SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Lexiabot9000 Lives Again!! Come Join our Discord Channel!

Reply to topic
Crazy_Bastard
Title: CeeBee
PostPosted: Aug 01 2022 09:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there fellow Sydlexians, I hope life has been treating you well!

I'd like to take a moment to say that I miss our little community. I've been increasingly active on our Discord server as of late for this reason and have been imploring our community members to join. Fortunately we have a pretty strong core team of lurkers and occasional chatters, and we've been fortunate enough to see our one and only boneur connoisseur, docinsano, poke his head back in after some time! Discord is super easy to install on your phone and idle, even if you don't plan to be super active, so I ask that in the effort of preserving our community, you join our Discord server using this link!

With that being said, one of the cornerstones of our original IRC channel was LexiaBot9000. Discord is fantastic - I remember always wanting to be able to carry around IRC access in my pocket for years, with most android clients being too finicky or unwieldy. But it's just not the same without Lexiabot9000 - the trivia, the in-jokes, !hangman, !timebomb, the jukebox, !define, and so much more.

So I'm taking it upon myself to do what I can to dust off our faithful chatbot and revive her for the modern era! I have booted up Lexiabot9000 on our original Darkmyst IRC channel. I've made use of another program to act as a relay between IRC and Discord - effectively passing our messages between Lexiabot900 and ourselves with an intermediary bot.

Many of the functionalities of Lexiabot9000 function, albeit in a soemwhat diminished capacity. Obviously kick commands don't work (And probably never will) and point ranking is wonky at the moment. But the bones are there and we've been having a blast playing around. I plan to devote a little time every week to trying to learn the mIRC scripting language, because with a little finagling I think I can get point ranking and other features probably working. In the meantime, you can help by redefining old definitions with dead links, notifying me if you come across defunct Youtube links in our jukebox, and general bug reporting in this thread. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if the bot is down too - I can get her running again with a moment's notice! Down the line, I plan to add a jokes feature at Syd's request. In fact, this might be my first projects as it seems like a low hanging fruit!

As a refresher on Lexiabot9000's commands, I wanted to drop the link to the list of commands on the Sydapedia too.

Have fun folks, and let's keep our community's heart beating!
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Aug 01 2022 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Aww that's so awesome! That really does make the Discord feel a little more like home doesn't it?

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Reply to topic

Jump to: