"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Anybody still buy toys?

Reply to topic
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Feb 27 2006 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I do. I call myself a collector, but that's really just so I can justify to myself buying toys at my age. I collect Revenge of Sith Clone Troopers and related materials and also Transformers and a line called Xevoz which is cancelled and little known but freakin' sweet.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Feb 27 2006 06:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I do, but they're usually only figures I deem as "cool". Such as the new Batman. It was actually kind of hard to find "Normal Batman" of the Batman Begins line. Most of them are all screwed up. I also am adding the female counterparts of the Batman/Superman line. Unmasked Batgirl is a pretty cool figure and a new Supergirl comes out of the DC Heroes line in about a month.

I'm still waiting to get a Cobra Commander doll. Then he Scorpion and Quentin Tarantino can party like it's 1987.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 05 2006 08:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As you probably guessed from some of my comics, I do. I basically buy whatever random figures happen to catch my eye. Recently, it's been various figures from the NECA Cult Classics line.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 06 2006 01:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Starting tonight and for all this week, VH1 is doing another "I Love ..." series; "I love Toys."

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Black Zarak
PostPosted: Mar 07 2006 02:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

They are? What time?

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Mar 07 2006 03:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of curious young sex freaks are going to tune in for the first five minutes and be very, very disappointed...

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Jo_thepirate
Title: the Great Bob
PostPosted: Mar 07 2006 03:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

well after the big evil blackknight that my brother gave me as a gift i decided to begin buy that kind of toy (aka Todd Macfarlane's toys)
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Mar 08 2006 02:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I love the "Day in the life of Cobra Commander" segment.

I was struck a little aside with the inclusion of D&D (and relatively low at that) as I regard it as more of a hobby than just a toy.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Mar 08 2006 04:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My room is a complete shrine to anything that contains plastic and has a "Star Wars" logo on it. I also collect whatever horror figures catch my eye (the original McFarlane Movie Maniacs, some of the NECA stuff) and if a new movie is out that has a cool figure line associated with it, I might pick a few up just for kicks.

But yeah, mostly "Star Wars". Everywhere.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I love the "Day in the life of Cobra Commander" segment.

I was struck a little aside with the inclusion of D&D (and relatively low at that) as I regard it as more of a hobby than just a toy.

I thought a lot of the things they included on that list were borderline as far as being toys. I had also stopped considering a lot of things on that list as being toys and see them more as kitchy junk in this day and age. Hullahoop was number one? What is it, the 1920's?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 05:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Going back to Star Wars toys... I saw some action figures at a store that were Star Wars Transformers. They were basically Star Wars vehicles that transformed into robot versions of Star Wars characters. The three I saw were Vader, Obi-Wan, and General Grevious.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Going back to Star Wars toys... I saw some action figures at a store that were Star Wars Transformers. They were basically Star Wars vehicles that transformed into robot versions of Star Wars characters. The three I saw were Vader, Obi-Wan, and General Grevious.

Yup, I bought the Grievous one. He's pretty cool, though the other ones are questionable. There's also a Luke/X-Wing, Maul/Sith Infiltraitor, Anakin/Jedi Starfighter, and Boba Fett/Slave I. There's also a Jango/Slave I in his colors, Palpatine/Imperial Shuttle, Clone Trooper/ARC-170 and Han and Chewie who combine into the Falcon planned.

Some pics:
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2006_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FStar_Wars%2FStar_Wars-Transformers
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=17226
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=17228

narc
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 12:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i collected movie maniacs and alien/ predator stuff. now all we can really afford is the mcfarlane dragons. they're very nice.
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 08:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:

Yup, I bought the Grievous one. He's pretty cool, though the other ones are questionable. There's also a Luke/X-Wing, Maul/Sith Infiltraitor, Anakin/Jedi Starfighter, and Boba Fett/Slave I. There's also a Jango/Slave I in his colors, Palpatine/Imperial Shuttle, Clone Trooper/ARC-170 and Han and Chewie who combine into the Falcon planned.

I picked up the Luke/X-Wing Transformer. The idea is great, but I dunno... the thing literally snapped in half in my hands. I feel like the transformations aren't quite as clear-cut as they should be. I never had any trouble with the real TF figures when I was younger. That being said, I've heard the Grievous/Wheel Bike is awesome and I do want to pick it up.
RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 25 2006 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Recently a Goemon doll( Not Lupin), egg toys, and a couple of Final Fantasy Plush dolls. Yeah that last one might sound crazy but I just don't why I did it myself.
Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Aug 18 2006 03:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
I do. I call myself a collector, but that's really just so I can justify to myself buying toys at my age. I collect Revenge of Sith Clone Troopers and related materials and also Transformers and a line called Xevoz which is cancelled and little known but freakin' sweet.

I recently got into collecting old MegaMan toys. Rather ironic that I could only afford them right when I'm too old to be playing with them.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Aug 18 2006 03:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, at the local CVS, I've seen some of the official figures, two Cut Men, a dark blue and yellow motif Classic Mega Man, and a Command Mission X.

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Aug 18 2006 03:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've seen those too. Right now all I have is Black Zero and Mega Man ZX Zero. What I really want is a Bass or original Mega Man.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Aug 18 2006 01:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bandai needs to stock Gundam toys again. Then I'll buy toys.

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Aug 19 2006 01:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Those were cool toys. I used to have Char's Gelgoog and the complete set of the Gundam's from Stardust memory. It's rather funny how little time it takes for three little kids your mom is baby-sitting totake out your door and royally mess them up.

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Aug 19 2006 01:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would've fucked those kids up! Man, the only Gundam toys I have are a GM Ground Unit MG model kit, a Deluxe Transforming Wing Gundam, and beat-to-shit pieces of a Deathscythe Hell Custom (thanks to my brother).

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Aug 19 2006 03:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

At that point their was little I could've done to them that wouldn't have ended up with me in juvenille untill I was old enough to go to real "Buttpounding" jail. They also wrecked my $200 dollar telescope I had gotten the year my father won a $20,000 dollar lottery in texas.

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Aug 19 2006 04:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Buttpounding" jail?

BWA HA HA HA!

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Aug 19 2006 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, revel in the cheap jokes the scatman provides.

Delition
Title: That guy over there.
PostPosted: Mar 14 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lately I have gotten myself into collecting the "retro" line of Mega Man toys. I'll buy pretty much any toy that is even remotely associated with a video game, or at least that's the way it seems lately. A favorite of mine has always been my "G-Type 2" from Resident Evil 2. It is the one with the eyeball in the arm that you can move by a little nub on the back.

What a wonderfully nerdy way to make my first post. Oh well, at least I'm not a spam bot...or am I? No. No I'm not. Just as irritating, though.

Reply to topic

Jump to: