"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Movies you've haven't seen till recently

Reply to topic
crookshow
Title: Donkey Kong Savage
PostPosted: May 23 2008 05:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Aside from being classics, they're also on tv all the damn time so you really have no good excuse not to watch them
Tyop
Title: Grammar Nazi
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow today for the first time. It was alright. Angelina Jolie's role was much smaller than I expected. As was Giovanni Ribisi's unfortunately. I'm a huge fan of his.

aika wrote:
Oh, I saw Superbad not too long ago. I usually don't go for stupid comedy movies of that genre but I thought Superbad was pretty funny actually.

You have already gotten a lot of heat for your movie preferences in this thread, but Superbad is not a stupid comedy movie. Eurotrip and Little Man are stupid comedy movies. Superbad is not.
aika
Title: Narcissist
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tyop wrote:
You have already gotten a lot of heat for your movie preferences in this thread, but Superbad is not a stupid comedy movie. Eurotrip and Little Man are stupid comedy movies. Superbad is not.

Shush. 8D Now that you mention it, I did see Eurotrip too. That wasn't bad either... I laughed a fair amount.

I already said like twice now that when BttF shows up on cable I'll watch it, promise! Geez people. Sad

天上天下唯我独尊

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aika, i'm behind everyone one else on this matter of BttF. All three movies are awesome and are worth sitting down and watching in full like a marathon.

Also, everyone is on your case because BttF is a pop culture staple (like Douche said) and it is also one of the last fleeting trilogies from the past that this current decade doesn't deem worthy of a crappy 'sequal' or 'remake', which is a good thing.

Rent the trilogy, borrow it from a friend, watch it on cable, buy it then sell it on ebay if you don't want it, BttF is a must see classic!

i just recently saw the new indy movie and will express my opinion in the appropriate thread "SHIT, PURE SHIT". I will say this though, seeing that movie made me want to watch the original trilogy, another must see classic.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aika wrote:
Tyop wrote:

Shush. 8D Now that you mention it, I did see Eurotrip too. That wasn't bad either... I laughed a fair amount.

I already said like twice now that when BttF shows up on cable I'll watch it, promise! Geez people. Sad

your lack of a proactive attitude is disappointing.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

aika
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yea yea, I get it. Razz You guys are acting like my ex did when he realized I'd never seen The Goonies...

天上天下唯我独尊

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ReeperTheSeeker wrote:
aika, i'm behind everyone one else on this matter of BttF. All three movies are awesome and are worth sitting down and watching in full like a marathon.

Also, everyone is on your case because BttF is a pop culture staple (like Douche said) and it is also one of the last fleeting trilogies from the past that this current decade doesn't deem worthy of a crappy 'sequal' or 'remake', which is a good thing.

Rent the trilogy, borrow it from a friend, watch it on cable, buy it then sell it on ebay if you don't want it, BttF is a must see classic!

i just recently saw the new indy movie and will express my opinion in the appropriate thread "SHIT, PURE SHIT". I will say this though, seeing that movie made me want to watch the original trilogy, another must see classic.

edit: akia, your current post came up after i submited this one, sorry if it seems push but . . . BttF is just that awesome.

And i still have that rocky theme stuck in my head . . . Twisted Evil

ImageImageImage

username
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aika wrote:
Yea yea, I get it. Razz You guys are acting like my ex did when he realized I'd never seen The Goonies...

you havent seen the goonies?! sweet christ. quit typing and go watch some movies.

have you seen Friday?

Klimbatize wrote:

aika
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
aika wrote:

you havent seen the goonies?! sweet christ. quit typing and go watch some movies.

have you seen Friday?

Hey, I've seen The Goonies now dude 8D My ex freaked and went out and bought it the very next day and made me sit down with popcorn and watch it. 8D Not my favorite movie but it was okay.

Friday? What Friday are we talking about? Friday the 13th? Freaky Friday? Some other Friday that is slipping my mind?

天上天下唯我独尊

username
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aika wrote:
username wrote:
aika wrote:

have you seen Friday?

Hey, I've seen The Goonies now dude 8D My ex freaked and went out and bought it the very next day and made me sit down with popcorn and watch it. 8D Not my favorite movie but it was okay.

Friday? What Friday are we talking about? Friday the 13th? Freaky Friday? Some other Friday that is slipping my mind?

sigh. Friday w/Chris Tucker and Ice Cube. it had two sequels (Next Friday + Friday After Next)

Klimbatize wrote:

aika
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like I'm trying your patience, lol. Nope, sorry, I'd never even heard of it until now. :/

Don't tell me. You're gonna kill me for never seeing Clerks either, right?

天上天下唯我独尊

username
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aika wrote:
I feel like I'm trying your patience, lol. Nope, sorry, I'd never even heard of it until now. :/

lol wow

what is it people say on forums?
EPIC FAIL!!

lol but its alright. i have a friend who just saw Braveheart like 2 months ago and he still hasnt seen Saving Private Ryan.

Klimbatize wrote:

crookshow
Title: Donkey Kong Savage
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't bother with Friday After Next. The first one is a classic, and Next Friday is pretty funny too.

I thought Eurotrip was pretty funny. I actually own the dvd, but only cause I picked it up for like 5 bucks. It definitely didn't suck though.

Superbad, I felt was overrated. I didn't catch it in theaters so it was hyped immensely before I got a chance to see it. I thought it dragged on for too long and didn't have much of a point. If it didnt have the actors that were in it, I probably wouldn't have cared for it at all. Knocked Up was a lot better I thought.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aika wrote:

OH
MY
GOD!

You ARE kidding? RIGHT?!

username
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

crookshow wrote:
Don't bother with Friday After Next. The first one is a classic, and Next Friday is pretty funny too.

I thought Eurotrip was pretty funny. I actually own the dvd, but only cause I picked it up for like 5 bucks. It definitely didn't suck though.

Superbad, I felt was overrated. I didn't catch it in theaters so it was hyped immensely before I got a chance to see it. I thought it dragged on for too long and didn't have much of a point. If it didnt have the actors that were in it, I probably wouldn't have cared for it at all. Knocked Up was a lot better I thought.

i havent seen friday after next. i was disappointed w/next friday so i didnt even bother w/the third one.

i didnt really care for eurotrip. it had some funny parts, but it just didnt appeal to me.

Klimbatize wrote:

aika
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
aika wrote:

OH
MY
GOD!

You ARE kidding? RIGHT?!

CALLED IT.

Hahahaaaa....

Well, my ex was a Clerks addict so he made me watch it... we ended up ummm "distracted" about halfway through it though and I don't really remember much after that. I did see the "My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!" "in a row?!" part though. I lol'ed at that. I'd have to see it again to remember everything, but I do remember thinking that the first half that I did see wasn't toooo bad...

天上天下唯我独尊

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: May 23 2008 06:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aika wrote:
aika wrote:

OH
MY
GOD!

You ARE kidding? RIGHT?!

CALLED IT.

Hahahaaaa....

Well, my ex was a Clerks addict so he made me watch it... we ended up ummm "distracted" about halfway through it though and I don't really remember much after that. I did see the "My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!" "in a row?!" part though. I lol'ed at that. I'd have to see it again to remember everything, but I do remember thinking that the first half that I did see wasn't toooo bad...

Crisis Averted! Clerks II I thought was hilarious...Pillow Pants, Listerfiend. Man I need to watch that again.

aika
PostPosted: May 23 2008 07:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

*snort* Crisis, you say? 8DDD

天上天下唯我独尊

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 24 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Eurotrip is awesome. "Scotty Doesn't Know" alone is worth the price of admission. Mentioning it in the same breath as a Shawn and Marlon Wayans movie is high treason. HIGH TREASON!

I recently saw Shock Treatment, the legendarily awful quasi-sequel to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I thought it would be campy fun, but it is the most nightmarishly awful movie ever made. Can we show a clip? Let's show a clip:

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: May 25 2008 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

aika wrote:
aika wrote:
Why would I want to be able to speak to a douche? Razz

Besides, isn't it just a professor and a dude and a car and time travel? Can't I just read a wiki summary and call it good?

Can I watch a how to perform open heart surgery video and say I'm a heart surgeon. You need the experience that is pre-sick Michael J. Fox.

I tend not to watch movies that came out around or before I was born. Razz Except for Clue. That movie was awesome.

If it shows up on cable, I'll give it a try. How's that?

If you like Clue, watch Oscar with Stallone. Its not quite as good, but it is filled with some of the same sort of fast paced humor that takes place when Tim Curry is explaining that nights events.

You can wait for BttF to play on cable. But it is for sure worth the rental. If you rent frequently, I'd put it at the top of my rental list. And its not just a couple of pop culture freaks on a internet forum. Its also currently #105 on IMDB's top 250. So people do consider it a great movie. As far as not watching movies before you were born, I hope you were kidding because if you were born after 1985 Back to the Future isn't the only thing you are missing out on. But even if you were serious, it has aged extremely well.

As for a movie I just recently watched...I dunno. I haven't seen anything new that really stands out. I mean there are movies, but nothing I "should have seen by now". There are movies that I still haven't seen. My buddy keeps telling me I need to watch The Explorers. I have it now, but still haven't watched it yet.

username wrote:
crookshow wrote:

i havent seen friday after next. i was disappointed w/next friday so i didnt even bother w/the third one.

Even though Friday is a classic and its sequels can't hold a candle in that regard, I thought Friday After Next was the funniest. Next Friday was okay, but I thought Friday After Next was better. But Mike Epps is so funny in those movies. I love how serious he takes himself as a security guard. And I think the third movie is more quotable than the second.

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: May 25 2008 02:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
aika wrote:
aika wrote:

Besides, isn't it just a professor and a dude and a car and time travel? Can't I just read a wiki summary and call it good?

Can I watch a how to perform open heart surgery video and say I'm a heart surgeon. You need the experience that is pre-sick Michael J. Fox.

I tend not to watch movies that came out around or before I was born. Razz Except for Clue. That movie was awesome.

If you like Clue, watch Oscar with Stallone. Its not quite as good, but it is filled with some of the same sort of fast paced humor that takes place when Tim Curry is explaining that nights events.

You can wait for BttF to play on cable. But it is for sure worth the rental. If you rent frequently, I'd put it at the top of my rental list. And its not just a couple of pop culture freaks on a internet forum. Its also currently #105 on IMDB's top 250. So people do consider it a great movie. As far as not watching movies before you were born, I hope you were kidding because if you were born after 1985 Back to the Future isn't the only thing you are missing out on. But even if you were serious, it has aged extremely well.

As for a movie I just recently watched...I dunno. I haven't seen anything new that really stands out. I mean there are movies, but nothing I "should have seen by now". There are movies that I still haven't seen. My buddy keeps telling me I need to watch The Explorers. I have it now, but still haven't watched it yet.

username wrote:
crookshow wrote:

Even though Friday is a classic and its sequels can't hold a candle in that regard, I thought Friday After Next was the funniest. Next Friday was okay, but I thought Friday After Next was better. But Mike Epps is so funny in those movies. I love how serious he takes himself as a security guard. And I think the third movie is more quotable than the second.

The Explorers is a cool movie for the time. I will admit it hasn't aged as well as BttF but it's special effects make it humble and a good movie to see for nostalgia. The funniest part is when the "Big" Daddy shows up and gets so pissed off he mumbles his own language. That last sentence may not make sense yet, but when you see the movie it will.

I've been wanting to continue my Rocky experience and watch III to the new VI that come out a while back. My local blockbuster does not even have III and V, only IV and i'm sure the VI in the new releases. Oh and i found the rocky movies in the action section, i always thought they were dramas.

should i bother though, the first two were awesome but are those that follow any good too?

ImageImageImage

scamrock
PostPosted: May 25 2008 02:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ReeperTheSeeker wrote:
scamrock wrote:
aika wrote:
aika wrote:

username wrote:
crookshow wrote:

The Explorers is a cool movie for the time. I will admit it hasn't aged as well as BttF but it's special effects make it humble and a good movie to see for nostalgia. The funniest part is when the "Big" Daddy shows up and gets so pissed off he mumbles his own language. That last sentence may not make sense yet, but when you see the movie it will.

I've been wanting to continue my Rocky experience and watch III to the new VI that come out a while back. My local blockbuster does not even have III and V, only IV and i'm sure the VI in the new releases. Oh and i found the rocky movies in the action section, i always thought they were dramas.

should i bother though, the first two were awesome but are those that follow any good too?

They're all good, IMO. The consensus on IMDB is that they progressively get worse with the exception of Rocky Balboa.

Part III is still early enough in the 80s that you still get a little bit of that gritty 70s feel but are making the transition to the change in times. Rocky is successful now and has to deal with being a marked man. Its still a solid movie. I think its every bit as good as the second movie.

Part IV is my personal favorite aside from the first one. Its about as 80s as you can get from the soundtrack to fighting the Russian, to Pauly's robot (I always remember seeing those things in catalogs when I was a kid). It may not be as good as its predecessors as far as quality of the story, yada yada yada and all that bullcrap. But if you are just a fan of the 80s in general, its perfect in every way, just as the original was for the 70s.

Nobody likes part V. Nobody except me it seems. While it is nowhere near the rest, its still nowhere near the garbage some people make it out to be. For me, its still Rocky. And its not even my least favorite.

Rocky Balboa was received pretty well. A lot of people loved it. I liked it, but for me, its my least favorite. They tried to modernize it and add realism by referencing ESPN and by using real life personalities like Jim Lampley and Max Kellerman and so on. All that may appeal to some people, but for me, it took away from the movie a little bit. But that doesn't mean it was a bad movie, because it wasn't. But I actually thought V goes better with the overall feel of the whole series than this one.

Anyways, I would for sure recommend watching all of them. As a matter of fact, I think its one of those series where you have to watch them all. As a whole, IMO, its stands up against any other series of movies ever.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: May 25 2008 03:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I somehow avoided seering Scarface and the Rambo trilogy until the last two years, same thing for 2001 A Space Odessey Total Recall and Comando. Confused

scamrock
PostPosted: May 25 2008 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout Boy wrote:
I somehow avoided seering Scarface and the Rambo trilogy until the last two years, same thing for 2001 A Space Odessey Total Recall and Comando. Confused

All awesome movies. First Blood is one of my all time favorites. Easily a top ten.

I guess I didn't watch 2001 until not long ago. Now I have to watch 2010.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: May 25 2008 03:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
Blackout Boy wrote:

All awesome movies. First Blood is one of my all time favorites. Easily a top ten.

I guess I didn't watch 2001 until not long ago. Now I have to watch 2010.

Indeed they are Also. I too am curious about 2010. I've never seen Soylent Green or Planet of The Apes, should I bother? Confused

Reply to topic

Jump to: