SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The "this shit pisses me off" thread.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 09 2012 08:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like I've hit a low point with my life. Well not so much a low point as I'm starting to wonder what would've happened if I'd made a couple different choices, or took a couple risks that I didn't.
While I'm glad with the choices I did make I'm starting to wonder what would've happened if I'd done something else... Like jump right into school, or skip school and just try to get a decent job in a trade field.

Also I feel like other than the social interaction (which wasn't that great for me), and getting me started on a couple certifications for computers that high school was mostly a joke. Anything I needed to learn for college I don't feel like I did, and what I did learn I didn't retain. I did have a couple good classes like my senior English class where I did read some really great books, but with math and science I didn't have much luck. My freshman year we had a series of subs because the science teacher quit a bit before halfway through, my sophomore year was okay, but i don't remember anything, I'll pin that on myself, and my junior year the chemistry teacher was just plain horrid at teaching chemistry. I remember that she would use the same recycled tests year after year, and by default, the same test keys. Well turns out her test keys were all wrong because she didn't know what she was doing when she wrote them. So all those straight A students that kept getting C's and D's in her class all didn't deserve it. The grade weight was like 70% tests, 30% assignments.

Hell I am freaking scared to go to college, I don't think I'll be able to pass the required math classes or general sciences needed to graduate.

My senior year was my favorite though, I got straight A's and my lowest grade was one B- because I didn't do my programming final one term, totally my fault on that.

Anyway I don't think "regret" is the word to describe what I'm feeling. I think it's just anxieties over the choice I did make and nervousness over how it'll impact my future.

But 'tis life I guess.
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Sep 09 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I feel ya dude, but don't get too hung up on regrets, you can talk about yesterday till you're blue in the face and change nothing. Hang in there you'll find your groove one day.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 12 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't dwell on it. The more you worry about what happened, you lose focus on the things you can be accomplishing now.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 12 2012 03:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed that I'm unable to sleep until a certain time of night. I'm not sure if that's insomnia or because my sleep schedule has been so fucked up for so long that it's irreversible.

Either way, I feel like this has to stop.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: Sep 13 2012 07:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ugrrrggghhhh... iMac is fucking screwing up again... just as I had set it up as my main SSH and HTTP server.

Well fuck, I guess I will have to stop being a cheap fuck and get a new iMac. Or at least buy a power supply to fix this machine's failing one.

EDIT: Oh, and in the fustration of this issue, I restored my iPhone, without backing up my ROMs on it, losing a whole bunch of my progress in Earthbound and all my MOTHER 3 progress. Oh, and I haven't even been able to restore it to a usable state yet, and absoltely need to do that before I go to sleep tonight. (It's 12AM, and I need to get up at around 6AM an--

ARRRGGHHH, SOMEONE FUCKING SHOOT ME, I'M IN HELL!
Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Sep 13 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Chris Matthews. He has to be the only person in journalism who can host a panel discussion and be the only one who talks.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

Cattivo
PostPosted: Sep 13 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Plus he sees racism everywhere, even in the word "Chicago."
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 13 2012 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

whiny whiny whiny teenagers

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 13 2012 06:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When people take advantage of their relatives handicapped permits and even though they're perfectly fine will park in a handicapped stall. Moreso if the parking stall next to the handicappped stall is empty
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Sep 13 2012 07:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hacker wrote:
When people take advantage of their relatives handicapped permits and even though they're perfectly fine will park in a handicapped stall. Moreso if the parking stall next to the handicappped stall is empty

Just putting it out there that not everyone who has a disability and qualifies for a placard is someone who has a disability you can see.

That said...yeah. This annoys me.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 14 2012 02:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Terrible Netflix views. I don't care what your Kindergarten teacher told you, if you think Jamie Kennedy is "COMIC GENIUS HATERS NEED TO STOP" then you are a fucking moron with wrong opinions.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 14 2012 02:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Watching a friend spiral into depression and doing what you can to help, but slowly realizing that nothing you do is working.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Fighter_McWarrior
PostPosted: Sep 14 2012 03:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
Terrible Netflix views. I don't care what your Kindergarten teacher told you, if you think Jamie Kennedy is "COMIC GENIUS HATERS NEED TO STOP" then you are a fucking moron with wrong opinions.

I like you.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Sep 14 2012 03:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
Watching a friend spiral into depression and doing what you can to help, but slowly realizing that nothing you do is working.

Try to encourage him to seek a counselor. They have training you don't have and can help him or her in ways you're not able to. This does suck though. I watched one of my close friends battle with crippling depression for a couple years, and there's nothing that feels quite so helpless.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 14 2012 04:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

In context, what I was talking about is when a movie is incredibly bad, and 99% of the reviews reflect that. Then there's one horribly-written review where someone thinks they're behind enemy lines as the only person with good movie taste, all just "Don't no wut u are expectngi from Uwe Boll, just a dum action movie, talked to all my friends they like it to!"

FIVE STARS.

Then I watched Hecklers, which starts off promising as a popcorn flick where you watch comedians beat down hecklers at their shows, and it's genuinely funny. Then it turns into Jamie Kennedy just acting like he is the funniest man in America, and all criticism of his shitty routines, shows, and movies are false because everyone's out to get him, or that all female critics just want to fuck him. He's just this whiny fucking child the whole movie, and the reviews mostly reflected that, with those few morons who think he is great and cares about them. Like if they read this review he will make them famous too.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Sep 14 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really, really hungry but at the same time I'm really, really sleepy and there's no way I'm going to the store. I never thought that I would die like this.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 15 2012 02:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Actually passing out in front of the laptop. I had stuff to do and people to talk to, come on body.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Sep 15 2012 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
I'm really, really hungry but at the same time I'm really, really sleepy and there's no way I'm going to the store. I never thought that I would die like this.

LOL

Fighter_McWarrior
PostPosted: Sep 17 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Spambots on this forum. I'm not sure what's more offensive: the fact that they post at all, or that they've tried to sell us Glee and the newest Resident Evil movie.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 19 2012 01:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

The "Cool Story, Bro," meme. There was some douche in our WoT clan who said it like nine times tonight in Teamspeak, so I banned him from the chat and clan. It is the least fucking funny thing, embraced by the least funny people. If you are planning to respond to this post with it, you are part of a cultural disease.

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 19 2012 02:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'll admit that the level of disrespect it implies is rather annoying.

But at the same time why articulate a response to a post you found uninteresting? "Cool story bro" basically says "I thought your story was shitty"
Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 19 2012 02:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe if it was inresponse some person just copy-pasting political bumper stickers with a faux-outrage tone in a serious poltical discussion, I'd understand. Unfortunately it's mostly just a bunch of obnoxious little teens who do it without any real reason.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 19 2012 03:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
Maybe if it was inresponse some person just copy-pasting political bumper stickers with a faux-outrage tone in a serious poltical discussion, I'd understand. Unfortunately it's mostly just a bunch of obnoxious little teens who do it without any real reason.

I agree with you in that it's used way too much for all the wrong reasons. But I also agree with Hacker, that it has a specific application and can be acceptably used in some cases.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Sep 19 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 19 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:

I'll agree with you here.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: