[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Fucking Celtics

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 03 2008 07:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Game 7? Really? Against the fucking Hawks? UGH.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: May 03 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

yeah. i am totally surprised.

my lakers swept the nuggets. no surprise there.

but i really really thought Chris Paul would get MVP but nope, they gave it to Kobe, it was about time really though.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 03 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, all that talk about casting to the Eastern Conference Finals? All garbage until they can prove they can win a road game in the playoffs. That'll be tough since the couldn't do it against the EIGHTH SEED.

crookshow
Title: Donkey Kong Savage
PostPosted: May 03 2008 01:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've quietly become a Hawks fan over the last week and a half, but there's no chance of them winning a game 7 in boston. KG would start murdering people if that even came close to happening. I've actually been pulling for Houston since my Warriors just missed the cut, but so much for that. I hate the Lakers with a passion, and hate the Spurs, Mavericks, Suns and Jazz as well (at least 2 of those are now eliminated) so I guess that now makes me a Hornets fan by default. Chris Paul is amazing, but ultimately I don't think they have the experience needed to take out a team like LA or SA deep in the playoffs so I'm fully prepared to jump on the Boston or Detroit bandwagon if it comes to that.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 03 2008 01:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One of my co-workers is convinced that the series is fixed and that both teams agreed to go to Game 7 for the advertising money.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cattivo
PostPosted: May 03 2008 02:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hear the fixing rumor every NBA playoffs. They were very rampant during the Bulls' run in the 90s, especially when die hards couldn't believe that we actually let the finals go to six games all the time instead of just sweeping.

Just be thankful the Celtics even made it in the playoffs. We made it to the EC finals last year, but this year, when we had a better team on paper, we imploded from start to finish. I'm having flashbacks from the White Sox's '06 season when we were theoretically better than the '05 club, but struggled to win a respectable 90 games but got edged out by the upstart Tigers and Twins. We got off to a great start this year, but we're on a skid again now, while the Cubs have one of the best records in baseball. At least our division seems softer this year. It's like the central divisions switched abilities.
crookshow
PostPosted: May 03 2008 02:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you're talking about the bulls, which I assume, at least be thankful you guys got rid of Ben Wallace. Throwing all that money at him and getting rid of Chandler was a big misstep, but now you can move on. I like the Bulls quite a bit and the nucleus of Hinrich, Deng, Gordon and Tyrus Thomas is a promising one. I'm not sure how their cap space situation is going into the offseason, but they could be a key free agent signing away from being one of the better teams in the east, especially if they can reclaim Elton Brand.
username
PostPosted: May 03 2008 02:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

those nba playoff rumors have been around forever. ever since david stern got into the league as the commissioner. check out this blog

Klimbatize wrote:

Shut up, Dorn
Title: White Chocolate
PostPosted: May 04 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm rooting for the Hawks. Go Pistons! I would like to see a Boston/Detroit Eastern Conference Final, but I like it whenever the favorite is destroyed, unless they are my team.

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: May 04 2008 04:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Celtics are scared of Lebron thats my theory, they are buying time to figure out a way to take down one of the greatest stars in all of Cleveland. I'm kind of joking but really I hope my Cavs atleast put up a fight.

username
PostPosted: May 04 2008 05:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

well, the celtics won. im hoping they get to the finals to play my lakers. that would be too good to be true.

Klimbatize wrote:

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 04 2008 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, the last time we saw Lakers vs Celtics:

I'll care about the NBA again next year. I'm hoping my hometown Blazers will have grown and strengthened as a young team. I think they have a good shot of making the playoffs next year. (Probably not the finals, but one step at a time.) And, hopefully Greg Oden will live up to everyone's expectations as he'll be ready to play next season. He better not be another Sam Bowie.*

*For those who don't live in Portland or are not huge NBA triva nuts: In 1984, the Blazers drafted Center Sam Bowie to much fanfare, who then turned out to not be a very good player, and was injury prone throughout his NBA career.

Who did we pass up to pick Mr. Bowie?

Fucking Michael Jordan!

(Also John Stockton and Charles Barkley.)
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 05 2008 05:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that the Celtics won Game 7 by 34 points just makes me madder, because it underscores the fact that the series never should have went to Game 7.
username
PostPosted: May 14 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

now its time to see the celtics win by 20 at home again and see them lose next game on the road.

come on Lakers.

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 14 2008 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Why the hell can't the Celts win on the road? IT'S THE SAME FUCKING GAME! Seriously, what's the problem?

OH NO! THIS NBA REGULATION BASKETBALL COURT THAT IS BUILT TO EXACTLY THE SAME SPECIFICATIONS AS OUR COURT IS TOO DISORIENTING! HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY FUNCTION WHEN THERE'S ANOTHER TEAM'S LOGO ON THE FLOOR INSTEAD OF OURS? IT'S DISTRACTING!
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: May 14 2008 06:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Its the atmosphere man, haven't you ever felt more pressure in doing something that you know would make you look awesome infront of other people. Only while doing it you fail miserably? I'm a Cav's fan so if they win tonight in Boston, GAME SET MATCH!

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 14 2008 07:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Why the hell can't the Celts win on the road? IT'S THE SAME FUCKING GAME! Seriously, what's the problem?

OH NO! THIS NBA REGULATION BASKETBALL COURT THAT IS BUILT TO EXACTLY THE SAME SPECIFICATIONS AS OUR COURT IS TOO DISORIENTING! HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY FUNCTION WHEN THERE'S ANOTHER TEAM'S LOGO ON THE FLOOR INSTEAD OF OURS? IT'S DISTRACTING!

Maybe because Boston has that damn distracting Parkay floor. Thier eyes have grown used to it, but everyone else's normal floors look weird and disorienting to them.
username
PostPosted: May 17 2008 03:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Game 7? Really? Against the fucking Hawks? UGH.

game 7 again. against the cavs.

sigh, stupid stern fixing the damn playoffs. or the celtics just cant win on the road. you decide
Knyte wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Maybe because Boston has that damn distracting Parkay floor. Thier eyes have grown used to it, but everyone else's normal floors look weird and disorienting to them.

i was talking to some boston fan from rhode island last night at the bar and he was saying it was actually the forest green jerseys that make them suck on the road. since the older jerseys has the bright green, it made it easier to play w/those jerseys because the other team would be blinded. i lol'd of course.

Klimbatize wrote:

erock
Title: likes to party
PostPosted: May 18 2008 05:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Boston wasn't playing bad in the first half but in the second all of a sudden its like they are wearing huge weighted suits. It looks like they are just plodding around at the moment. Come on green its just LeBron and a bunch of scrubs.
username
PostPosted: May 18 2008 07:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

well, they managed to pull thru. now for them to get beat by the pistons, since they are the only other team to win on the road.

there go my hopes for a retro matchup of lakers vs celtics.

Klimbatize wrote:

crookshow
PostPosted: May 25 2008 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well the C's finally managed to win one on the road, and looked pretty convincing doing so. I'd say the series is theirs to lose right now. Hopefully it doesn't take them another 7 games to move on. The Lakers aren't really playing around right now.

Continuing on the NBA tip, here's an entertaining clip for the lakers/kobe fans:

username
PostPosted: May 25 2008 01:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, i still believe the pistons have this series.

the lakers are no joke. i still think the spurs will win at least one game at home. dont underestimate the heart of a champion, but the lakers will win it in 5

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Jun 13 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, fuck the celtics alright

Klimbatize wrote:

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jun 13 2008 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Reply to topic