attention MD and Zero dies almost in the same way and is on the same path. Thinking about the weapons he uses is just like MD.

Also they are too Married or at least in a realtionship that is eqaul to a marraige. When was the last time Brock went after a married woman. He went after sluts, hookers, jail bait, hoars, bimbos, and even virgins ( Coqtease ). Again they fight like a husband and wife. Brock Sampson would never commit adultury like MD would never kill a child by his own hands.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 01:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know where you get this from dude, but searching the games that YOU claim directly reveal Bass is Zero, I found these:

Bass' ending from Megaman: The Power Battle
(Bass dumps Wily on a nearby cliff.)

Dr. Wily: Noooo...! My laboratory! Bass, what are you
doing!?

Bass: Now you know I am the strongest. There's no need for
you to make any more junk robots.

Dr. Wily: The strongest, huh? You've been beaten by MegaMan
before.

Bass: I underestimated him that time. But I will conquer him
this time!

Dr. Wily: Yeah right. You can battle MegaMan all you want.
The robot that I'm making right now will blow the both of
you away.

Bass: Ha! All you make is junk. Do what you want.

(Bass teleports away. Dr. Wily reaches out to where Bass had
been.)

Dr. Wily: Wait. Wait Bass. Don't leave me here!

And Bass' ending from Megaman: The Power Fighters
(In Dr. Wily's Lab)

DR. WILY: Why do you oppose me, the one who created you?

BASS: Because you always interfere with me! I can defeat
Megaman by myself with no problem. You should go crawl
in a hole somewhere.

DR. WILY: You know, I think I regret creating you, pompous robot.

BASS: Ha! You created me? So what? If you created such a powerful
robot such as myself, it must have been an accident.

(Bass begins to leave)

DR. WILY: Funny you say that. You're actually right.

(Bass stops)
(A picture of Dr. Wily creating Bass is shown.)

DR. WILY: I studied Megaman hoping to create a similar robot. Then
I developed a powerful energy called "Bassnium" purely by
accident. Thus, I created you, Bass. Currently, Bassniun is
the most powerful energy on Earth. But, that's not for long.
Hee hee, I've learned from my accident...

(A storage containment unit lowers next to Wily which contains what
looks an awful lot like Zero from the "Megaman X" series.)

DR. WILY: ...And I've created a new type of robot which is more powerful
than you or Megaman! It'll be some time before I complete this
project, though. You better get ready!

BASS: Ha! This girlie-looking, long-haired robot will be the strongest?
Don't make me laugh!

DR. WILY: Don't be so over-confident. This robot's power level is far
superior to yours. And this is more than just a simple robot.
With this robot and my other project complete, the world will
be mine! No one will stop me! Hee hee hee hee!

BASS: Yikes! This guy is as crazy as I thought.

NARRATOR: What on Earth is the new robot Wily is currently developing?
What are it's powers?

The first ending hints that he built Zero to replace Bass, but the second one practically screams "WILEY BUILT ZERO AS THE REPLACEMENT OF BASS" in giant, neon letters.

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care about whatever script Capcom wants to make up. Forte is still Zero Wily just enhanced Forte. In fact after that last scene you don't even see Forte.

Capcom knows Zero is Forte. Forte saying girly in a game is like Tron asking for a slice of Pizza.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 08:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Also they are too Married or at least in a realtionship that is eqaul to a marraige. Again they fight like a husband and wife.

First of all, fighting doesn't equal marriage. People fight all the time in any relationship, whether it's friendship, casual acquaintance, dating, marriage, or anything other type. Secondly, she BROKE UP WITH THE MONARCH at the end of Season 1. Breaking up is how you end any sort of boy/girl relationship that has not yet got to the point of marriage, up to and including engagement. Marriage ends in divorece or annulment, neither of which happened on The Venture Brothers.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 08:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just gonna say, out of sheer Brock favoritism, that Brock would kick the shit out of anything that he set his mind to kicking the shit out of.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 09:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
I don't care about whatever script Capcom wants to make up. Forte is still Zero Wily just enhanced Forte. In fact after that last scene you don't even see Forte.

Capcom knows Zero is Forte. Forte saying girly in a game is like Tron asking for a slice of Pizza.

Obviously it's a conspiracy perpetrated by Capcom in order to take over the world.

Wait...

That can't be, because THERE WOULD BE NO REASON TO MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT UP. I think the people who made up a fictional character would know a little more about it than some fucking retarded fanboy poser.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, I actually just went through and read some of Regal's posts, and I have to say, this is comic genius:

"Dr. Girlfriend is the Monarchs Wife. you and I both know we couyld careless about who speaks for who chracter but it's more about what comes out of the chracters mouth. MD Geist yes is probably based of recent war efforts like WWII and so on during the 1970-1990 like most Japanese Animation we all have know and come to love. His character is very original and you will barely find another character like this one ever again unless you searched threw every mango."

RECENT WAR EFFORTS LIKE WWII...YES. Also, I love searching through EVERY mango for characters.
RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd that is a marriage. They live like a marrried couple and even act upon it. The character brock Sampson would never sleep with a Married woman. They are as married as with Married With Children only the kids are the Hench men. In fact during one episode when she confronts her old boy toy she admits she is with the Monarch 100%.

Only a marriage would somebody put up with each other. A relationship on the boy/girlfreind level is diffrent and more loose. They are so married you can smell the years of aggravation and testoteron.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 02:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Why are we still arguing with this idiot?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You seem to think that marriage is just a conglomeration of having sex, living together, sleeping in the same bed and occasionally fighting. Wrong. I'm not going to waste my time explaining why you're wrong, since you will just ignore the bulk of my argument anyway, but you're wrong
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: