SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Anyone else pissed that Japanese kids had it way better?

Reply to topic
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Feb 07 2006 06:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While I was looking on a website for what year Laser Battle Beasts came out, I was browsing the "Exclusives & Promos" page and dammit, the Japanese had all sorts of exclusives, give aways, contests where you had to search for things to mail in for a premium and even vending machines that doled out white versions of the figures. Is anyone else annoyed that we never got such options? The Japanese do it with everything too, Transformers had and continue to have such offers for exclusive items. How often do we get options like that? Sure, G.I. Joe had the occasional mail away figure and those catalogs you could order stuff from with flag points, but the exclusive figure offers were rare and the catalogs were just Hasbro trying to move extra product. I would've killed as a kid to be able to pop a quarter into a vending machine and get a new warrior to add to my collection that chances are (maybe) all my friends wouldn't have as well.
narc
PostPosted: Feb 08 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i am somewhat a collector of rare and exotic fish and they do the same thing with fish. if it makes you feel any better, their houses are usually tiny. Very Happy
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 08 2006 01:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You think the Japanese have it so good? Read through this: http://www.outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html. Sure I'd love to visit Japan someday, but I'm sure vending machines with exclusive toys were little solace when for some poor kid who just had one of his friends kancho him. (Seriously, read the link until you find what that word means...it's fucked up)

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Black Zarak
PostPosted: Feb 09 2006 01:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha, oh man. Ok, I amend my statement to be that Japanese kids are lucky to have so many offers as far toys and collecting goes and are not so lucky because of kancho. Who does that? I thought Amercians did stupid shit.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 14 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, Americans do stupid shit. Our stupid shit just doesn't involve anal rape during the early, formative years. The IRS saves that until we're adults.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 28 2006 07:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yup thinking about how my life went if I was in Japan my family would have probably force me to become a Janitor. Still yes Japan and it's wonders is one of the reasons my main priority would be too migrate my family and intergrate into thee culture.

Yes I must Journey to the west Cool
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 28 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 29 2006 12:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anotehr reason why Japan had it better. When we was watching Ncik toons They had School Girls in Sailor Suits. Then Call girls who was allowed to be 16 years old. Then finally even today after the Kagura and Ganguro girls impact you could live in Japan ans walk around as if you was in a model show. Lets not forget about
Akira Fubuki and other Models before AV was ordinary. Hotels just like in a game where you can stay the night and sex hotels for husbens who are allowed to do so.
ANother thing is if somebody did get rape the motto was to enjoy it and they even had magazines where to find these girls who likes to get felt up. Then lets not forget about the figures and cute dolls.

I mean What di we have like that. Nothing more important most of us barely had anything and saying the word sex here is like saying "I will kill the president and burn my school down after I rape Mrs Robinson" outloud. Also in my life I barely sawed any beauties. I mean rightnow I could close my eyes and see every single girl I tought was great looking and all but when you get down to it you never really had to do that in Japan since most girls was fine like that. Even the thick skined ones.

They had better funbags then us that was well taken care of. We had spanish women and I at least was sourounded by West Indian Beauties. I am not kidding there Funbags was more open and probably gave real support rather then making us work our behinds off playing rael boxxel just to realize we wasted our time on them.

Whne was the last time a girl lied on your back and was used as a back ajuster and looked good enough to call her whatever came out of her womb yours without considering side effects.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 01 2006 02:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How did we go from gaming swag and other cool stuff like that to quality of women by country? Also, what's wrong with just calling them "breasts?" honestly I haven't heard the term "funbags" since high school.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 12 2006 04:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

"titties" works fine for me.

Mjcool
PostPosted: Jun 19 2006 01:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

What else is new?

Japanese students get to wear badass uniforms:

Japanese gamers got to play Legend of Zelda...IN REAL TIME.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Kodai_no_Sekiban

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS_Zelda
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Aug 04 2006 06:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
When we was watching Ncik toons[sic] They had School Girls in Sailor Suits.

Seriously. (Please note that our version of Sailor Moon was butchered and censored to the point of crappiness.)

Quote:
saying the word sex here is like saying "I will kill the president and burn my school down after I rape Mrs Robinson" outloud.

Preach. brother!

Over here, why are people so ashamed of their bodies? If that Super Bowl shit happened over there, they wouldn't even care.

Quote:
ANother thing is if somebody did get rape the motto was to enjoy it and they even had magazines where to find these girls who likes to get felt up.

You would be raped with joy.

And let's not forget the ever popular fact that they have a larger videogame market than us (3/4ths of my Bomberman library consists of titles that are only released in Japan)

They have the best of our TV shows too, such as The Simpsons and South Park,

Also as stated, their girls.. Not one of them ain't sexy!

I once lived in Japan for 2 years. I had the best experience of my life, and I never wanted to leave, partly because the culture's so insane.

Oh yeah, and over here my mom's like to my sister, "Don't have sex until you get married" Over there their probably like "Not 'til your 16"

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Aug 04 2006 08:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Why are we bringing up old Regal posts?

Mr. Bomberman wrote:
Quote:
When we was watching Ncik toons[sic] They had School Girls in Sailor Suits.

Seriously. (Please note that our version of Sailor Moon was butchered and censored to the point of crappiness.)

I really don't understand the whole school girl uniform fetish... Nor why we must describe them using Sailor Moon. Technically, the uniforms came first and they were hardly the short skirt, bow tie outfits the scouts had.

Mr. Bomberman wrote:
Quote:
saying the word sex here is like saying "I will kill the president and burn my school down after I rape Mrs Robinson" outloud.

Preach. brother!

Over here, why are people so ashamed of their bodies? If that Super Bowl shit happened over there, they wouldn't even care.

It's touchy. I think we all know it. We all know people who are very sexually open minded and people who are closed minded. There's a standard that we have to keep up and that's why those in power need to enforce it. There's plenty of activities here in America to get your fix for human "bodies".

Mr. Bomberman wrote:
And let's not forget the ever popular fact that they have a larger videogame market than us (3/4ths of my Bomberman library consists of titles that are only released in Japan)

They have the best of our TV shows too, such as The Simpsons and South Park,

Also as stated, their girls.. Not one of them ain't sexy!

I once lived in Japan for 2 years. I had the best experience of my life, and I never wanted to leave, partly because the culture's so insane.

Oh yeah, and over here my mom's like to my sister, "Don't have sex until you get married" Over there their probably like "Not 'til your 16"

Oy... Go America! Not that I'm against my roots or anything...

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 10 2006 08:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

well if it makes you feel any better, millions of japanese kdis were obliterated when we bombed hiroshima and stuff, so Iguess american kids had all the luck back then.

Kojjiro the Angry
Title: Scientist
PostPosted: Jan 25 2007 03:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If I ever go to japan I wont buy a cheap hooker, clothes, expensive foods:
I will buy toys and only toys

KEVIN MASK WRESTLING ARMY

Chrisby
PostPosted: Jan 25 2007 08:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh okay.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jan 26 2007 12:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
well if it makes you feel any better, millions of japanese kdis were obliterated when we bombed hiroshima and stuff, so Iguess american kids had all the luck back then.

Quiet you! ::slap::

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 26 2007 02:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

while you're at it, tell me the holocoust didn't happen.

UltimateFierce
Title: Nippon Yankee
PostPosted: Jan 26 2007 04:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Bomberman wrote:

Insane?? And you peapole wonder why the fuck Japanese had it better Laughing

Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jan 26 2007 01:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:

Yeah, because that has any sort of connection to what we're talking about. You got slapped because you brought up something unrelated to the topic that obviously doesn't apply, no shit lots of Japanese people including kids were killed in Hiroshima and whatnot, but guess what? We were talking about how they got better toys than us in the 80's, not that they had it better at everything since the beginning of time ever and nothing bad ever happened to Japanese kids.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Jan 26 2007 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
JEW wrote:

Yeah, because that has any sort of connection to what we're talking about. You got slapped because you brought up something unrelated to the topic that obviously doesn't apply, no shit lots of Japanese people including kids were killed in Hiroshima and whatnot, but guess what? We were talking about how they got better toys than us in the 80's, not that they had it better at everything since the beginning of time ever and nothing bad ever happened to Japanese kids.

If you read Gaijin Smash, you'll see that they're still mad about that shit.

And Zarak, you mean better toys than us on the 80's, 90's, and today.

Back on topic.

You know where you see one dispenser in the supermarket, laundromat, etc? and you only had a choice of 4 (cheaply made) toys?

This is how much choices you'd have in Japan.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

UltimateFierce
Title: Nippon Yankee
PostPosted: Jan 26 2007 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Bomberman wrote:
If you read Gaijin Smash, you'll see that they're still mad about that shit.

And Zarak, you mean better toys than us on the 80's, 90's, and today.

Back on topic.

You know where you see one dispenser in the supermarket, laundromat, etc? and you only had a choice of 4 (cheaply made) toys?

This is how much choices you'd have in Japan.

Hrrrmmm... Déjà vu...

Chrisby
PostPosted: Jan 26 2007 04:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that's pretty insane.
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: Jan 28 2007 06:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy fuck! Gundam toys for $50 cents! (200 yen, I guess)!

Morphine Jim
Title: A True Gentleman
PostPosted: Jan 28 2007 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Aaah, Japan, land of racism, pedophilia and good toys.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: