[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The so offical remake/sequel thread!!!

Reply to topic
scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Oct 23 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
You can only say "fuck" once or twice in a PG-13 film.

Then we use it maximum times. I wasn't exactly how many times you could say "fuck" in a PG-13. I just knew that Christmas Vacation was PG-13 and he said "fuck" in the movie. I can actually only think of on "fuck" off the top of my head.

Multiple "fucks" may be excessive. The first Vacation was R. European and Christmas were both PG-13. Vegas was PG. Each time they dropped the rating, you could tell it lost a little obscenity. The PG-13 movies weren't really watered down. Plus, they seemed to squeeze a little more in a PG-13 back in those days. But with Vegas, you could tell it was a little more family friendly and more watered down in the crude humor department. I don't want them to keep going that direction.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Oct 24 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
Welcome to earth...again.

earfh is the proper spelling.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 24 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:
You can only say "fuck" once or twice in a PG-13 film.

Then we use it maximum times. I wasn't exactly how many times you could say "fuck" in a PG-13. I just knew that Christmas Vacation was PG-13 and he said "fuck" in the movie. I can actually only think of on "fuck" off the top of my head.

Multiple "fucks" may be excessive. The first Vacation was R. European and Christmas were both PG-13. Vegas was PG. Each time they dropped the rating, you could tell it lost a little obscenity. The PG-13 movies weren't really watered down. Plus, they seemed to squeeze a little more in a PG-13 back in those days. But with Vegas, you could tell it was a little more family friendly and more watered down in the crude humor department. I don't want them to keep going that direction.

I don't even know why "fuck" garners an R rating anymore if used several times. I mean most kids who are 13 hear or use the word at school at least 50 times or more a day. Also, the fact that "fuck" is even controversial or used in a controversial fashion is just sad to begin with.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 25 2009 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck was used plenty of times in "Forrest Gump" and it was PG-13. It always depends on the usage: "Viet - fucking - nam!" was acceptable but I'm sure "Jenny, I'd love to fuck you" would not be.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 25 2009 01:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzell wrote:
Fuck was used plenty of times in "Forrest Gump" and it was PG-13. It always depends on the usage: "Viet - fucking - nam!" was acceptable but I'm sure "Jenny, I'd love to fuck you" would not be.

I only recall them using "fuck" was used during the Abbie Hoffman scene, and it only came through once, every other time there was feedback on the mic. It's stupid either way, since I don't see the need for using it all the time, yet I don't see the problem with the word to begin with.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 25 2009 03:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
joshwoodzell wrote:

I only recall them using "fuck" was used during the Abbie Hoffman scene, and it only came through once, every other time there was feedback on the mic. It's stupid either way, since I don't see the need for using it all the time, yet I don't see the problem with the word to begin with.

i think 'viet-fucking-nam' was the only time they said it.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Oct 25 2009 06:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzell wrote:

soooo . . . wait, if 'fuck' is used in it's original context, it's not acceptable. But if it's fucking used in a fucking meaning - fucking - less angry fashion, then it's fucking acceptable. Well isn't that fucking special!!! Rolling Eyes

NOTE: I'm not being rude, just following hollywood's fucking logic.

Seriously though, hollywood, either have more then one fuck in pg-13 movies or not at all. It's not edge when fuck is used once in a pg-13 movie, it's just flat out stupid.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 25 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The only time I remember "fuck" used multiple times was in the awful movie "Entrapment", which used "fuck" three fuckin times. This rule only applies to recent times, since back in the 80's when the PG-13 rule was instituted, there were several movies that used the f word a lot, and even "Just One of the Guys" showed a chick's rack.
username
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 02:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Yes, Virginia, There is a Three Men and a Baby Sequel Coming

It stars Guttenberg, Tom Selleck and Ted Danson.

The title? Three Men and a Bride.

http://www.wenn.com/archives/12384

did anyone (besides the 3 actors) honestly ask for this?

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Dec 28 2009 07:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Jonah Hill's '21 Jump Street' reboot gets direction, but will it collar a Johnny Depp cameo?

Jorge Carreon blogs on the progress of Jonah Hill's film reboot of classic 80s series "21 Jump Street." Now that the project is in discussion to lock down directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller ("Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs"), will it collar a camero of Johnny Depp, too?

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1486-LA-Personalities-Examiner

Klimbatize wrote:

jackfrost
Title: Cold Hearted Bastard
PostPosted: Dec 28 2009 09:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
Quote:
Yes, Virginia, There is a Three Men and a Baby Sequel Coming

It stars Guttenberg, Tom Selleck and Ted Danson.

The title? Three Men and a Bride.

http://www.wenn.com/archives/12384

did anyone (besides the 3 actors) honestly ask for this?

I never had any desire to even see the sequel, but given the actors are all has-beens at this point I can pretty much understandable why they want to do it. I'm guessing I'll see this on the discount bin of straight to DVD movies one day.

[img]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/akajackfrost/megaman.jpg[/img]

username
PostPosted: Jan 25 2010 07:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

bump
Quote:
Midnight Snack: Gremlins 3D

Like the mischievous gremlins popping out of a water-drenched Gizmo, rumors surrounding a possible third Gremlins movie have been flying for years, but MarketSaw has “very good information from a top source” that claims early production for Gremlins 3 is going forward and, yes you guess it it, in 3D! Reverse yay. I’m freaking sick of 3D already. Get back to me when a film can be projected in 360 Degree Real360 Hologram. Until then o’ Overlords of remake-seguel-reboot Land, please focus on making a good movie and stop fussing over the 3D fad. By the time this movie is a reality, the 3D buzz is likely to be dead and all that effort is going to go into a tech that everyone is over and fans of the franchise will probably be left with Dancing With Gremlins in Space or something similarly derivative.

http://www.popbunker.net/2010/01/midnight-snack-gremlins-3d/

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Feb 16 2010 02:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

this is retarded:
Quote:
You talking to me !, DeNiro Taxi Driver sequel

According to the Hollywood rumour mill, Robert De Niro and director Martin Scorsese are talking about the possibility of making a sequel to the cult 1976 movie Taxi Driver

http://www.movienewsmovietrailers.com/you-talking-to-me-deniro-taxi-driver-sequel/90634

Klimbatize wrote:

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 16 2010 04:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

why is that necessary?

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Feb 16 2010 06:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username
PostPosted: Mar 02 2010 02:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Zoolander Sequel Confirmed

After last week’s announcement that Justin Theroux will take the reigns on the long-awaited Zoolander sequel, Mr Blue Steel himself has revealed a number of juicy new details during an interview with MTV. “We are in the process of getting a script written”, said Stiller. “It’s in the early stages, but it’s gonna happen.” The star went on to confirm that the film will “have input from all the Zoolander people”, including co-star Owen Wilson.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/stiller-confirms-zoolander-sequel?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=news&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+totalfilm/imdbnews+

Klimbatize wrote:

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 03 2010 03:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Goddammit...Zoolander and Taxi Driver are fine the way they are!

I mean look at Clerks 2, it by no means was a terrible movie. I enjoyed it a lot, but did it need to be made? Hell no. Clerks stood alone as a cult film for so many reasons, the second movie, while good did not give me anything that the first one didn't, except maybe closure I didn't ask for to begin with. Part of the charm of the first movie is knowing that nothing really happened and not knowing where they'll go from there. Taxi Driver is one of those movies that stands alone as being good, deminising the character by bringing them back after so much time only allows for us the viewers to just pity them more than anything else. Hell, just look at Indiana Jones 4...it was like watching the Easter bunny get eaten by a boa constrictor.
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Mar 03 2010 09:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Zoolander isn't exactly cool hand luke, it probably won't be destroyed by a sequel.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 03 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I might be ok with it if Ben Stiller directs...please no Will Ferrel though,
username
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WHY!?!?!?!?
Quote:
"...The wonderful Wizard of OZ" to be rebooted

The Los Angeles Times reports that Warner Bros. are planning to remake the 1939 classic 'The Wizard of Oz' with a modern feel.

The studio are examining two ideas, one will be light-hearted and produced by Temper Hill, the other slightly darker and focused on Dorothy's granddaughter fights evil in Oz which will be screen-written by Josh Olson.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/03/wizard-of-oz-remake-new-dorothy.html

Klimbatize wrote:

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 03:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I fucking hate Hollywood. I fucking hate them SO much.

What next? "Gone With The fuckin' Wind"?
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 09:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ok the internet has been freaking out but since the original there has been:
An animated sequel
A live action sequel
A turkish version
A black version
A muppets version
8 television shows and an OVA one of which took place in outer space
26 non frank baum books that are still considered cannon
Various books that are not considered canon
Comic books
Video games
Numerous stage adaptations
And pez
After seeing all those is Wizard of oz any worse? Is it possible this new movie may be just be bad and not sully the image of the original or worse "ruin your childhood?"

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never liked the Wizard of Oz.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

username
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

well, the wizard of oz never liked you

Klimbatize wrote:

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 18 2010 02:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Alice in Wonderland director Tim Burton has found a new 3D project. He will direct a stop-motion animated film based on Charles Addams' original ghoulish cartoon drawings of The Addams Family. Illumination Entertainment, the Universal-based family film unit headed by Chris Meledandri, has acquired the underlying rights of the Addams drawings, once a staple of The New Yorker magazine."

http://www.deadline.com/2010/03/tim-burton-next-3d-animated-film-da-da-da-snap-snap-the-addams-family/#more-28841

Jesus...Tim Burton doesn't know when to quit...

I guess it couldn't be TOO bad with stop motion and the original style.

But we all know Depp and Carter will be Gomez and Morticia.
Reply to topic

Jump to: