[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Tool-assisted Speedruns

Reply to topic
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jan 13 2006 08:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://bisqwit.iki.fi/nesvideos/

This website is an archive of tool-assisted speedruns on old school games like contra, mario, etc. They have some newer stuff like GBA runs as well. All the files are available for download by torrent, if you have good bandwidth, or you can usually download the emulator's movie file which is infinitely smaller and re-creates the movie through recorded inputs (obviously you'll need to download the emulator and roms to watch them that way, but the quality is much perfect and the filesize is way smaller on the download).

This website uses torrents to download the movie files, so I reccomend a good torrent program such as Azereus.

I reccomend the 9 minute Contra run, 10 minute Mario 3 run, the Megaman 2 run and the 9 minute River City Ransom run. There are many other great movies too, check the page out.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jan 14 2006 01:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The whole tool-assisted thing kind of kills it for me. I mean I could could do similar things with emulators, but teh trick is doing them without it. That's just my thought. That reminds me of part of a video I saw for Mario 64 in 16 minutes. I want to say no tools were involved, but I can't remember.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6493722340610946105

That's for the Mario video. I can't get it running on this computer so I can't tell anything other than from what I saw before. It was neat as Hell though.

RIP Hacker.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jan 14 2006 06:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, it does kill it, but still, it's kinda cool to see how insane it can get with perfect relflexes. It's funny to just sit there and go holy fuck wow on some of them.
Reply to topic

Jump to: