"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The so offical remake/sequel thread!!!

Reply to topic
Adrock4
Title: Mostly Lurks, Now
PostPosted: Mar 19 2010 07:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Remember when Burton did original stuff?

What happened to THAT?

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 19 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I do like stop motion and the original art style is being used, but yeah...it would be nice if he did something original. Plus we don't really need anymore Addams Family movies.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: May 10 2010 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Men in Black 3 to be Released in 2012, Will Smith Confirmed

Columbia Pictures has officially signed Will Smith for Men in Black 3. The studio has also already signed director Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black) and has scheduled to the 3D movie to open on May 25th, 2012...

http://www.filmofilia.com/2010/05/08/men-in-black-3-to-be-released-in-2012-will-smith-confirmed/

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 20 2011 05:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I figured it's best to just bump this in keep with the reboots or sequels;

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/lethal-weapon-wild-bunch-reboots-73493

So yeah...Lethal Weapon reboot. FUCKING pointless. Why would you even want to try? It was basically one of the most successful buddy cop movies of it's time, but that's back when buddy cop movies weren't so fucking common. And there's no way you can top Mel Gibson...not even a fan of the guy...but he WAS Riggs.

Also a remake of The Wild Bunch...I mean the original was awesome, but I'm not that worked up over it. Ernest Borgnine better have a cameo.
username
PostPosted: Feb 14 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Matthew Greenberg has finished with his latest script, a Pet Sematary remake, and reports are saying that it’s ready to go to Paramount for filming.

Having really enjoyed his version of 1408 (also based on a Stephen King story), Greenberg writing a new Pet Sematary should come as good news. There’s just one problem: I’m not sure there’s much more that can be done with the story that wasn’t already done in 1989. It wasn’t very effects heavy, the cast was small and the story was succinct. What more could a remake bring to the table that hasn’t already been sufficiently brought?

The Los Angeles Times claims Greenberg “is set to turn in his script for a new version of the tale” but doesn’t that defeat the purpose of a remake? Doesn’t that make it more of a “rewrite” or, depending on the changes, a “retelling”? Of course we’ll all just have to reserve judgement until the film releases (Who knows? It might be great!) but until that day it seems like efforts could be better directed to King stories without film adaptations already.

pet sematary remake... like the quote says, why?

http://weareatomik.com/2011/02/03/pet-sematary-remake-but-why/

Klimbatize wrote:

Jack Slater
Title: Friendly Felon
PostPosted: Feb 15 2011 03:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

^ All the waiters and valets gave up on their screenwriting dreams, no more new ideas to steal, so now they just have to keep running back to the well to keep the balance sheets afloat.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 15 2011 03:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone excited to see that Arthur remake?
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Feb 17 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

ReeperTheSeeker wrote:
joshwoodzell wrote:
Fuck was used plenty of times in "Forrest Gump" and it was PG-13. It always depends on the usage: "Viet - fucking - nam!" was acceptable but I'm sure "Jenny, I'd love to fuck you" would not be.

soooo . . . wait, if 'fuck' is used in it's original context, it's not acceptable. But if it's fucking used in a fucking meaning - fucking - less angry fashion, then it's fucking acceptable. Well isn't that fucking special!!! Rolling Eyes

NOTE: I'm not being rude, just following hollywood's fucking logic.

Seriously though, hollywood, either have more then one fuck in pg-13 movies or not at all. It's not edge when fuck is used once in a pg-13 movie, it's just flat out stupid.

You should really check out the documentary This Film is Not Yet Rated if you want more insight on why this happens, and as to why the MPAA's rating group is a terrible thing to have. Their whole rating system in general is awful.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

username
PostPosted: Mar 02 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It seems like everything's coming up Robo: First, Detroit's original cyborg policeman, Peter Weller, comes out in favor of a proposed statue in the Motor City, and now MGM has hired a director to take over their long-simmering remake, replacing the Black Swan Oscar nominee.

Before MGM recovered from the brink of financial collapse that saw the embattled studio stop the works on everything from James Bond to Joss Whedon's Cabin in the Woods, Darren Aronosfky sparked to the idea of revamping the story of a Detroit cop who, after getting gunned down, returns to the streets as a metal marshal. But presumably Aronosfky got tired of waiting and signed on to direct his Fountain leading man, Hugh Jackman, in The Wolverine.

In filling that void, MGM has turned to the Brazilian filmmaker Jose Padilha, who directed a couple of foreign-language crime dramas that impressed the studio brass. I guess, given the luck that Robocop has had with directors for whom English is a foreign language—the series' progenitor is the Dutch Paul Verhoeven—there was no problem casting a very wide net.

http://blastr.com/2011/03/robocop-remake-kicks-into.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

the poster looks cool. and it has christopher lloyd. i dont know a thing about it though.

some guys write up on the tv show: http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/online-movies/the-witches-of-oz-movie-2011

and imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1592287/

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll stick to waiting around to catch a performance of Wicked thank you very much.

Also:

PASS!

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Apr 13 2011 01:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I'll stick to waiting around to catch a performance of Wicked thank you very much.

Also:

PASS!

Did he take someone down in that last scene with a rolling scissors attack? WTF? It's like they said, "Well, fuck, we can't get the rights to Assassin's Creed? Okay, uh, Dumas!"

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

username
PostPosted: Apr 14 2011 08:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

meh

Klimbatize wrote:

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Apr 15 2011 02:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I jumped the gun and posted a whole topic about it because I'm stupid, but all I have to say about Rise of the Planet of the Apes (besides there being way too many "of thes" in there) is, what? So an army of super monkeys is what led to Planet of the Apes Classic? Also, Andy Serkis is in it. If he's just providing motion capture and affectations for a CGI Chimp, I'm calling type-casting.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 15 2011 02:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'll stick to Project X, thank you! I guess they were afraid to use real chimps, so they opted for the shitty CGI unrealistic looking ones. Maybe they didn't want Travis the chimp ripping James Franco's fucking face off, which admittedly would be a much better movie. Could this movie be any more cliche based directly on the trailer? And the title sounds ridiculous as well. POTA didn't need a back story, the mystery was part of the fun.
username
PostPosted: Apr 15 2011 02:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

u could just delete your post, and that deletes the topic BZ. no one has replied yet

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 27 2011 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

username
PostPosted: Oct 15 2011 04:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
‘Die Hard 5′ Titled ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’, Details Revealed

Tom Rothman, co-chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fox Filmed Entertainment, appeared on Jim Rome this morning to announce the future of the Die Hard franchise. Apparently Rome is a huge fan of the Die Hard series and somehow scored the exclusive. Details can be found after the jump.

Here is what was revealed:

Die Hard 5 will be titled A Good Day to Die Hard
    Shooting begins in January 2012
    The sequel will be released on February 14th, 2013 (Valentine’s Day).
    The story is set in Russia and begins with John McClane heading to Moscow to sweet talk some cops into letting his apparently-wayward son out of jail for something he did, but when he gets there, things surrounding his son’s arrest are not as they appear and world-threatening terrorist hijinks ensue.
    McClane, Jr. has yet to be cast.
    They still don’t know if it will be rated PG-13 or R.

http://www.slashfilm.com/die-hard-5-titled-a-good-day-die-hard-details-revealed/

total weaksauce

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Dec 08 2011 07:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Noble Jones, who cut his teeth directing commercials, videos for Taylor Swift and Mary J. Blige, and handling second unit for David Fincher on The Social Network, hopes to make his feature directing debut on an updated low budget remake of American Psycho. Jones, who was Grammy nominated for his documentary 10 Days Out: Blues From the Backroads, is a Fincher protege who pitched the project months ago to Lionsgate, which holds the remake rights. Jones turned in a script about a month ago, but the project has suddenly become buzzed about because it hit the tracking reports that have become the cornerstone of trade reporting. His take was to tap the Bret Easton Ellis novel and turn it into a down and dirty new version that imagines how yuppie serial killer Patrick Bateman would fare in New York today, factoring in how the world has changed since the 2000 film that starred Christian Bale. »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni19276890/

wow. just feels very very..... unnecessary

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Dec 22 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

wrath of the titans. has some cool looking CGI titans & what not, but otherwise looks just as shitty as the first one

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 26 2011 08:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Scorpion King 3, with no Rock in sight and a direct-to-DVD release.

Also, Animated Biker Mice from Mars in 2013

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1907625/

Jack Slater
PostPosted: Dec 27 2011 01:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Biker Mice From Mars? Why not just create your own original IP and do the same movie? They're all just TMNT rip offs anyway. What next, Street Sharks? S.W.A.T Kats?

Cause that's how I roll bounce.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 27 2011 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Street sharks would be jawsome...

Jack Slater
PostPosted: Dec 27 2011 01:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, it could definitely have some teeth.

Cause that's how I roll bounce.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 27 2011 01:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I would watch a live action movie version of Samurai Pizza Cats.

Reply to topic

Jump to: