SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The "this shit pisses me off" thread.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Aug 31 2012 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to decide what to do as a career for the rest of my life.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Aug 31 2012 07:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Best of luck to you on that one, sir. Make a list of what sounds interesting, and schedule a talk with your counselor to help gain a better understanding of what you might be in for. If it still sounds good, try obtaining some names of professors and do the same thing.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 01 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

My ankles after an eight hour shift. Pain.

Getting over it though.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Sep 01 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:

Yeah that is always difficult. Took me forever to finally settle on one which is probably why it was nearly 5 years after high school that I finally found myself looking at colleges. I think the hardest part for me was trying to find something you know you will be good at and might actually enjoy, but also that won't leave you in a job field that is flooded with new graduates making it nearly impossible to find a job. I had several ideas for what I wanted to do that were instantly discounted just based on job prospects alone. Like Preng said talk to the counselor and definitely talk to some professors, especially ones that have actually worked in the field as something other than just purely academic unless you want to be purely academic.
Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Sep 01 2012 01:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Shit. I'm almost two years into my career and I still haven't figured it out.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 01 2012 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cam, my advice is to work. Lots of kids graduating college saying "I'm going to do this" without ever having earned a paycheck. Getting a job is also a really good way of meeting new friends in college.

Crap like this guy pisses me off. I just kind of hate sense of entitlement that for the past 90 years or so, you're not allowed to bring in your food to the theater, then nitwits getting up-in-arms because the movie theater workers didn't get the memo that this particular customer should be allowed to bring whatever he wants. I wrote an angry comment on the bottom that's a little more elaborate. It's pretty easy to find.

I used to like that website. They wrote some funny and thoughtful reviews, now it's run by that dickhole who writes a quick plot synopsis, then copy+pastes his old college philosophy papers into the middle, then calls everything shitty. Most of the other reviews are pretty much the movie versions of the Youtube Angry Gamer-type who have thesaurus.com in their browser tabs when writing.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 01 2012 03:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

my phone... for the longest time the camera had a scratch on it. the camera still worked but the pics came out fuzzy/blurry. i tried cleaning it & just seeing if i could fix it but nothing. so, yesterday i go to this local phone shop & they can replace that piece for $15. i say 'hell yeah' wait about 15 minutes & BAM! my phone is good to go.

fast forward about an hour later & i realize my phone is dying. so i plug it in and the charge wont take. i figured its my car charger. i get home. same deal. finally after twisting the cable around several times it starts charging. and then i realize that no sound is coming from my phone. i reboot it thinking its that. nope. no sound at all. i can hear people when im on the phone & when i use headphones, but i cant hear the general speaker when it rings or when i get a text or anything.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Fighter_McWarrior
PostPosted: Sep 04 2012 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Being broke. I did a really poor job budgeting the last time I visited home and it bit me in the ass harder than I was expecting. A big "oops" that I feel pretty shitty about.

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Sep 05 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quebec election just ended, and Parti Québécois forms a minority government with 54 seats on 125.
Meanwhile, PLQ has 50 and CAQ has 19. Nobody really wants to ally with each other.
So, most likely there'll be another election in 3 months. Great Confused

We really need a two-round system...
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 05 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:

It happens, I've whittled down my interests from pyrotechnics (I'm not good enough with chemistry or math to do it), Lawyer, business owner, and computers, to just computers.
Though, since GP told me what he does I've started to reconsider networking and security to what he does. His job duties change constantly and he does a lot of different things all the time, where as networking I'd be doing a lot of the same. I love change, I hate having the same thing to do all the time.
Fighter_McWarrior
PostPosted: Sep 05 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

My best staffer just quit this morning. Got a voicemail from her that said, "Hey. I'm not coming in to the office today. I want you know that I don't want this position. Really sorry!"

We're 60 days from the election and now half my field staff is gone. FUCK!!!

Cattivo
PostPosted: Sep 06 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Geez, whatever happened to two weeks notice?
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 06 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Geez, whatever happened to two weeks notice?

either one of two things happened, shitty boss, or shitty worker.
From what she said I'd say shitty worker.

My last boss was a jackass to rival all jackassery on the continent. If I'd given a two weeks he would've made my job a nightmare, he already hated me and an excuse to make my job harder would've been a field day for him. So I walked up to the store manager and quit that morning. I at least worked that days shift though.
Fighter_McWarrior
PostPosted: Sep 06 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's actually more a case of option C, which is "shitty job". A field organizer position is a fucking awful thing. You only get paid about a grand a month, you work about 100 hours a week and you basically spend all day dealing with people who probably hate you. I'm less a slave driver than most Field Directors (which I get endless shit about from my higher ups) but it's still a crappy fucking job.

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 06 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh ouch, well that still sucks Sad

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Sep 06 2012 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Does that have anything to do with the US' elections basically being a year long?
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Sep 06 2012 04:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lavalarva wrote:
Does that have anything to do with the US' elections basically being a year long?

The presidential one seems longer than that. It seems like we start talking about it two years before they actually happen.
Fighter_McWarrior
PostPosted: Sep 06 2012 05:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lavalarva wrote:

And even more to do with our immense population. To win my district, for instance, my candidate has to get 48,507 votes. Since our district leans Republican pretty heavily, that means that my candidate and her staff have to personally convince as many of our districts 155,000 odd voters to cast in for her. An FO can talk to roughly 175 people a day between phones and door knocking. Multiply that by 2 and you have 250 per day. Ideally, you want to make 3 passes through the district with each pass meaning you contact everyone. So obviously we're all under a ton of pressure to get results, especially since my campaign was short one staffer before that FO quit. It means that on top of making sure everything runs smoothly (a 110 hour a week job in and of itself) I'm also going to have to pick up the slack on voter contact. All the while, my bosses are yelling at me on a bi-daily basis because I can't perform miracles with my lack of resources, which will only get worse now that she's walked out on me.

So yeah...I hate my job. It's pretty much ruined politics as a career for me, if not as a hobby

Cattivo
PostPosted: Sep 07 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hate how doing more of something you love, for a living, can take all the joy out of it. So not fair. Sorry Fighter.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Sep 07 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Overflowing toilets. One of my friends clogged my toilet and left without telling me, so when I flushed it later on, water started spilling out of the bowl. Now all of my bath towels are sitting in my bath tub, soaking wet with poop water.
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Sep 07 2012 01:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Getting a bad stomachache right on a super busy day at work...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Cattivo
PostPosted: Sep 07 2012 04:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That certainly kills productivity. I get the occasional migraine at work, and that always kills my ability to get enough done at the office.
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Sep 07 2012 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sure does. I had to leave work early today actually... I vomited 3 times and started getting really weak. The pains were getting really bad and I'm still tossing and turning as I write this...

Driving home was a bitch too; my job is a half-hour drive away from where I live, there was heavy traffic in a couple of areas, and I had to take a detour due to road construction. Ended up arriving about an hour after leaving work. Almost ran out of gas too. All while dealing with a terrible stomach-ache. One of the worst driving experiences I've had.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Sep 08 2012 05:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Our trampoline just flew over the fence...
At least it got stuck in the ditch and isn't lying right in the middle of the road
Confused
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 09 2012 03:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
Overflowing toilets. One of my friends clogged my toilet and left without telling me, so when I flushed it later on, water started spilling out of the bowl. Now all of my bath towels are sitting in my bath tub, soaking wet with poop water.

On that, when people clog it and don't bother to fix it.

It happened all the time when I lived with my parents, and I never failed to yell at them for just leaving it.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: