"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
a halariously bad comparison.

Reply to topic
B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Jun 19 2007 09:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

I happened to flip on MTV canada this morning for lack of better things to watch, and My chemical romance (perhaps one of the most pretentious mainstream bands of the 00's, not to mention absolutely terrible, and only getting worse as time passes) were being interviewed.

Right of the bat, they began comparing themselves to The smashing pumpkins and radiohead.

I woke up a few minutes later, out of breath and light headed, to find him still comparing their new "concept album" to 'Kid A' and 'The infinite sadness.'

Am I the only one who thinks that this is by far one of the worst musical comparisons ever, not to mention light years lamer since it was delivered by the BAND ITSELF?

"oh well yeah my new album sounds just like Tool and Dilute and Hella. genre? well,i'd like to think we're 'techno pop' with southern country influences. "

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 19 2007 09:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

All I have to say is, Ugh.
B.B.King
PostPosted: Jun 19 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.
Seriously, I hate the idea of "emo" seeing as (ironically) it was created to classify music that is overly emotional, but I believe that all art is strongly emotional, otherwise It would not exist in the first place, therefore everything qualifies as "emo" just the same as everything qualifies as "prog" ( I mean,how can anything you put time,effort and heart into not be progressive,at least to you?)

however,recently EMO has sprouted legs and defined itself as something easily classified, and sprouted off into little subgenres like 'xcore' and 'emocore' and whatever else the kids can think up to classify their incredibly bland music. My chemical romance is a fine example of this 'genre' at it's absolute worst, and for them to even think that they are in the same league as Smashing pumpkins, or radiohead, is absolutely fucking absurd.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 19 2007 10:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have no real problem with MCR's music, but any time a band tries to compare themselves or their album to a well-respected band or album, they come off as stupid and self-important.

Remember when Oasis compared themselves to the Beatles?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
B.B.King
PostPosted: Jun 19 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but even that wasn't as far off target as this bloody comparison is.

remember when the beatles compared themselves to jesus?

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 19 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

B.B.King wrote:
remember when the beatles compared themselves to jesus?

To be fair, John Lennon was The Christ.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Jun 19 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

this is just the kind of shit i hate. id go off on a big rant but im sleepy

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Chrisby
PostPosted: Jun 20 2007 05:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bunch of hacks they are.
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Jun 20 2007 05:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Svetlana couldn't even compare himself to John Lennon comparing himself to Jesus.

Reply to topic

Jump to: