SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
What is the best and ur favorite fighting game of all time.

Reply to topic
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

For me that would be Rival Schools hand down however my favorite is DarkStalkers.

There is no other game out there like it.They gave us those Riki and Kunio H.S. Characters without making anybody look silly besides the regular silly. Had a story mode in the PSX game where you had dialogue that was fair and story telling.
The levels was refreshing and brought back those H.S. memories. In Project Justice they gave us watch mode so you could have Rival Schools running 24/7 in the background where ever you are. In RSII they even had a VMU mini game that could link to a PSX. The game itself is kinda like one of those love story tamigothchi games. In RSII they had loads of Mini games all over. You can even build your own character in RSII.

There is no other game that could ever top what Rival Schools did. Street Fighter was grand but went into the stages where characters made no sense and the recent Aplha Movie was a joke. Fatal Fury did have a 3d comeback but was never really recognized as a real Fatal Fury game. Marvel Vs. Capcom is pretty much where Capcom fell of the edge of the world. Street Fighter 2010 is a nice game to some but is a joke( I own this also). Guilty Gear is probably the only thing out there now thats has yet to be K.O.ed but still.

Also to be honest the DarkStalkers still has a chance of reviving but the outlook is slim seeing how Capcom is pretty much forgetfull about everything.

Battle Toshinden is something I wish to see revived but will be limited if so.
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: May 09 2006 01:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bushido Blade. I've never played a game, fighting or not, that was as intense as Bushido Blade.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 09 2006 02:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Best - Marvel VS. Capcom. MvC2 beats it in terms of sheer character selection, but the MvC fighting engine is way better.

Favorite - Super Smash Brothers Melee, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 5, Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Kurt
PostPosted: May 09 2006 02:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
What is the best and ur favorite fighting game of all time.

Best? I'd have to go with both Soul Calibur 1+2, Marvel Vs Capcom, and MVC2.

Favorite? Easily Super Smash Bros Melee. Nothing else besides MVC comes close to it in it's aura of awesomeness. Also nearly all the SSBM characters are easily playable, which is always a big plus in fighting games.
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: May 09 2006 02:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite is Super Street Fighter II for the Sega Genesis. Probably just because of all the memories, but me and my brother fought each other at that game at least an infinite ammount of times. We don't have any of the newer Street Fighters, so we still play the Genesis one semi-frequently, and it never gets old.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 09 2006 02:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Best is either Soul Calibur 2 or MVC. As much as I like the character selection in MVC2, MVC was just a better game.

favorite? X-Men vs. Street Fighter. It may be one of the older Capcom versus games, but the engine is basically the same throughout, and XSF had some awesome combos that were later removed for sheer brokenness. Oh yeah, and you could be 2 of the same character in older versions of the arcade game which allowed me to do the team super "the raging Gambit". Akuma may be cool, but 2 Gambits doing their supers at once not only makes the entire screen go white because there's too many hits in a short period of time, but it does almost a full bar of damage (full bar on some characters).

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 09 2006 02:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't even say what the best fighting game is.

But as for favorite, I've always been a big fan of old school Mortal Kombat, since that was my introduction to fighting games. Any of the 2-D MKs are great, but I & II are probably the closest to my heart.

Or they were, until Kano ripped it out.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 02:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Oh yeah, and you could be 2 of the same character in older versions of the arcade game which allowed me to do the team super "the raging Gambit". Akuma may be cool, but 2 Gambits doing their supers at once not only makes the entire screen go white because there's too many hits in a short period of time, but it does almost a full bar of damage (full bar on some characters).

The game didn't exactly allow it, it was a glitch/trick.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 09 2006 03:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I always liked "Super Street Fighter 2" and "Mortal Kombat 2" or characters of "MK Trilogy", but at the moment it's "Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi". It's surprisingly fun for a limited character, bad graphic, PS game.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: May 09 2006 09:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Marvel Super Heroes.

....because Hulk and Juggernaut high on infinity gems is a gift from god allmighty.
Jeebus wrote:
Quote:
Best is either Soul Calibur 2 or MVC. As much as I like the character selection in MVC2, MVC was just a better game.

favorite? X-Men vs. Street Fighter. It may be one of the older Capcom versus games, but the engine is basically the same throughout, and XSF had some awesome combos that were later removed for sheer brokenness. Oh yeah, and you could be 2 of the same character in older versions of the arcade game which allowed me to do the team super "the raging Gambit". Akuma may be cool, but 2 Gambits doing their supers at once not only makes the entire screen go white because there's too many hits in a short period of time, but it does almost a full bar of damage (full bar on some characters).

Agreed, yet i would sooo wanna challange you!

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: May 10 2006 12:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gusho, you could never beat me in XSF, especially if you like Juggernaut. See, Juggernaut is so big that there is no possible way to block the first hit of my 17 hit combo with Wolverine. Yes, I sound like a huge dork, but whatever.

Oh, and THANOS is ridiculous with inifinty gems, particulary reality. Nothing like reversing all your opponent's controls.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: May 10 2006 01:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Master of Volverine/Akuma/Gambit wrote:
Quote:
Gusho, you could never beat me in XSF, especially if you like Juggernaut. See, Juggernaut is so big that there is no possible way to block the first hit of my 17 hit combo with Wolverine. Yes, I sound like a huge dork, but whatever.

Many points i want to make about your great post.

1. While juggernaut is one of my faves, i don't use him against "serious battles" for the very same reason you stated. And if you don't Believe me, ask the other gushoshin. (incidentally, those are his fave characters too, great minds think alike i guess)

Quote:
Yes, I sound like a huge dork, but whatever.[/

Point #2. Na, not dorky at all. A passion for videogames is an art that can rival Leonardo and rodan. In a "Knock down drag out 'till death" human V. Human fight, i use good old fashion shoto-clones. (Read: cyclops and ryu)

Funny you and the others bring up fighting games (practically capcom ones.) Me and my brother were playing some not 2 days ago.

These posts keep getting better and better!

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: May 10 2006 03:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

I like Street Fighter Alpha 3, Soul Calibur II, Tekken 4. I use Guy in SFA3, Mitsurugi in SCII and Lei in Tekken 4. Those are pretty much the only fighting games I've ever really tried to get good at.
Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: May 10 2006 02:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer Tekken 3 because I'm not a big fan of the walls. Then again if all goes to plan I'll just be linking throws with King anyway so the walls don't matter. As for SF Alpha, I never liked those as much as the versus games. The super jump is like 70% of my game plan, lol.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 10 2006 04:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Out of the Tekkens, my order of favorites goes: Tekken 5, Tekken 3, Tekken Tag, Tekken 4, with Tekken and Tekken 2 being completely unplayable by modern standards. My main reason for ranking Tekken 4 so low? No Mokujin. Combot is gay.
Deezee
Title: Disregard me.
PostPosted: May 10 2006 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Both: Guilty Gear X2: Reload. (Maybe SLASH, but that hasn't come out in the US yet.)

</fanboy>
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 04:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sock wrote:
Bushido Blade. I've never played a game, fighting or not, that was as intense as Bushido Blade.

Screw you and your bushido blade!

I'm a huge KOF fan, but my favorites are soul calibur II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and Guilty Gear XX reload pound sign ect.

I totally rock face with nightmare in SCII. it's kind of scary. I don't let people stand up sometimes. When I play against my friends they don't let me play as ivy either.

oh yeah, and I hate tekken. I only got into 5 because of a girl with enormous boobs that I was freinds with. I loved playing as steve in that game. he was so unorthodox.

Reply to topic

Jump to: