"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Coronavirus

Reply to topic
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Sep 19 2020 06:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got sick with it way back in late March. Felt like shit with a really bad fever for a couple of days. Despite quarantining myself in my bedroom for more than a week, my parents and one of my brothers ended up getting infected too...it's extremely contagious; they're not kidding about the social distancing stuff. Thankfully, no one was hospitalized and everyone was able to recover.

RIP Hacker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Sep 20 2020 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Glad everyone in your family pulled through.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Sep 21 2020 02:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Methid Man wrote:
I got sick with it way back in late March. Felt like shit with a really bad fever for a couple of days. Despite quarantining myself in my bedroom for more than a week, my parents and one of my brothers ended up getting infected too...it's extremely contagious; they're not kidding about the social distancing stuff. Thankfully, no one was hospitalized and everyone was able to recover.

I'm glad you and your family are doing better.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jul 07 2021 07:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got this back in November.

I didn't actually feel too bad, just a little groggy since I'd been putting in a lot of hours at the office, so I figured I was just tired. Besides, I was masking and trying to stay socially distant.

Anyways, me and the girlfriend decided to take a small trip from Iowa to Mississippi, since she'd never been. We didn't really plan much, but figured since we had the time available, to take advantage.

Once we arrived, I noticed a missed call from my boss. He mentioned that we had a positive case in the office location that I managed. From that, I decided to immediately get tested and spent the remainder of the night in the hotel looking for immediate result testing.

The next morning, I go into the clinic I set an appointment for, but weirdly it was still first come first serve. I had gotten there at a little after 8 am and was told to take a number. They said they would call me when I was ready. I didn't want to venture out since I didn't want to potentially lose my place, plus I had checked out of the hotel, so I decided to just wait in the parking lot

Around 3 pm I finally get the call. They take me in and stick those probes about 8 inches up my nostrils till they practically touch the back of my eyeballs. Anyways, they leave briefly and return to tell me that I tested positive.

From there, me and my girlfriend returned home immediately. She got tested and tested negative three times. I had to quarantine for a couple weeks and during that time, the decision was made to close the location that I managed. They consolidated all locations to one, with numerous people losing their position. I was slightly demoted and became responsible for the entire crew for 8 more months before the decision was made to pull the plug on the entire thing. There's more to it than just Covid, but it was definitely the spark that ignited the powder keg.
Reply to topic

Jump to: