[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Fire Emblem 1 on NES- officially translated by Nintendo

Reply to topic
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Oct 26 2020 10:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's coming out in December for $6.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 26 2020 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is cool, but I doubt I'll play it. I bounced hard off of Shadow Dragon for the DS ( a remake of Fire Emblem 1).

My dream would be this doing well enough for them to release an official translation of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War for the SNES.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 20 2020 03:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
This is cool, but I doubt I'll play it. I bounced hard off of Shadow Dragon for the DS ( a remake of Fire Emblem 1).

Exact samesies, actually. I've emulated a fan translation of the original Fire Emblem and owned Shadow Dragon at one point, and unfortunately I don't think either have aged well at all (Shadow Dragon was already aged poorly upon initial release, so that doesn't help).

Not to sound like a broken record, but I also don't see the point of this when fans are still asking for an official translation of Mother 3 and I have yet to hear of anyone actually asking for this.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Dec 01 2020 08:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

I find it more and more disappointing that Nintendo just announces stuff like this, a 30 year old game no one was asking for, while Xbox and PS5 are throwing out some amazing stuff, real blockbuster games like Demons Souls Remake.

The new console generation kinda puts the Switch to shame and it's lack of new and original Nintendo games.
I mean the Switch is doing so well, Nintedo can afford to not care at all, but there isn't really going much on on the Switch if it weren't for Indie/3rd Party games.

BotW 2 is somewhere on the horizon, but besides that, there is literally not a single Nintendo game to look forward too, wich is kind of a shame, considering how many awesome IP's they have established (Earthbound, F-Zero, Starfox, Mario, Donkey Kong etc).

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 01 2020 04:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I find it more and more disappointing that Nintendo just announces stuff like this, a 30 year old game no one was asking for, while Xbox and PS5 are throwing out some amazing stuff, real blockbuster games like Demons Souls Remake.

The new console generation kinda puts the Switch to shame and it's lack of new and original Nintendo games.
I mean the Switch is doing so well, Nintedo can afford to not care at all, but there isn't really going much on on the Switch if it weren't for Indie/3rd Party games.

BotW 2 is somewhere on the horizon, but besides that, there is literally not a single Nintendo game to look forward too, wich is kind of a shame, considering how many awesome IP's they have established (Earthbound, F-Zero, Starfox, Mario, Donkey Kong etc).

Nintendo does good things sometimes, including the recent Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. They did have a system update that improves some of the features of the console: https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/30/21754584/nintendo-switch-update-11-screenshot-video-sharing-phone-pc

It does suck though when Nintendo doesn't get the cool games and console features that other platforms do. This is why I'll never be exclusively a Nintendo gamer.

DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Dec 10 2020 06:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

I never cared for Pikmin, maybe i am missing out, idk, but it's again just a remaster.
That's one of things that are starting to bother me, they treat their little remasters like they are a major thing and fans are even buying into that because, well, what are you gonna do about it.

There are no original Nintendo games to play anyways.
And, don't get me wrong, i like it when they are re-releasing some older stuff but its not enough to justify a console for me.

Hyrule Warriors...ugh...i didn't really like the story of BotW. The whole, "hey it's a mecha anime now", did really turn me off, most characters are boring too.
I loved playing BotW, it's one of the best Zelda games...but not because of the story.

AoC is, and it may sound harsh, just some lore fodder to me, to keep people busy and hyped until the real deal (BotW 2) will come out.
Also, hack and slash games just bore me. I don't really like them.

They basically recycled every little sprite they had from BotW into a "new" game.
Doesn't feel all that new to me though.
If you look critical (or cynical even) at the game, you may even say it's a cheap cashgrab move Nintendo is doing there, milking the "Zelda Hype" with as little as much afford as possible.

It's by no means a game of the caliber of a BotW or Mario Odyssee game. Who are both really really good original Nintendo games.
And i want more of exactly that.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: