"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Pokemon GO

Reply to topic
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jul 08 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone here have this app on their phone? I downloaded it last night after hearing about it and woke up this morning to a bunch of teenagers in front of my house, all furiously swiping at their phones. Apparently my house is a fucking gym. My road is pretty busy and these kids almost got hit a few times because they were so oblivious to anything outside their phone. I had to yell at them, telling them there was another gym a couple of blocks away and to get out of in front of my house because I don't want to have dead kids in my front yard. Fucking technology, man...

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jul 08 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Three days in and I haven't seen a single Pokémon since the first one I was given for free. I don't get this game.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

@om*d
PostPosted: Jul 08 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I found a Pokemon in my bedroom, lol. They are all over the place where I live for some reason.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Jul 08 2016 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got to catch them all.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/32403198/wyoming-teen-playing-new-pokemon-game-on-phone-discovers-body

[Edit]An update to the story says she didn't get the Pokémon that led her there due to her police interviews. Looks like she couldn't catch them all!

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 08 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people on my Facebook news feed are going apeshit with this thing. All day long, pictures of Pokemon. Nobody I know has found a dead body yet though, that would be cool.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 09 2016 04:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I watched some YouTube videos to see what this was all about. Yeah, someone is gonna die from doing this.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

@om*d
PostPosted: Jul 09 2016 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There was a couple outside my house earlier today having a heated argument over purchasing Pokeballs to catch the Pokemon in my neighborhood. Dude called his GF a bitch and got slapped. It was pretty damn funny.

M3GA MAN
Title: The Big A
PostPosted: Jul 10 2016 01:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm waiting for it to die out in hopes that Digimon will find resurgence in popularity and we'll get Digimon Go.
The Opponent
PostPosted: Jul 12 2016 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My power went out earlier today so I decided to take the hint and go down to the Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Pokémon. Ha ha ha destroy me now please.

Anyway which team is going to have a mass murder dedicated to them first?

@om*d
PostPosted: Jul 13 2016 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In my area, probably yellow. They seem to do nothing but drive around to all the gyms and harass people. I have seen some very heated arguments. I'm just trying to get powerful enough Pokemon to take permanent control of the gym right next to my house so people stop coming around at all hours driving me fucking insane.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Jul 13 2016 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't even like Pokemon in general but I have been playing a lot with my Girlfriend. She gets pissed off at me because I don't know any of their names.

"Hey Chelsea, there's a fat pink thingy over here and a cat thingy too..."

I think the concept is pretty neat but yeah, there are people everywhere. It's funny seeing dozens of people wandering around almost getting themselves killed.

I played a little too much last weekend. I logged 45 km in three days, so yeah...

Level 20 now. Helps that my place sits between two towers in range that are consistently lit up.

View on YouTube

That guy that gets hit by a train...
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jul 15 2016 04:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Around my hometown, I'm starting to see folks in Pokemon attire wandering alongside roads.

We have a used car dealer who advertises fairly wacky, easy tasks as a way of getting $100 off your down. At the moment it's "Catch a Pokemon here". Cute!
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 24 2016 07:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i like this game. too bad it kills my battery... cant wait til they add trading & battling

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

The Opponent
PostPosted: Jul 24 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's cool how my office building isolates against GPS slightly, which causes my phone to not get an exact lock which makes my character to fidget while the phone isn't moving. I can hatch eggs at work without ever getting up when the fidgeting gets particularly bad.

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Aug 05 2016 08:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My wife downloaded it on day 1. She tried to get me to get it. I told her I wasn't playing that shit. But every time she drove and I was the passenger, she passed me her damn phone and told me to catch the pokemon. I was actually enjoying it, and I figured, if I'm playing, I might as well be playing for myself. So I downloaded it. Then I realized everyone in the fucking world is playing it.

Now I'm on level 23, and I'm enjoying it. I live in a small town in the midwest, though. So other than hatching eggs, there isn't as much incentive to walk around town like there would be in a bigger city. There are 4 pokestops on the town square, and 1 just off the square. So that is pretty much where everyone was going. It's died down a lot here, though. Some nights, there is a decent turn out. Other nights, there isn't many people at all. So I'd like to see it updated to make the game a little more enjoyable for rural areas. The game should make me want to get out and walk and explore, not drive over an hour to the city just to get pokemon.

Reply to topic

Jump to: