[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
06/06/06 - Day of the ...

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 08:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be honest, I haven't been following this thread at all. I guess I should have, huh? Anyway, here's an excerpt section from the forum rules that is particularly relevant in this situation:

5. The SydLexia.com forums are not a pulpit.
As it turns out, SydLexia.com is a pop culture website, not a religious website. The forum staff openly encourages you to discuss topical issues involving religion, but we remind you that religion is an extremely sensitive issue. Please refrain from endorsing or debasing any major religion. This includes Buddhism, Atheism, Judaism, Taoism, Shintoism, Hinduism, Islam, and all major branches of Christianity. However, you are invited to criticize extremist religious groups and individuals such as Osama bin Laden and Jerry Falwell who subvert religion to further their own political goals. In doing so, you must refrain from more general attacks on religion itself. Furthermore, these forums are not a recruitment ground. You shall not use these forums to attempt to convert people to your religion; please note that this includes Atheism. If you find this unfair or if you are eager to show off the shit you learned in your World Religions and Philosophy 101 classes, too bad. THIS IS NOT A FUCKING THEOLOGY WEBSITE.

This will be the last warning on this issue. I will not tolerate virulent atheism here anymore than I would tolerate a Pope Benedict appreciation thread.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Quote:
However, you are invited to criticize extremist religious groups and individuals such as Osama bin Laden and Jerry Falwell who subvert religion to further their own political goals

Scientology should totally be added to that list Wink
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you notice, Scientology is not cited as one of the religions you should refrain from endorsing/debasing. Scientologists, Branch Davidians, Heaven's Gate, and other assorted fringe religions are all fair game.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Reply to topic

Jump to: