[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Fucking Amazon.

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 09 2006 07:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

About 3 weeks ago, I ordered the Naked Gun trilogy on DVD from Amazon.com. They had it on sale for $12.47 and I couldn't pass that up. According to the order tracker, my DVDs were scheduled for pickup on April 20th and should have been delivered by the USPS between April 27th and April 29th. Well now it's MAY FUCKING NINTH and I still don't have it. I've done a lot of online ordering before and never had a problem, but this was my first order from Amazon.com. I heard they were shitty and unreliable, I guess it's true.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 09 2006 07:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I order from nobody but Amazon. I've only had maybe one or two late shipments. I use Amazon Prime though (the service where for $75 a year you get 2 day shipping on everything). Amazon Prime is the way to go if you're going to stick with it... although it doesn't sound like you will... so Sad

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 07:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
I order from nobody but Amazon. I've only had maybe one or two late shipments. I use Amazon Prime though (the service where for $75 a year you get 2 day shipping on everything). Amazon Prime is the way to go if you're going to stick with it... although it doesn't sound like you will... so Sad

Well see, that's probably what they want. Pay for our premium service or maybe we'll "accidentally" forget to send your basic ground order for a month or two.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 09 2006 08:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got the new RHCP album from amazon.ca the morning it was scheduled for release. I'm telling ya, it's better north of the border.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 08:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had a friend who ordered some Christmas presents on Amazon last Halloween. A week before Christmas, he still didn't have them. So he contacted them and said "Look, I ordered this stuff two months ago, I need in time for Christmas."

Amazon's response?

They offered to send it overnight... if he paid the shipping costs.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 09 2006 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of international Amazon, I've ordered from Amazon.co.uk. A week or two later, I was partying with "Dark Angel"/"I Come in Peace" on DVD.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: May 09 2006 08:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Wrote:
Quote:
I heard they were shitty and unreliable,

Here here! I used to love amazon too, but they raped me out of a "Weird Al Yankovic U. H. F." Compact Disk and a "They Might Be Giants" Back To Skull E.P
And i didn't get my money back from the EP BOOOO Evil

Tebor (da' man with the plan) wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of international Amazon, I've ordered from Amazon.co.uk. A week or two later, I was partying with "Dark Angel"/"I Come in Peace" on DVD.

Amazon must really really like you!! They seem to metaphorically rape me and Syd's wallets. I dunno; maybe case we wear black all the time and like other sites better??

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 09:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well you should talk to your local post office. I recently order some stuff from Ebay and had to deal with talking to the post office manager and the person who I have to talk to every now and then to pick up missed packages.

The thing is just call and tlak to pick up to see if your package is there. Also the thing is sometimes they might have the package but might have sent it back. I was lucky once the fact my package was small.

Just keep calling your post office or whatever delivery serivice used and make sure they keep rounds of the package. asl them to check and refer to your package.

One time the guy said "I lie like a dog" on the phone to me. I could have recorded it and black mailed him.

Remember keep your freinds close but keep your enemies closer.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 09 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
... had to deal with talking to the post office manager( who is a Jew )

Could we try refraining from adding extra tidbits of trivia like that into our stories? They might be taken as offensive, because its so random it sounds like its a specially made point against someone based on religious belief. Forum rules and humane manners and all that, ya know.

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my general tidbit: I'm 100% positive that if RegalSin jumped in front of a bus, my day will get a little brighter no matter where I am when the driver "forgets" to hit the brake.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Spanky, don't forget, you have currently have control of the quote thread.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:
Here's my general tidbit: I'm 100% positive that if RegalSin jumped in front of a bus, my day will get a little brighter no matter where I am when the driver "forgets" to hit the brake.

To be fair, I should comment on this too.

B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
had to deal with talking to the post office manager( who is a Jew )

wow.

yeah,amazon is pretty lame. i ordered my copy of 'desperation' by stephen king, and it was a month and a half late. i mean,its a book so it's not like it really effected me all that much,but it's a good fucking book and it should show up when it's supposed to,not when they feel like it.

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Tebor
PostPosted: May 10 2006 12:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

B.B.King wrote:
yeah,amazon is pretty lame. i ordered my copy of 'desperation' by stephen king, and it was a month and a half late. i mean,its a book so it's not like it really effected me all that much,but it's a good fucking book and it should show up when it's supposed to,not when they feel like it.

I tend to hear Amazon is late with their book orders more often than anything else. One of the few times they were late with me was with a book (I'm currently putting off reading by typing this post). I could've gone to Borders and bought it there for the same price as Amazon... but, I'm lazy. I have no idea why their book service is slow.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 10 2006 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute....

Amazon is late with books.
Books have periods.
Amazon is late with periods.
Amazon is late with ITS period.

Oh my god! Amazon.com is pregnant! Should we send it flowers?
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 10 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

The post office isn't to blame for this one, trust me. Spanky worked for the post office as a carrier and I worked there doing dispatch. I was in a different branch than Spanky so I can't speak for his, but our branch was fucking TIGHT. My first day loading the last truck of stuff to be shipped by myself I accidentally missed ONE package delaying it a day, and they read me the fucking riot act. There was only one bad thing I ever saw, which was when someone opened up an express mail bag (each piece of express mail got its own bag complete with airline information on the tag) and found a piece of mail that was supposed to be delivered a year prior. So in my entire time at the post office, I saw ONE thing that was lost in the mail. It may have just been a summer job, but one piece of mail in the summer isn't that bad at all.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 10 2006 09:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
The post office isn't to blame for this one, trust me. Spanky worked for the post office as a carrier and I worked there doing dispatch. I was in a different branch than Spanky so I can't speak for his, but our branch was fucking TIGHT. My first day loading the last truck of stuff to be shipped by myself I accidentally missed ONE package delaying it a day, and they read me the fucking riot act. There was only one bad thing I ever saw, which was when someone opened up an express mail bag (each piece of express mail got its own bag complete with airline information on the tag) and found a piece of mail that was supposed to be delivered a year prior. So in my entire time at the post office, I saw ONE thing that was lost in the mail. It may have just been a summer job, but one piece of mail in the summer isn't that bad at all.

Uh yeah, what he said.

No, but really, things may be "tight" in the mail plants, but they sure aren't tight when the carriers are delivering the mail. People forget packages, people lose mail...it happens all the time. There used to be a joke that if they ever drained the lake in my town, they'd find every lost piece of mail ever reported. Postal carriers are a bitter and proud race, and they don't like their jobs AT ALL.

braincras
Title: braincrassed/audiofille
PostPosted: May 10 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

as a amazon.ca buyer for the first, i ordered a book for my friend. i contacted my friend 6 days after the confirm-ordered mail and he already got his book in his hands since 4 days. so it took ONLY 2-3 days to ship the book. i was very stunned. it was my first amazon buying and i were looking forward for others but now, after reading all the posts i feel confused. maybe i was very lucky. maybe there is differences between amazon.com and amazon.ca ...

old skewl gamer.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 10 2006 10:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I've never had any problems with Amazon. I don't have their "Prime" service, either. However, I do know a number of people who have had problems, particularly along the lines of Syd's friend. "Sure we'll ship it to you faster, but you have to pay a fortune even though it's weeks late..."

I've also had remarkably good luck with Amazon.ca. I've gotten a couple of things from there that I either couldn't get here in the US, or that were significantly cheaper there. They're fast.
Reply to topic

Jump to: