[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Reply to topic
Vert1
PostPosted: Nov 03 2018 08:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Nov 07 2018 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That Piranha Plant reveal had me laughing like an idiot. And he looks surprisingly like a good character to play as.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 08 2018 05:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Like everyone else, I'm bummed that most of the allegedly leaked characters aren't playable (e.g. Banjo Kazooie, Isaac from Golden Sun) but I am pretty stoked about Pirahna Plant, Simon Belmont and Ridley.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Nov 13 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Like everyone else, I'm bummed that most of the allegedly leaked characters aren't playable (e.g. Banjo Kazooie, Isaac from Golden Sun) but I am pretty stoked about Pirahna Plant, Simon Belmont and Ridley.

they will have more DLC characters in the next year, so BK might still be playable

I am hella stoked for this game... I have the Ultimate boner

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Vert1
PostPosted: Dec 08 2018 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Day 1 Impressions

Smash Ultimate is really good. It's extremely impressive that Nintendo has kept the Smash formula fresh on the 5th entry. At first it felt off like the game was laggy but as soon as I unlocked Inkling this delayed input sensation perception ceased. My favorite character right now is Simon Belmont. The assortment of moves he does with the whip are phenomenal. Ultra stylish. You guys absolutely have to play this game as soon as you can, if you aren't already.

Day 2 Impressions - Post 200 Battles

Easily better than Brawl (or its mod Project M) and Smash U; The fighting is sped-up, and the characters feel more responsive as a result. The graphical flourish of the game makes those past two games look dull. Seriously, the colors are extremely vibrant. The new characters feel great to play as with Ridley being my favorite newcomer. Heavy characters (i.e. Donkey Kong) are much more imposing now in terms of strength and stature / size. The level 9 AI is suped up and has handily beaten me several times over (King K. Rool is brutal). The AI feels closer to Street Fighter AI than past Smash games with how the computer makes you encroach their space to effectively fight against turtling. It's a ton of fun unlocking characters as it's a grabbag of who you'll fight and whether you'll steamroll them, go blow-for-blow barely squeaking out a win, or just get completely demolished.

On Stages - there is one stage in multiplayer, although it first appears in Smash U I only messed around with it now, that is pretty chaotic and reminds me of something you'd see from a Rampage game (or the Outfoxies): Wrecking Crew stage. Find Mii stage [edit: Actually this is a stage that was exclusive to the 3DS Smash Bros.] is a really nice entry to the stage roster. Bouncing people off the hanging cage or slamming them upwards while underneath it reminds me of the good times on Hyrule Castle stage in 64. With stage hazard on the cage swings back and forth like a pendulum, which is an awesome dynamic for a stage to have. There also is some dragon. On hazardless the cage is a lifeless unmovable solid structure and the dragon is gone. Would have liked to see the option to remove the dragon.

Smash 64 and Melee are tough enough to compare against one another without throwing this fifth Smash entry to create a third comparison. (Each game can standalone.) Melee is pretty much the sequel anyone could have asked for coming from 64; it's super-responsive and the characters can move about at a much faster pace and do tons more cool shit, and then you have all the new characters, items, modes, etc. Ultimate is tinkering with the formula and finally getting a 3rd type of Smash Bros perfected in terms of feel of the game. It oddly makes Smash feel closer to a traditional fighter, at least as close as it's gonna get. In terms of pure fighting (1v1, no items on) I'd go Melee>Ultimate>64>>>everything else. (I really don't like placing 64 that low.) Pretty much Ultimate is a must play for anyone who has even the most mildest interest in Smash. As a fan of the series, it quite thoroughly surpassed my expectations.

Day 3 and Day 4 - 300+ Battles

All characters unlocked. I'm considering putting 64 above Ultimate in terms of plain 1v1 no item fighting.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 11 2018 01:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Current mains: Bowser, Simon, Lucas, DK, Ganondorf

Like Verty mentioned, it feels like they buffed all of the big/grappler characters, which is nice.

Vert1
PostPosted: Jan 31 2019 01:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Piranha Plant is playable now!

Cameron
PostPosted: Oct 01 2020 02:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm grateful that it's not another Fire Emblem character but I was immediately bored upon seeing the new pick for Smash. I know there's probably a lot of people out there excited for this, though, so I've been trying not to get overly negative about this given that this character clearly was not put in the game for me. I think I'm just bummed that this now means waiting several months for a potential character I have any interest in. At least I didn't buy the season pass.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Oct 01 2020 07:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am not very hyped about Smash Ultimate, well, i own it and played it for a while but my personal interest in Smash Bros peaked with Melee and after that it was mostly curiosity wich kept me coming back to the franchise.

Some of the rooster inclusions, like this one for instance, seem to be simply made with the thought in the back of their heads that "Franchise XY" has a huge fanbase so including a character from that franchise will motivate people from that fanbase to play Smash.

That doesn't make it a great choice considering the whole "feel" or artistical identity of the game though.

One of the reasons i nevery played Minecraft, is that i can't stand the graphical style of the game, so it's anyones guess what i think of including something from that game into Smash.

The last bit of DLC i bought was the Sans-Costume + Megalovania and it will probably remain that way.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Oct 04 2020 08:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe that Super Smash Bros Ultimate came out nearly two years ago. It feels like it came out a few months ago.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 18 2021 02:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i still play it even though im hot garbage

trying to get everyone to elite has got me frustrated lol

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Reply to topic

Jump to: