"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
There's a serious lack of Freddy Power on this site

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 01:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm watching A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors right now and it got me thinking no other horror franchise of the 80s embraced pop culture the way Freddy Krueger did. I demand more Freddy content on this site. Even if it's a review of a music video or something. I know you have a Freddy figure laying around somewhere.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 02:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Freddy Kreuger...pajamas?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 02:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've been thinking about doing some Freddy stuff for awhile. I was originally hoping to review the Fat Boys video "Get Ready For Freddy" around Halloween, but it didn't come together in time. As for a full blown movie review, I've had trouble writing those. What with the summarizing and the commenting, any movie review I'd end up doing would probably end up being ridiculously long. Of course, that might not be a bad thing.

I started on a Scanners review awhile ago, but it never got finished.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I've been thinking about doing some Freddy stuff for awhile. I was originally hoping to review the Fat Boys video "Get Ready For Freddy" around Halloween, but it didn't come together in time. As for a full blown movie review, I've had trouble writing those. What with the summarizing and the commenting, any movie review I'd end up doing would probably end up being ridiculously long. Of course, that might not be a bad thing.

I started on a Scanners review awhile ago, but it never got finished.

NICE! Very Happy

Well, I expect some Freddy by Halloween then. Deadline: set and match.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 03:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Syd's concerns. Reviewing a movie is more difficult than reviewing a game. A lot of people don't really play video games, especially retro ones. So you can review an obscure game, and people will laugh. But I think most people would rather go out and watch a movie, than spend 90 minutes reading about it.

Being the fan I am, I'd still read the article, as would everyone else on the boards. But not everyone is so dedicated.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

PolarisSLBM
PostPosted: Mar 30 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

But Freddy movies have such an awesomely-80's sound track... you get Dokken (Dream Warriors AND Into The Fire in 3) and Vinnie Vincent and Billy Idol (and a lot of other crappy people on 4), but most importantly, you get the original version of the Bruce Dickinson-penned Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter (also WASP) on 5.

And some other stuff probably happens. But you gotta love someone who's not afraid to have the Vinnie Vincent Invasion and Dokken on a soundtrack.
Reply to topic

Jump to: