"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Comics movie news thread

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 02 2007 12:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jon Favreau has updated his Iron Man blog and in the process cleared the air about talk of the Iron Man suit. Here's his posting, which also mentions where things stand now:

"Let me confirm a few things: The movie will contain both the gray suit and the gold and red. The light you see in the photo on Robert's chest in the USA Today article is the chest piece glowing through his shirt. He is in captivity and forging the mask of the Mark 1.

Both suits have been built practically by Winston Studios and are busily at work as we speak. We are exploring ideas for teaser trailers, though no date has been decided. We are planning to attend San Diego Comicon. Bridges is bald and plays Stane. The movie is on schedule and could not be going better.

I just got back in town. The company has been on the road for many weeks. We started off in the mountains of Lone Pine which doubled for Afghanistan. We then moved to Edwards Air Force Base. We finally closed out the out of town work with Fontana, CA."

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: May 02 2007 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, don't you guys know anything about Iron Man? That suit is the one he builds in Vietnamese prison camp from scrap metal. Or at least, that's where he built it in the comics, now he'll probably build it to escape from Al Qaida or something retarded.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 02 2007 09:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

And it's powered by transistors. Cool
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: May 02 2007 04:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Iron Man Suit. Powered by RCA.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 02 2007 06:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Guillermo Del Toro must really like Luke Goss. Consider that he's tapped Goss to be the villain in Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, after directing him as the villain in Blade II. Goss, who was once a member of British boy band Bros, will portray Prince Nuada, who walks among this world and the underworld, and who will awaken a whole legion of baddies for Hellboy to fight.

Goss will join Hellboy himself, Ron Perlman, as well as hottie Selma Blair and former Frasier star David Hyde-Pierce in the film, which will begin shooting in June. Hellboy 2: The Golden Army is scheduled to be released in theaters on August 1st, 2008.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 03 2007 01:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
David Hyde-Pierce

So he is returning. I heard that Doug Jones would be replacing him completely. Glad to see that continuity overtakes loyalty.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Kojjiro the Angry
Title: Scientist
PostPosted: May 05 2007 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

My god. It's like they grabbed Tony Stark right out of the comic books and dropped him into real life

KEVIN MASK WRESTLING ARMY

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 05 2007 06:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys, thats the old iron man suit, that he wore to escape vietnam.

the real suit is here:

no, I'm kidding. that's an unused idea that they had tossing around. the real ones are as follows:

and here's tony stark:

not bad if I do say so myself

and we all know mandarin is hte villan, right? word is that he wont be the mandarin like in the comics though.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 06 2007 01:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 09 2007 01:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tim Story, the director of the not bad, but less than great Fantastic Four and the speculatively incredible sequel is one clever director of a fan boy. We were just too caught up with rumors about Galactus being a storm cloud to recognize it.
He might just be using the success of the Fantastic Four franchise as a springboard to help bring another prominent character to the big screen, T’challa, the King of Wakanda, also known as the Black Panther.

"I’ve got to tell you, to get the ‘Fantastic Four’ and turn it into a franchise, the first thing I thought was, ‘Will I get the Silver Surfer’? Or someone like Black Panther, who was introduced in their book, get Djimon Hounsou and go do it?’ But there are so many other great villains and stories - I feel like I hit the jackpot"

That’s not a confirmation of a Black Panther film, or even a solid confirmation that he will appear in the next FF4 flick, but with Story working behind the scenes there’s still hope for a Black Panther movie and before you start doubting the character’s potential, get learned.

T’challa has proven a near even match for the Fantastic Four in combat, served as defender and ruler of one of the Marvel U’s most powerful sovereign nations and stood on even footing with men the likes of Tony Stark and Professor Xavier.

Done right, a movie with him at the center could rock harder than Wakanda’s Vibranium mines. If someone can take what was essentially a cast off, Blaxploitation character like Blade and make a good movie or three, they can work wonders with the Black Panther.

Tebor
PostPosted: May 09 2007 01:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I thought Wesley Snipes owned those rights.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 11 2007 03:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dwayne Johnson, who you will all remember as The Rock, is up for the title role in Shazam! It is expected that Rocky will play Captain Marvel, the outpouring of Billy Batson's superego, who appears when the teenager shouts out 'Shazam!' Johnson confirmed that he's been approached by Peter Segal, the film's director, about playing the part, and he's very interested in doing it.

We can see it now. The thunderclap, the smoke clears, and The Rock is standing there, clad in red and gold, cape blowing in the breeze. He cocks the famous eyebrow, and bellows, 'Finally...the Captain Marvel has come back from the negative zone!' And then he rock bottoms some villain. It'll be awesome.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 11 2007 03:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ok wow.

jsut because a character is important to comics doesn't mean the'll be interesting enough to have a whole movie about them. next we'll have a may parker movie. It's a simple fact that comics are the hot topic now, and everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon with whatever they can get their hands on to strike while the irons hot.

blade is a MUCH more interesting character than black panther, and hardly a blaxploitation character.

Luke Cage (Power Man to the old school)... now sweet christmas, THAT'S a blaxploitation character.

also, blade trinity sucked.

Tebor
PostPosted: May 11 2007 07:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will only see Shazam! happily if Stephen Sommers directs.

Yes, I'll go no matter what, but I'll be angry if anyone else does it.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 15 2007 02:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DC’s tough as nails Nazi killer, Sgt. Rock is finally going from the Silver Age to silver screen thanks in no small part to Dark Castle Entertainment. The movie, written by John Cox is moving forward and according to Dark Castle’s Vice President, David Gambino, Cox’s treatment is “fantastic and everybody's really happy with it.”

“We're living in times now where people are questioning whether or not we should be in Iraq, and I think World War II was the last war where it was pretty clean-cut who was the good guy and who was the bad guy. I think audiences still love that, they still love going back to that era where the politics of the time were very clear as to who we wouldn't want to take out and who were the heroes. And Sgt. Rock tries to capture some of that."

It’ll be good to go see a war movie this decade that doesn’t make you think about complex moral and ethical issues.

=======================================================================

David Boreanaz a.k.a. Angel from the Buffy-verse may be walking (or swimming) a mile in the sandals of Marvel’s Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

Universal Pictures and director Jonathan Mostow (U-571, Terminator 3) are making a movie based on the Sub-Mariner’s exploits and its rumored that Boreanaz recently auditioned for the title role.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 17 2007 01:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thomas Jane is the Punisher no more. In a recent interview, Jane, who seems to be a genuine fan of the one man army, Frank Castle revealed that he would not star in the sequel to 2004’s Punisher.

"I regretfully and painfully had to pull out of P2. I can't tell you how completely broken up I am about it. Punisher fans are already fighting an uphill battle as it is. And I've always felt a responsibility to fight that fight for them and with them so that Frank Castle gets the treatment he deserves.

What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in. I've always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, I'll continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch."

Now, that’s a man who respects the source material! We need more guys like Thomas Jane in Hollywood willing to stand up and do right by the creators and the fans even if that sometimes means walking away.

Cattivo
PostPosted: May 17 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's a shame. He was one of the few enjoyable aspects of the first movie.

I'm waiting to find it for five bucks before I buy it.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 17 2007 06:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just heard about Jane and his complaints of the new film. Things do indeed look bleak for the man with the guns... Sad

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 17 2007 07:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe with enough bitching from the fans, and the realization that their star who belives so much in the source material, will come to their senses and ask for a redraft of the script and try to get Jane back.

I really enjoyed Jane's Punisher, and would be much more apt to see the sequel if he reprised the role.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 17 2007 08:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

the namor movie makes my point about stiking while the iron's hot.

the sgt. rock movie sounds great. I used to love his comics when I was a kid. I even have an action figure of him.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 18 2007 09:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Guess they'll just have to hire Dolph again.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 18 2007 01:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
Guess they'll just have to hire Dolph again.

I'd be up for it, but he won't do it unless he gets to direct... which I'd be totally up for. Very Happy

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 18 2007 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The man who played Batmanuel in the Live Action version of The Tick will be in The Dark Knight.

Tebor
PostPosted: May 18 2007 07:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
The man who played Batmanuel in the Live Action version of The Tick will be in The Dark Knight.

As the mayor... And let's give him a little more credit. He was The Plague in Smokin' Aces and the elusive Richard on Lost; both are better performances than the horny would be Die Fledermaus (back to repression that memory goes).

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 21 2007 04:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And this ladies and gentlemen, is Heath Ledger's Joker. Discuss.

Reply to topic

Jump to: