SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Cinematech: Dear God what have they done?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 28 2005 06:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

If you're like me, occasionally you have nothing better to do than watch G4TV. Lately G4 has been going downhill. The channel is quickly becoming to video games what MTV is to music videos. Last night, Fastlane was on. You know, the short-lived buddy cop show that starred Tiffani-Amber Thiessen as the sexy boss. It ran on Fox for almost a whole season before getting axed. And it has absolutely NO business being on G4.

ImageImage

But enough of that. This specific anti-G4 rant deals with Cinematech. Cinematech was previously one of the most watchable shows on G4, mostly because it didn't have hosts. Unfortunately, some genius decided it would be a good idea to let GameSpot co-produce some episodes. Predictably enough, the first thing GameSpot did was stick some of their obnoxious writers on the show to do commentary. Led by two uncharismatic fat sweaty guys (above), the Gamespot staff has systematically ruined the show. These people have no oratory skills whatsoever; they sound like they're reading off cue cards and they don't emote at all. I'm sorry, but if you can't at least PRETEND that you fucking find Legend of Zelda and Metal Gear exciting then you have no business being on a TV show about video games. There are at least 20,000 people out there who would love to have your jobs and who could do it a lot fucking better. G4 currently doesn't even bother to list the names of these GameSpot fuckheads anywhere on their Cinematech page, so it would seem that even they are ashamed to have these fuckwads on their channel. Or maybe they're ecstatic to have them; Adam "Do I Fucking Have A Neck?" Sessler looks like Johnny Carson by comparison.

As of yet, only four "very special" episodes of Cinematech have been produced with the GameSpot assholes. I hope to God that it reverts back to its classic format once they're done with these.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Aug 28 2005 03:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, Fastlane is the Miami Vice for our generation.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Aug 28 2005 03:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Dude, Fastlane is the Miami Vice for our generation.

Honestly, I have nothing against Fastlane. It was a pretty good show, especially the eps where Jay Mohr was a guest star. But it's out of production and G4 doesn't really gain anything but showing it. It's entertaining enough, but I don't see it as something that would appeal to techies, dorks, and other assorted G4 watchers the way that Dark Angel would. I would like to see Dark Angel go back into production because Jess's good movie to bad movie ratio is about 1:1. Idle Hands and Sin City were pretty kickass, but you could't pay me to sit through Fantastic Four or Honey.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Aug 28 2005 03:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, Fantastic Four was surprisingly good. I had very low hopes for it, but...

A). It didn't piss me off.
B). Doctor Doom won me over and is freakin' hella sweet.
C). Alba didn't suck.
D). "It's clobberin' time!" worked in the film (not the commercials... hmmmm)
E). It was just serious as it was funny. (It's a family friendly Punisher.)
F). There's some really bad physics in this movie, but whenever someone shouts: "Chemistry 101!" it usually means a scientifically proven fact is going to follow.

All in all, I'd say check out F4. It's pretty damn good.

As for Fastlane, yeah, you're right. Except maybe G4 chooses to show it, to show off cool computer editing and special effects... idk, but technically speaking, it's a fanboy show.

Dark Angel: The Movie! : I'm about halfway through season 2. If they ditched the R&B and the bad editing this season has been having, I wouldn't mind another installment. The world and relationships this show has created is pretty damn cool once you get over the unoriginal aspect the show dwelled on in the beginning. Love the mutants. Love them.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Aug 28 2005 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I probably would have seen it, but the Dr. Doom costume really bugged me. I know it would have been damn near impossible to recreate the comic book costume exactly, but the Doom outfit didn't even look as good as the one from the unreleased and unwatchable 1994 Roger Corman production of The Fantastic Four. I'm kinda particular about stuff like that, so I probably won't watch the movie until it's on TNT in another few years. The casting was excellent though.
Tebor
PostPosted: Aug 29 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dude! I just saw the Michael Bower episode of Dark Angel!!!! Oh.... he made me cry!!! That dude deserves Emmys and Academy Awards!!! Seriously, why didn't they make him a regular?

Reply to topic

Jump to: