"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Spy Moths?

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 31 2007 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The government, specifically the Defense Advanced Projects Research Agency, or DARPA, is creating spy moths. These moths will be created from the pupas of actual moths with technology grown into their bodies as they get larger. Then, the moths will be able to be controlled and report back information with tiny microphones in their bodies.

This is the most terrifying thing we've seen in years.

Spy moths will be used to gather information in places that have been impossible or inconvenient to bug until now. Of course, actual bugs with technology in them will be harder to discover than the old ones. These moths will allow spy missions to get deeper and less dangerous than ever before. And yet, it's still scary as hell.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 31 2007 07:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, it's just like the cockroach that Zorg's henchman used in The 5th Element. Sweet.

Now, terrorists and foriegn spies everywhere will have to include Raid in their kits.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: May 31 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I killed a bird sized moth in my apartment before I swore it was a bat til I kit it out of the air and I swear I heard some sort of mini muffled explosion. That fuckers eyes in the dark still haunt me...

J.J.S.
PostPosted: Jun 01 2007 02:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'll have to invest in some moth balls and move my secret headquarters to a location that isn't a closet.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 01 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was sharing this idea with a friend of mine, positing something similar with kids raised to be adopted by enemy nations as sleeper agents.

Her responce: "China'ld have their eyes everywhere"

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: