SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The "this shit pisses me off" thread.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Aug 22 2012 04:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The area I live in is full of shitty "speed zones" where it goes from 55mph to 25, then to 45, back to 25... then 35 to 55 and then 40mph. This is all within about two-three miles of the same road. Almost everyone goes 50mph through the entire stretch. In the morning and afternoon rush hours it is so dangerous because you get people who drive at ranges from 70-80mph all the way down to 20mph on the same road. The cops seem to pull people over randomly, as I once got a ticket for going 55 in a 45 zone when pretty much everyone else around me was going about 75mph.

The stupidity in town planning caused an accident so bad a few weeks back that traffic was stopped for 10 hours one afternoon/night. I pulled my car over, locked it up and walked home in 20 minutes. Hilariously, an old man got beat up by a few women in bikinis during that major traffic jam.

After living in many places both in the US and other countries, I am convinced New York has some of the shittiest roads and traffic laws out there. Actually, most of the Northeast US roads are fucked up, and way too many of the drivers are terrible.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Aug 22 2012 04:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

we got a new website builder thats easier to use but now our boss wants us to build a website to get used to the product... wtf?! this aint school... i dont want homework.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 22 2012 05:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck User.

Damn @, and I thought it was bad here where the same road can vary between 35 & 55 from town to town.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Aug 22 2012 05:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never been in an accident or had any sort of ticket. I have douchey friends who say fast drivers are typically better drivers, and they've all had accidents caused by them.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Aug 22 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
I've never been in an accident or had any sort of ticket. I have douchey friends who say fast drivers are typically better drivers, and they've all had accidents caused by them.

I try not to speed unless it's an emergency, like when my friend got hurt this one time.

Also worthy of note, there's some sort of new law in Missouri where, if you get caught speeding twenty miles over the limit, then you can be charged with attempted manslaughter. I'm not sure if that's common elsewhere or just how new it is, but one of my teachers was harping on it one day. It was kind of funny.

"I go fifty-five... in town... I'm not that dangerous."

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 23 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Man-slaughter? Geez. I never go 20 over though, typically 10-15.

I've only had one accident, and that wasn't my fault - the cop didn't give a citation to me, or the lady I hit, who foolishly decided not to turn at the last minute, not giving me enough time to brake.

I like to think I'm a good driver, but most probably think that of themselves.

Another thing for me to bitch about: Idiots like Todd Akin that make my party look bad. It's bad enough that some prominent members of my party are more concerned about social issues, alienating the electorate, instead of discussing what's really important for government: the economy & international relations. We don't need ignoramuses spouting B.S. about basic biology that they don't understand.
Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Aug 23 2012 01:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:

I've never had a speeding ticket. That said, As far as accidents go...well...let's just say I pay high insurance.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

JRA
PostPosted: Aug 24 2012 04:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hate, fucking HATE not being able to sleep. The worst part is I have a job interview in less than 7 hours, and its all i can think about it. It's been forever since I applied for a job too, and the last one I applied for was a little less sophisticated than this. The more I think about the more I just want it to happen now so I can get it over with, and that's not the way I should be thinking. Goddammit.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

JRA
PostPosted: Aug 24 2012 04:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hate, fucking HATE not being able to sleep. The worst part is I have a job interview in less than 7 hours, and its all i can think about. It's been forever since I applied for a job too, and the last one I applied for was a little less sophisticated than this. The more I think about the more I just want it to happen now so I can get it over with, and that's not the way I should be thinking. Goddammit.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 24 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nerves can do that man. My girlfriend had insomnia for a week right before a big interview and right after a big move to a new apt. I'm constantly plagued by insomnia myself.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Aug 24 2012 03:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Trolls" who will say nasty, unfunny shit on message boards, then post that stupid stupid image macro or tell you to "chill out" when you say they're unfunny or something. I think they think that there are people raging and punching holes in the wall just because a teenager thinks he's being edgy or funny, when in reality, we're just annoyed that boards we like are getting poisoned by pimple-popping turds like them. Then, if you say that you didn't like My Little Ponies, they will rage post in all caps and threaten to hack your account or some shit.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

USPS. I already have all my 3DS games but thanks to the incredibly slow postal service I'll not have the actual system until probably Tuesday now, which wouldn't be a big deal if my university didn't start back next week and Tuesday wasn't the first day I had a class. Was hoping it would get here today or tomorrow but it just now hit Missouri so unless by some miracle it gets to Illinois tonight I'll be lucky to have time to play it before next Friday.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 02:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Beach Bum wrote:
USPS. I already have all my 3DS games but thanks to the incredibly slow postal service I'll not have the actual system until probably Tuesday now, which wouldn't be a big deal if my university didn't start back next week and Tuesday wasn't the first day I had a class. Was hoping it would get here today or tomorrow but it just now hit Missouri so unless by some miracle it gets to Illinois tonight I'll be lucky to have time to play it before next Friday.

Don't forget to post your friend code in the thread. Did you get Mario Kart?

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 03:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

No I bought Zelda, Cave Story, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. I really wanted Zelda, heard good things about Cave Story, and Devil Survivor Overclocked was the only turn-based RPG on the system as far as I could tell. Probably pick up Mario Kart once I've had time to play the others for a while, because I'll want to get Harvest Moon: A New Beginning whenever it is released and Pokemon Black or White 2 once it has had some time to get some used copies on the market. Probably just buy all three at once really.
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 03:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Being bored all day :/

Fernin
Title: Comic Author
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 05:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beach Bum wrote:
No I bought Zelda, Cave Story, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. I really wanted Zelda, heard good things about Cave Story, and Devil Survivor Overclocked was the only turn-based RPG on the system as far as I could tell. Probably pick up Mario Kart once I've had time to play the others for a while, because I'll want to get Harvest Moon: A New Beginning whenever it is released and Pokemon Black or White 2 once it has had some time to get some used copies on the market. Probably just buy all three at once really.

How much did you get Cave Story for? I've had my eye on it since it was released, but I haven't seen it even drop from $40 in most places, $30 in some. That game should've been released at $20 initially, and it's only just barely worth that much.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 05:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fernin wrote:
Beach Bum wrote:

How much did you get Cave Story for? I've had my eye on it since it was released, but I haven't seen it even drop from $40 in most places, $30 in some. That game should've been released at $20 initially, and it's only just barely worth that much.

I picked it up for $31 and some change after tax on Amazon. Was kind of hoping I'd find it cheaper but it came down to getting it or getting Mario Kart and I wanted a series I'd never played before so I wouldn't be buying new games by next week so I just went ahead and got it.

Edit: I got that Swapnote thing, made some ridiculous note, and went to set it to transmit via Streetpass only to find out that it only works with people on your friends list. That kind of disappoints me a little. It would have been hilarious to wander around campus and end up passing out just completely random notes to people. What better way to get new friends than a note that just says "Run It's Godzilla!" in block letters?
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Aug 27 2012 02:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Parking ticket today. I forgot to set up my parking permit this morning because I woke up a little late, was tired, was rushing, etc. and then remembered it as I was getting out of my last class. I start rushing to my car because the last thing I need is a ticket when my finances are already so low. I get there right as the fucking campus officer or whatever he is slaps the ticket under my windshield wipers. I see those rotten pig nosed Nazis going around on their fucking bikes all the time, circling cars in the lot like vultures around a carcass, just waiting to slap a fifty dollar ticket on it for the smallest infraction.

I've never received a ticket for shit. I am thoroughly angered.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Aug 27 2012 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

...don't blame the ticket writers for doing their jobs when the reason you got a ticket is you forgot to do what you were supposed to do. How are they supposed to know your car from the others that don't belong?

Bring the ticket to the parking office with your permit, claim that you just plain forgot this time or that it was in the car and not hanging up or (blatantly lie) and say it was hanging up, and you have a good chance of not having to pay it. At least the first time.
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Aug 27 2012 05:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Was it the first day of school? At my previous school they didn't ticket the first days to give you a chance,
as most people buy the yearly permits, which could only be bought in the school itself (can you even buy those where you go actually?).
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Aug 27 2012 07:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lavalarva wrote:
Was it the first day of school? At my previous school they didn't ticket the first days to give you a chance,
as most people buy the yearly permits, which could only be bought in the school itself (can you even buy those where you go actually?).

Yeah usually you have a week or two to get your parking tags in order. I know my school generally gives you a two week grace period, and even then the cops tend to not write tickets and just leave warnings during the third week as a reminder that you'll be getting fucked by the parking office if you don't pony up the 60 bucks.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Aug 27 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
...don't blame the ticket writers for doing their jobs when the reason you got a ticket is you forgot to do what you were supposed to do. How are they supposed to know your car from the others that don't belong?

Bring the ticket to the parking office with your permit, claim that you just plain forgot this time or that it was in the car and not hanging up or (blatantly lie) and say it was hanging up, and you have a good chance of not having to pay it. At least the first time.

I understand it was my fault, that doesn't make me any less angry about it. I'm mostly over it anyway, I submitted an appeal explaining the situation.

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 05:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My job.

I want to rant about it, but at the same time, I know that could get me in trouble if the wrong people saw it. I was so excited to get it, but it's just been a nightmare ever since.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

Greg the White
PostPosted: Aug 29 2012 12:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Asking for tech help online. I just wanted to know how to separate an image from a white background in GIMP. You think it'd be easy. I had about twenty people in a row tell me to use Photoshop. I fucking know, OK? I just don't have it. I have GIMP, it can do it, but I didn't know how. I don't feel like torrenting Photoshop and waiting for it download just to tickle your neckbearded tech cock.

Went on my World of Tanks clan's teamspeak, asked them, and got an answer. Two minutes later, my problem was solved, and I was done.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Aug 29 2012 05:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thought my 3DS had broken somehow because it flat out refused to connect to the internet all of a sudden today after working all weekend. Turns out that nothing will connect to the router all of a sudden.

Normally I don't even bother to turn the wireless on, in fact it has only been on maybe 3 times since I bought the thing last year. The router is mostly being used to provide a second ethernet port for the PS3 to plug into since the campus only provides one data port in our rooms. Put it under a pretty heavy load on Sunday when I moved the PS3 out to the living room for a bit, which required it to be on the wireless, and started streaming some Amazon Instant Video and then a couple movies off my hard drive via a media server program while also using the 3DS to check my school email and Facebook on the couch. Maybe the power surge that fucked up one of my video cards got the wireless function too and it just took a bit more of a load than just the 3DS to finally break it completely.

Guess I'll be buying a new router this week and perhaps a better surge protector because it is clear this one isn't doing shit. I think this will be the 14th router I've had die on me in roughly the last 10 years or so, at least it didn't melt like the one that ate the lightning bolt when the pole right outside the house in Florida got hit.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: