SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Are you a bad enough dude to beat every NES game?

Reply to topic
Vert1
PostPosted: Feb 28 2017 02:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 28 2017 05:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No. Off the top of my head, I know that I have never beaten The Silver Surfer, Back to the Future, Zin the Intergalactic Ninja, or Zelda 2.
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Feb 28 2017 10:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No. Pretty sure I've never even beaten Zelda 1.
I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Apr 04 2017 01:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

There are about 400-500 games on the NES not worth bothering with, so I feel sorry for this man.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Apr 05 2017 09:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, Cam, that estimate might even be a little conservative on your part.
Fuck Liefeld, Give Me Che
PostPosted: Jul 15 2019 02:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite retro system is the NES, but I would never be insane enough to beat everything. I pity the man who has to slog through unplayablr shit like these:

Rambo: Impossible to navigate, fight enemies or do anything. Endless confusion and frustration.
Beetlejuice: An interesting style, but the game is a confusing mess that has nonsensical puzzles, dangerous objets that cannot be distinguished from the background, terrible control.
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest: Turn a classic action series into a boring, frustrating, ridiculously obtuse puzzles
Castlequest: Horrible combat, entirely possible to fuck yourself over five minutes into the game and get permanently stuck.
Castelian: An experiment in blind luck in doging invisible death traps.
Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: You move at a slow crawl and everything else is really fast.
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Jul 22 2019 03:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking through his website. I feel bad that he had to play through trash like Hydlide and Metal Gear NES. Thankfully there is a bunch of good NES games too.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 30 2019 06:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck Liefeld, Give Me Che wrote:
My favorite retro system is the NES, but I would never be insane enough to beat everything. I pity the man who has to slog through unplayablr shit like these:

Rambo: Impossible to navigate, fight enemies or do anything. Endless confusion and frustration.
Beetlejuice: An interesting style, but the game is a confusing mess that has nonsensical puzzles, dangerous objets that cannot be distinguished from the background, terrible control.
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest: Turn a classic action series into a boring, frustrating, ridiculously obtuse puzzles
Castlequest: Horrible combat, entirely possible to fuck yourself over five minutes into the game and get permanently stuck.
Castelian: An experiment in blind luck in doging invisible death traps.
Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: You move at a slow crawl and everything else is really fast.

I agree with your sentiments on all of these excluding Castlevania 2. I went ahead and went through Wikipedia's list of NES games, and the ones I think are truly the worst are:

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (glitchy, nonsense platformer)
Alien 3 (I had some fun with this game as a kid but it's ball-shatteringly hard and I've never been able to make it past the second level)
Athena (see above)
Back to the Future II & III (I actually think this is worse than the original game, a boring platformer with counter-intuitive puzzles that don't make any sense)
Simpsons: Bart vs. whatever (all three games are horrid)
Beetlejuice (horrible, horrible platformer)
Captain Planet & the Planeteers (insufferably hard)
Castlequest (unwinnable states, music makes me want to die, bad controls)
Day Dreamin' Davey (extremely difficult Zelda clone with god-awful controls and collision detection)
Defenders of Dynatron City (boring beat-em-up with horrible hit detection)
Dick Tracy (lol)
Double Dragon III (it would be easier to just set myself on fire than make it past the first stage of this game)
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (I don't have much to say that hasn't been said already)
Golgo 13 (I remember this game being obscenely hard as a kid and as an adult I find it obscenely boring)
Hydlide (not much I can say that hasn't already been said)
Raid 2020 (possibly the worst controls of any game ever, you move at a weird 30 degree angle when you press up and down)
Rocket Ranger (I don't see a lot of people discuss this one but it's a turn-based strategy game with shooting minigames that is basically impossible to beat without an emulator because of how difficult the strategy segments are)
Silver Surfer (I'm not a fan of AVGN because of the dumb poop jokes but his video is spot-on)
Tiger-Heli (easily my least favorite NES shmup, dull and loops after 3 levels)
Time Lord (stupidly hard beat-em-up with the worst controls I've ever played in the genre
Times of Lore (an ambitious open-world RPG for the NES, too bad the controls are garbage)
Toxic Crusaders (stupidly difficult beat-em-up)
Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny (a port of the PC RPG that moves at approximately 4 FPS)
Where's Waldo (basically no substance)
All three Wizards & Warriors game (the controls are atrocious and I have never understood the appeal)
Any of those unlicense games about the bible

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Aug 08 2019 02:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I beat maybe two NES games total.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jul 07 2021 07:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
I'm looking through his website. I feel bad that he had to play through trash like Hydlide and Metal Gear NES. Thankfully there is a bunch of good NES games too.

There's nothing wrong with Metal Gear for the NES. I know it's hip to crap on it now, but as a kid, it was a very fun game and still is. The jungle parts don't bother me, and the infinite continues is more than fair. Yeah, it's easy to mock things like "I feel asleep!" but as far as infiltration or Rambo style games, there's only a couple better than Metal Gear.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jul 07 2021 07:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Metal Gear for the NES. I know it's hip to crap on it now, but as a kid, it was a very fun game and still is. The jungle parts don't bother me, and the infinite continues is more than fair. Yeah, it's easy to mock things like "I feel asleep!" but as far as infiltration or Rambo style games, there's only a couple better than Metal Gear.
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Aug 14 2021 06:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
No. Pretty sure I've never even beaten Zelda 1.
I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

The game is pretty easy if you have a walkthrough and a map. Getting lost is most of the challenge.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Reply to topic

Jump to: