SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The "this shit pisses me off" thread.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 05:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
I guess i shouldn't care what they think of me. It's one major problem i have, that i get easely upset if someone, even if it is a stranger, thinks bad about me. I'm also not over my ex, what is probably the only reason i'm still at this board...

Eh, fuck her and fuck those assholes on that board too. There's obviously a good reason she's your ex, so don't waste anymore time or emotion on her. Every second that you do is another second that you could be finding another romantic entanglement that has a fifty/fifty chance of working out. Especially if she's getting threads moved so you can't be a part of them, it's obvious that she doesn't have the same amount of courtesy you do to her, so go out and enjoy what life you have remaining instead. And when you're doing that, you'll have stuff to post in the "This Shit Makes Me Happy" thread.

And slap, I hear you! We're at over four here, and it's not going to go down. Ever. Obama's giving reassurances that you'll only have to fill up twice a month by 2025, but that just means the gas will be at least twice as expensive as it is now. There's your fucking change; I can believe in it as I watch it fly out of my pocket.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 05:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
I guess i shouldn't care what they think of me. It's one major problem i have, that i get easely upset if someone, even if it is a stranger, thinks bad about me. I'm also not over my ex, what is probably the only reason i'm still at this board...

Eh, fuck her and fuck those assholes on that board too. There's obviously a good reason she's your ex, so don't waste anymore time or emotion on her. Every second that you do is another second that you could be finding another romantic entanglement that has a fifty/fifty chance of working out. Especially if she's getting threads moved so you can't be a part of them, it's obvious that she doesn't have the same amount of courtesy you do to her, so go out and enjoy what life you have remaining instead. And when you're doing that, you'll have stuff to post in the "This Shit Makes Me Happy" thread.

I'm just so sad and angry at myself and her. There is no escaping these feelings. But i don't wanna bore you with my problems. Nevermind.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Shardea
Title: The Other
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 06:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a lesbian. That doesn't piss me off, but it's relevant to this:

"So... when all is said and done, my feelings are unacceptable simply because God said so?"
"Basically."

...I really detest organized religion... and especially how much people simply trust (and recite) what they're told.

Quote:
<Sehkmaenzo> Just quote someone randomly for a sig, work on it later!

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 06:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

One of the basic needs of the people is to tell right and wrong apart. Whats mostly right to people is that a man and a woman get into a relationship because thats just common and familiar. Unfamiliar is wrong and that is when you come into the game. Just to make it clear, this is not my personal oppinion. Just the way those weirdos feel.

You also make people doubt their point of view. They think, "If i have tolerance for lesbians, my daughter will be one two." and paranoid things like that. They just don't get it.

it was the best of times

aeonic
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 07:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Shardea wrote:

"So... when all is said and done, my feelings are unacceptable simply because God said so?"
"Basically."

...I really detest organized religion... and especially how much people simply trust (and recite) what they're told.

There's a reason I trust in disorganized religion... we don't care what you schtup or what schtups you, just as long as the other parties are consenting and it doesn't hurt anyone (unless, again, they're consenting). You better damn well have a pipe though, or it'll be taken away from you.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

People who think the President can make any meaningful impact on gas prices.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shardea wrote:

"Basically."

All I can say is that as a Roman Catholic who doesn't take everything the Pope says as law, I believe the "God said" and "the Bible said" arguments are quite weak. I believe the commandments and most Biblical stories can generally provide excellent references or explanations to various dilemmas, although I wouldn't put it past some people to manipulate an interpretation into their own personal agenda.

By extension, I don't believe that an anti-x argument made solely on religious grounds provides a well-reasoned or rational basis in most cases. Gut instincts are real, but adults are also expected to back that up with a stronger foundation.
Shardea
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 01:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
All I can say is that as a Roman Catholic who doesn't take everything the Pope says as law, I believe the "God said" and "the Bible said" arguments are quite weak. I believe the commandments and most Biblical stories can generally provide excellent references or explanations to various dilemmas, although I wouldn't put it past some people to manipulate an interpretation into their own personal agenda.

By extension, I don't believe that an anti-x argument made solely on religious grounds provides a well-reasoned or rational basis in most cases. Gut instincts are real, but adults are also expected to back that up with a stronger foundation.

Thank you, Preng. I didn't realize you were religious, but that's a perspective from which I have some respect for religion.
Pity so many other people would rather let their church think for them.

Also, eario: I do understand that, but it still hurts when someone like a parent says something like this.

Quote:

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 01:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that sucks. Your parents should love you regardless.

it was the best of times

Shardea
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 04:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They do. That's the confusing thing. They're able to recognize "sin" without it affecting their personal judgement of the person.
But... there's a difference between loving someone for who they are, and loving someone in spite of who they are.

(Hint: One of those is not "being supportive", like mom claims to be.)

Quote:

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 04:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you should consider giving your oppinion more importance than the oppinion of somebody else.

it was the best of times

Shardea
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 07:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Probably. My counselor says that pretty often.

Quote:

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 07:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose you are a smart person, so don't waste your time with getting upset about the ideas of somebody else. Idiots like me do that. Don't go that way, all you get is grief.

it was the best of times

Stormtrooper2011
Title: Resident Stormtrooper
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 09:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

What pisses me off, is getting my Facebook account disabled for no reason.

He Knows...

Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: Mar 25 2012 02:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Today, I made a domain name for my webserver. However, after paying for it, I discovered that I will have to use remote hosting for it, rather than have it associated with my webserver. Also, hosting is $90 for a year.

Looks like I will have to sell something to do that, since I already spent all of my money on my iPad 3. I'm considering selling my Wii and it's games. (Why not? All that thing does is collect dust)
aeonic
PostPosted: Mar 25 2012 02:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

The skitters. Oh, Wendys, why are you so delicious when you hate me so?

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Mar 27 2012 09:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Losing my cellphone earphones... I've forgotten how my house is virtually a land version of the Bermuda Triangle; leaving something somewhere is as good as dropping it in the ocean... I forgot to take them from the kitchen table yesterday, and now they're just gone. No one in the house has any idea where the fuck they are.

Also phone related, I forgot my phone today at home so I'm stuck without a phone at work today xP
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Captain_Pollution
Title: Hugh
PostPosted: Mar 27 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got mugged last night, which is cool because whatever, I didn't have any money anyway. They took my tuque, though, and as /hilarious/ as I find that to be, I liked that tuque, jerk :(

<Drew_Linky> Well, I've eaten vegetables all of once in my life.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 27 2012 02:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Captain_Pollution wrote:
I got mugged last night, which is cool because whatever, I didn't have any money anyway. They took my tuque, though, and as /hilarious/ as I find that to be, I liked that tuque, jerk Sad

that sucks man

i had to look up what tuque was.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Methid Man
PostPosted: Mar 27 2012 09:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've always called them 'snow hats'. Who the hell calls it a 'tuque' anyway? How do you even pronounce that? I'm sure no one in my neighborhood would even know what I was talking about if I called them 'tuques'.

In fact, I'm gonna chalk that up as another "pisses me off" bit: how some objects have weird names to them, especially if they're french-sounding names.

I'm so irritable today... >.>
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Captain_Pollution
PostPosted: Mar 27 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Valdery and Satsui have both told me tuque is the Canadian word for it. Personally I am /fascinated/ by the weird names people have for things :(

Methid Man
PostPosted: Mar 27 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I see....

Sorry Sad
aeonic
PostPosted: Mar 28 2012 07:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Have an introductory 'meet and greet' with the new company I'm temping for today in six hours. I have not slept yet. I went to bed at ten in the morning yesterday and woke up at one. I cannot find some of the papers I need to take with me and it's a half-hour drive to get there. I'm also jacked up like a meth head on Excedrin because of a migraine. And my wife is not here to give me calm-down sex. Fuuuuu-

Greg the White
PostPosted: Mar 31 2012 03:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

The whole apostrophe debacle in English that's only been a problem for the past few years. If you whine about people who hate the misuse, then congratulations on not knowing how to speak English.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Captain_Pollution
PostPosted: Mar 31 2012 04:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

What apostrophe debacle?

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: