[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Comics movie news thread

Reply to topic
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Aug 03 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
WB is still planning to bring their DC superheroes together for a "Justice League" movie at some point in the future.

This is all I wanted in the first place.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Aug 04 2011 09:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

weird ass looking suit imo.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Aug 04 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The S should be BIGGER.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

username
PostPosted: Aug 04 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

its the kevlar look to it, actually

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 19 2011 08:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the synopsis for Superman: Man of Steel

wrote:
“In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone’s imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question – Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.”

The first sentence fucking states he's one of the most recognized superheroes of all time, yet they're still going to do the origin story again.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

username
PostPosted: Aug 20 2011 03:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

the guys behind the crank movie are directing the sequel. looks like he kicks more ass in this movie

Klimbatize wrote:

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Aug 20 2011 03:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

At first glance I thought superman was William Dafoe. He looks weird and not just the suit.

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Aug 20 2011 05:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
lordsathien wrote:
WB is still planning to bring their DC superheroes together for a "Justice League" movie at some point in the future.

This is all I wanted in the first place.

I bet they fuck it up, too.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Aug 21 2011 09:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
At first glance I thought superman was William Dafoe. He looks weird and not just the suit.

That would be like Kevin Spacey as Spiderman. Plain wrong. But i see the similaritys to Dafoe.
Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Aug 22 2011 11:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, the new Ghost Rider actually looks pretty sick.

In regards to Superman, I was a big fan of what Snyder was able to do with the Watchmen, so I will reserve judgement until I at least see an actual trailer.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Sep 08 2011 07:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of photos and even some youtube clips from the latest filming of The Avengers here: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/62499459.html including this nice shot (I'm wondering if Hawkeye's actor is in character here):

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Sep 13 2011 03:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wanna fuck Scarlett Johannson.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Sep 13 2011 05:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's kinda sad that Hawkeye is the least important of the avengers, but is played by the best actor of the lot of them.
Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Sep 15 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hawkeye is my favorite.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Sep 23 2011 04:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Entertainment Weekly has some news about Thor 2 in 2013:

After satisfying comic-book nerds and earning an impressive $449 million worldwide, Marvel is aiming to release a sequel in 2013. Eh, Marvel wants to strike while the irons hot, or should I say…strike while the hammers hot (worked on that lame joke all day). News on the sequel has started thundering in (sorry, I’m a sucker for bad puns).

Earlier today we reported that Monster director Patty Jenkins is in the running to helm the sequel. EW reached out to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige for comment, and he spilled a bit of what we might be seeing in the character’s next adventure.

Kevin Feige told EW:

“[We're going to] take Thor literally to other worlds. … [It will] primarily be the journey of that character, of he and Jane Foster and how the new dynamic with his father is working out, as well as what are the broader stakes for The Nine Worlds.”

The most boring part of Thor 1 was all his interaction with Jane Foster and Earth… so the idea of exploring The Nine Worlds is a great step in the right direction.

The other six worlds include:

-Alfheim: Land of the Light Elves
-Hel: Land of the dead
-Muspelheim: Land of the demons
-Nidavellir: Home of the dwarves
-Svartalfheim: Land of the Dark Elves
-Vanaheim: Land of the Vanir, a “sister race” of the Asgardians.

Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: Sep 24 2011 01:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

When I saw the Marmaduke movie in the store, I felt like disfiguring myself with a butter knife. I mean, how can ANYONE have thought this was a good idea? Just looking at the box:

1) It's based on a sloppily drawn, unfunny newspaper comic.
2) The dog is wearing sunglasses on the front cover.
3) Owen Wilson is listed as the dog's voice actor, meaning the dog TALKS (could say how this is inaccurate to the comic, but screw it).
4) There is a smug cat on the front cover (which was not in the comics at all).
5) The cat is ALSO wearing sunglasses.
6) The cat is voiced by George f**king Lopez.

This is like an anti-movie. It's a shame that DVD and iTunes and bitTorrent makes losing a film impossible, because I would gladly pay all the travel and lighter fluid expenses in order to see all copies of this movie BURNED.

I am not kidding at all. Crap like this makes me yearn for the day when humans will be taken over by robots; I would very much like my brain put into a non-humanoid shell and my personality suppressed.

Yes, I actually would voluntarily join the Cybermen if they invaded.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Sep 30 2011 06:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

From mtv's splashpage:

Kevin Conroy (Batman), Michael Rosenbaum (Flash), Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman) and Carl Lumbly (J’onn J’onzz/Martian Manhunter) will all be reprising their roles in a new DC Universe animated movie, “Justice League: Doom.” Joining the original group will be Tim Daly, the voice of Superman, and Nathan Fillion, in his new gig as the animated Green Lantern (first seen in the recent release “Green Lantern: Emerald Nights”).

“Justice League: Doom” is the final script from the late Dwayne McDuffie (“All-Star Superman” and “Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths”). It’s due from Warner Home Video next year, but early birds can catch a trailer at New York Comic Con on October 14th.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 19 2011 04:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

And now we have a trailer to go with Justice League: Doom

username
PostPosted: Nov 21 2011 09:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

interview w/Nolan on DKR
http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=32527
Quote:
You've seen the new Empire covers with Batman and Bane, but here's a sneak peek at some of the news on The Dark Knight Rises inside the magazine. Specifically, Nolan himself gives away a few tidbits on the film's plot and setting, and Tom Hardy talks about Bane.

Let's hear from director Christopher Nolan first, and see what he'll divulge about the film. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight. So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state.

"With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

more at the link

8 years later... i wonder how they will summarize those eight years, or if they will even bother.

Klimbatize wrote:

Cattivo
PostPosted: Nov 22 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, such a length of time is a little surprising. I guess because Nolan & Bale aren't returning, they want to give the series a sort of resolution, so no more "early" Batman. Not sure I agree with the decision, but I trust Nolan. I didn't think Ledger would be good, but I was definitely wrong about that. Hopefully I'm wrong about Hathaway too...
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 22 2011 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
8 years later...

Dammit, now his voice will be even deeper and scruffier.

Mr. Magog
Title: Swell Individual
PostPosted: Dec 10 2011 03:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone heard any news about the Y: The Last Man movie? Last I heard they were disagreeing on whether to make it a trilogy or just one movie. Also, Shia Lebouf turned it down because he said, after he read the script they had, that Yorick was too similar to his character in Transformers. In other words, the last I heard about it sounded like it was going to be terrible.

"Airports, hospitals, McDonald's Playland, I don't care where it's taking place. If I'm having a good time, they will die."--sidewaydriver

Milhouse
PostPosted: Dec 16 2011 09:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

I saw a trailer for the new Batman movie. Listen: I don't want to call Bruce Wayne careless, but if you're trying to hide your secret identity, you can't be seen coming out of Chipotle telling your chauffeur to step on it because you have to "take a guano"...
Jack Slater
Title: Friendly Felon
PostPosted: Dec 16 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Milhouse wrote:
I saw a trailer for the new Batman movie. Listen: I don't want to call Bruce Wayne careless, but if you're trying to hide your secret identity, you can't be seen coming out of Chipotle telling your chauffeur to step on it because you have to "take a guano"...

That line would fit in perfectly with a Joel Schumacher film.

Cause that's how I roll bounce.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Dec 16 2011 01:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Magog wrote:
Has anyone heard any news about the Y: The Last Man movie? Last I heard they were disagreeing on whether to make it a trilogy or just one movie. Also, Shia Lebouf turned it down because he said, after he read the script they had, that Yorick was too similar to his character in Transformers. In other words, the last I heard about it sounded like it was going to be terrible.

Didn't know it was being made, but the fact that Shia was the first choice and even he bitched about the script scares me.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Reply to topic

Jump to: