SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Do you think the writers of HOUSE should be shot?

Reply to topic
Poll :: Personally do you think the writers of "US medical drama HOUSE" should be draged and shot out into the street for this kinda display on regular tele?

No. The actor should be shot instead so we may never see his ugly mug in that setting again
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes. They most definently must be shot while being rammed by a Asteroid.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
If Regal doesn't like it, it must be good!
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 13

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 08:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was recently watching "US medical drama HOUSE" on FOX 5 and I saw this episode where this doctor or whatever decides to cut of a Patients hand.

The Pateint is probalby Spanish related and is sending his child to Private school and is trying to save for a house.

PErsonally the characters are all normal but what so super happy dumb is the acting of

Then again the guy you see on the cover is clowning around about the decison of cutting his hand off since he has gangreen. First off Ganggreen could be stopped and taking care of. Also robotic fingers is available in various grades.

WHat I hate so far is this dickless orange haired scum role in House. His attitude is a joke and he will not be serious no matter what.

Personally do you think the writers of "US medical drama HOUSE" should be draged and shot out into the street for this kinda display on regular tele?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 08:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I like the show.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 09:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What meds are you on, Regs? Rolling Eyes

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
The Pateint is probalby Spanish related and is sending his child to Private school and is trying to save for a house.

Also robotic fingers is available in various grades.

I watched the same episode on Fox tonight. Well, I think it was the same episode but I could be mistaken, since YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG.

The guy was working on a doctor's house, fell off the roof after passing out, and they found another disease that was killing him. Then he got gangrene. The kid is his brother. The older brother doesn't want to have his hand cut off because then his kid brother will have to drop out of school and work to support the family.

/synopsis

Now, as for the rest of it...ROBOTIC FINGERS? Who is he, Luke Skywalker? WTF? We're talking about a poor Latino man who does carpentry work and mows laws; you think he's going to be able to afford HAND ARTILLARY? Fucking idiot.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 12:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

The disease that was killing him was something he got from a dead chicken while working his side job at the cock fight club. How very poignant, what with this bird flu 'pandemic' stuff.

The first rule of cock fight club is you don't talk about cock fight club.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 05:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cock fights? Like when Dark Helmet fought Lone Star? Gross.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 09:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Cock fights? Like when Dark Helmet fought Lone Star? Gross.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how well you handle it!
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

House (the show) is obnoxious. The main character is generic and has been done so many times, the way the plot unfolds is bland, and the crap that happens to advance the plot is so stupid. I think most people watch it 'cause they like hearing medical jargon spewed back and forth.

Whatever, I guess it's not my show. But saying 'eh, ain't my kinda show' is a boring response.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sock wrote:
House (the show) is obnoxious.

All primetime dramas are obnoxious in my opinion, not to mention unoriginal. All of them are just the same recylced doctor, lawyer, or cop show. Boring. Sitcom's are just treading the same ground too at this point. There's nothing good that's new on TV anymore. The only non-reruns I bother watching are news, Adult Swim's Robot Chicken, Venture Brothers, and Korgoth, in addition to The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Conan O'Brien. I used to watch Family Guy, but its gags are getting old now too ( I gave up on the Simpsons a loooong time ago). Most of the dvds I own are of TV shows, so I can just watch those....
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
All primetime dramas are obnoxious in my opinion, not to mention unoriginal. All of them are just the same recylced doctor, lawyer, or cop show. Boring.

I agree with you to a point. However, last season had some damn good television. Last season I ended up watching:

My Name is Earl - Hysterical, better than you'd think, feel good sit-com about Jason Lee doing good things to make up for the crummy stuff he did in the past.

Everybody Hates Chris - I normally hate shows where the main character gets dumped on, but EHC works because we know he'll grow up to be Chris Rock. Did I mention the show is hilarious?

The Office - I didn't like the first season too much, but the second season was on its game. Characters were fleshed out, plotlines were better, and the show left you feeling better more often than not. Rainn Wilson, Steve Carell, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, and Creed Bratton are all at the top of their comic careers.

24 - We all know I'm a 24 fanboy.

Alias - The show was ending. Of course, I had to watch.

LOST - Right now this is the best show on TV. I can't explain the way the show has affected me, but I do know I've watched every episode of both seasons about three times each at least (some in the double digits already). Great mythology, great characters, great pacing, the most professional show on television.

SHOWS I DID NOT WATCH BUT TAPED TO WATCH OVER THE SUMMER

The Unit
The Loop
What About Brian
Bones
Everwood (donated seasons 1-4)

Here's hoping those shows were good.

BTW, everyone please watch "The Dead Zone" this summer. It's the best thing about summer television.

And that's Tebor with TV wrap up.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 09:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've heard good things about those shows, in addition to Battlestar Galactica, and I would probably like them. However, after seeing so many of my favorite shows like Farscape and Angel get cancelled early or go on way too long for monetary purposes like Simpsons and That 70s Show, I think I just don't want to bother with new shows anymore. I guess the issue is more with me than TV as a whole maybe.
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

On the topic of Venture Brothers, isn't that show amazing? It's a great adventure cartoon, and on top of that, it's a great comedy cartoon. It really is one of the best shows I've seen. I hope it's around for a long time to come.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Yeah, I've heard good things about those shows, in addition to Battlestar Galactica...

I was watching the first season on DVD (source has it), but I couldn't get past the miniseries pilot. I still have an hour left of it. I know the miniseries pilot sucks compared to the show, but... ugh... it's so painful to watch. I shall give BSG a better shot in the nigh future though.

However, I'm a little tired of the space shows at the moment. Once you sail with Firefly and Space: Above and Beyond... they all start playing the same (S:AaB pilot episode is almost the exact same structure that the BSG pilot uses, eck!).

And I still have about 45 episodes of Exo-Squad to rewatch... I can only handle so many space operas at one time...

*Yes, someone told me about the Firefly/BSG conspiracy. I don't care who did what first, I care about what I enjoyed watching more.
Sock wrote:
On the topic of Venture Brothers, isn't that show amazing? It's a great adventure cartoon, and on top of that, it's a great comedy cartoon. It really is one of the best shows I've seen. I hope it's around for a long time to come.

True that. It's as close to Johnny Quest as I'll get for awhile. The first few episodes were shaky, but after the first six or so the show really found its groove. I don't watch Adult Swim as much as I used to, so I frequently miss it. It does get the "Tebor Seal of ApprovalĀ®" though.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 01:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I absoloutely love the show.

for a real treat, look for the movie by the same title. it has nothign to do with the show, however.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I've ever seen the original House. I've seen House II though, where the kid's dead grandfather helps him fight the evil powers of the house. Or something.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 01:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I don't know if I've ever seen the original House. I've seen House II though, where the kid's dead grandfather helps him fight the evil powers of the house. Or something.

I've seen House IV with the singing pizza delivery man and his talking pizza. He's my hero.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jun 22 2006 03:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy the show as well.

Tebor, Lost is not the best show on television right now. Nothing happens. That's all I hear, at work or home, is how nothing ever happens on the show. Battlestar Galactica is the best show on television, and if you watched it you'd agree

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 22 2006 05:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

But have you actually watched Lost, Jeebus? I'm pretty sure you haven't. It's entrancing. Also there is a plot and it was greatly expanded during the second season.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jun 22 2006 09:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
I enjoy the show as well.

Tebor, Lost is not the best show on television right now. Nothing happens. That's all I hear, at work or home, is how nothing ever happens on the show. Battlestar Galactica is the best show on television, and if you watched it you'd agree

Other things I've heard so it must be true:

1. The Holocaust never happened.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker is hot.
3. Jaleel White is dead.
4. OMG, Third Eye Blind is like, the most deepest, like, life-changing band ever!
5. Dr. Jeebus isn't prone to making knee-jerk, "factual" blanket statements based on something he heard from someone else.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jun 22 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've heard lost isn't that good from enough people where I'm willing to give it some weight (and while I haven't tried to watch a whole season, I have seen a few episodes and they were far from interesting though I'll concede that I was jumping in at a random point with no knowledge of what had already happened),

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 22 2006 02:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:

Hey, I can respect all opinions (except for some of Regal's Rolling Eyes ). And all of BSG I've seen is that shitty miniseries (even from BSG fans, I've heard that was pretty bad, so I'm not judging the show off that 3 hour mess). But I will be buying BSG season one in the near future, so I very well may change my stance on the issue.

I also know people who hate "Lost" but never watched it who make up about 90% of the people I hang out with. No, they like "Everwood" Shocked I know Treat Williams is enticing, but the WB has to go... Wait, it is! He-Man, Victory!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

R.I.P. Everwood 2002 - 2006.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 09:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've never seen the show "House" once in my life, nor do I intend to ever watch it. I will now write a review of the first episode.

"House" is a spinoff comedy based on Little House on the Prairie, starring Ralphus (Ashton Kutcher) and Larry (Melissa Etheridge) as wacky roommates. The wacky, weekly antics take place in a house on Crenshaw boulevard in the middle of the ghetto. The personalities of each character more or less bounce off one another, as Ralphus' wacky antics are sometimes a little too wacky for Larry!

The first episode opens with the classic "Execution style shooting", an opening shot most commonly seen on hit shows such as the wacky series, "Friends". Ralphus and Larry get shot in the back of the head as their house burns down. The rest of the series is about them trying to find a new house, which he often times finds himself doing!

In the second episode, they finally find the house of their dreams, but will he get it? Ralphus goes through great lengths to get the house, but only time will tell if they will ever get it.
GreenFire1
PostPosted: Jun 23 2006 01:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

House is automatically good because of one often-overlooked fact: Hugh Laurie used to play Bertram Wilberforce Wooster in "Wooster and Jeeves", the BBC adaptation of the Wodehouse characters.

The opinion I hold of fanfics in general is that they are like the night sky. The good ones are the stars, and the shittastic ones fill the black space in between.
- Original quote

Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 26 2006 01:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sense Regal started this thread and it kinda tangented into Lost, I wanted to mention that this guy http://themisfitishere.blogspot.com/ reminds me of him. From crazy theories to bad grammar, I'm beginning to believe they are one and the same.

Reply to topic

Jump to: