"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Cereal Tier List

Reply to topic
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Apr 12 2016 06:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've composed of a tier list ranking all of the cereals I've had. Feel free to comment on rankings and positions (I feel I should also point out that any cereal not listed is a cereal I haven't eaten).

God Tier
Fruit & Yogurt Special K, Strawberry Mini Wheats, Blueberry Mini Wheats, Strawberry Honey Bunches of Oats, Pop Tart Cereal, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, French Toast Crunch, Captain Crunch Christmas Crunch

High Tier
Cinnabon, All other Special K, all other Mini Wheats, Strawberry Yogurt Cheerios, Captain Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Apple Jacks, Honey Smacks, Raisin Bran, Captain Crunch Oops! All Berries, Cookie Crisp, Frankenberry, Waffle Crisp

Mid Tier
Marshmallow Mateys, Honey Roasted Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Corn Pops, Frosted Flakes All other Honey Bunches of Oats, Boo-Berry, Life

Low Tier
Regular Cheerios, Honeycomb, Fruit Loops, Reese’s Puffs, Cocoa Puffs, Captain Crunch Peanut Butter, Count Chocula, White Frosted Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Chex, Wheaties

Trash Tier
Trix, Rice Krispie, Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, Golden Grahams

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Apr 12 2016 07:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You ranked Life, Cocoa Puffs, and Trix unforgivablely low. You are trash tier to me, Cameron. I have decided to vote for Donald Trump with the hope that he will deport you to a third world country, a place where you would kill for an opportunity to eat Trix cereal. Never speak to me again, you sub-human pile of excrement. Please choke on your Blueberry Mini Wheats which are low tier at best.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Apr 12 2016 08:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

is this what you like as an adult vs child

Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Apr 15 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

One of our members recently held a Cereal Tournament and Boo Berry ended up winning. I was pulling for Golden Grahams, but it fell to stinking CHEERIOS!

On a separate yet similar note, you can peruse our hidden gallery of cereal box images (over 600 of them) here: http://www.retro-daze.org/site/cerealBoxes

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Apr 15 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am curious as to your placement of Oreo-Os. Several people seem divided on the matter.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Apr 15 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oreo Os were a travesty.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Apr 15 2016 12:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tops:

Honey Graham Oh's
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Fruit Loops

Mid-Tier:

Lucky Charms
AppleJacks

Awful Tier:

Cookie Crisp

I used to love Trix, but then about ten years ago, they stopped making the pieces shaped like little pieces of fruit. I haven't eaten Trix since. I miss it, but I also have principles.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Apr 15 2016 05:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I feel Sugar Crisp and Alphabits are at the bottom of the cereal pile.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Cameron
PostPosted: Apr 17 2016 05:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
You ranked Life, Cocoa Puffs, and Trix unforgivablely low.

Trix is honestly the worst cereal I've ever had. It doesn't even taste dible, it just tastes like fruit-scented soap.
Preng wrote:
I am curious as to your placement of Oreo-Os. Several people seem divided on the matter.

I'm not sure I've ever had or seen them. Aren't they discontinued?
Valdronius wrote:
I feel Sugar Crisp and Alphabits are at the bottom of the cereal pile.

I haven't had either, but I've heard similar sentiments from people who have.
Vaporman87 wrote:
On a separate yet similar note, you can peruse our hidden gallery of cereal box images (over 600 of them) here: http://www.retro-daze.org/site/cerealBoxes

Holy freaking crap, Crazy Cow Strawberry Cereal looks amazing.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Apr 17 2016 05:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron, what is the origin of your majestic signature?
Cameron
PostPosted: Apr 17 2016 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
Cameron, what is the origin of your majestic signature?

I can't seem to embed the video into the forums, but the source is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ00laVt62c

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Apr 18 2016 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That Crazy Cow does look awesome. I can't believe I never thought of that. It's the perfect companion to Cocoa Puffs. We should petition for its return. Operation Crazy Cowfall.

M3GA MAN
Title: The Big A
PostPosted: May 10 2016 06:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

We have cereal dispensaries and take out at my college cafeteria, so I've taken advantage and tried a lot of shit, but this ranking isn't exclusive to my choices there.

Top Tier:
Frosted Flakes, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and variations, Frosted Mini Wheat and variations, Honey Bunches of Oats, Raisin Bran Crunch, Honey Combs.

Good Tier:
Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, OreO's, Cracklin' Oat Bran, Captain Crunch & variations, Golden Crisp, Golden Grahams, Captain Crunch + variations, most variations of Life Cereal.

Meh to Decent Tier:
Honey Nut Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Apple Jacks, Cookie Crisp, Froot Loops, Trix, Smorz, Cocoa Puffs, Reese's Puffs, rest of Raisin Bran, like one or two Special K variations, Kix.

Bad Tier:
Special K plain + most variations, plain Cheerios and most variations of them, plain Life Cereal, Lucky Charms (but I'm bias because I hate how the marshmallows feel against my teeth), five year old Star Trek reboot branded cereal.

My Guilty Pleasures:
Grape Nuts and Shredded Wheat are surprisingly delicious.
Cameron
PostPosted: May 10 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

M3GA MAN wrote:
Top Tier:
Frosted Flakes, Honey Combs.

Good Tier:
Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, Golden Grahams

Bad Tier:
Special K plain + most variations, plain Cheerios and most variations of them

M3GA MAN
PostPosted: May 10 2016 06:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
M3GA MAN wrote:
Top Tier:
Frosted Flakes, Honey Combs.

Good Tier:
Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, Golden Grahams

Bad Tier:
Special K plain + most variations, plain Cheerios and most variations of them

Frosted Flakes and Honey Combs are classic and taste fantastic. The Pebbles group shifts between decent and good depending on the mood. Golden Grahams are also just a generally good cereal, just like I can trust Frosted Flakes to always be great (excuse the pun).

Special K and Cheerios really aren't that good though. Most of the variations taste cheaply made. K tastes like a half-baked attempt at flavored Corn Flakes and Cheerios in almost all forms remind me of eating a bowl of plain oatmeal made with water. If you put sugar or fruit on it, and sure, those cereals bump up to decent at best, but I'd rather spend my time on cereals that don't need addition.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: May 10 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, every cereal in this thread is sugary dog shit. Enjoy your diabetes in a few years!

I love you

Cameron
PostPosted: May 11 2016 04:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Don't worry, every cereal in this thread is sugary dog shit. Enjoy your diabetes in a few years!

You've said this before, and when I brought up the fact that Special K and Cheerios at least seem to have less sugar than other cereals, you never responded. M3GA MAN's taste in cereal seems to indicate that they'd prefer to just dump a bunch of Kool-Aid packets in their mouth all at once, but I think there was some logic to what they were saying when they indicated that most cereals that necessitate additional sugar aren't very good. You can't seriously tell me that plan Bran Flakes is something you look forward to eating.

M3GA MAN
PostPosted: May 11 2016 09:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

You've said this before, and when I brought up the fact that Special K and Cheerios at least seem to have less sugar than other cereals, you never responded. M3GA MAN's taste in cereal seems to indicate that they'd prefer to just dump a bunch of Kool-Aid packets in their mouth all at once, but I think there was some logic to what they were saying when they indicated that most cereals that necessitate additional sugar aren't very good. You can't seriously tell me that plan Bran Flakes is something you look forward to eating.

I try to avoid cereal as is, because most of it is processed, sugary bullshit as Woodzy has said. I'm just rating it based purely on how they taste to me, but I will be the first to admit that I haven't had a few of these cereals in years. My predisposition toward sweeter cereals is probably due, in part, to the fact that I have eaten so many Cheerios in my life-time that most just taste like bland, mushy cardboard. Also haven't eaten Special K for several years since my mother bought them when I still lived with my 'rents, so taste may have changed.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: May 11 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

The only Cheerios I have ever had that didn't taste like mushy cardboard were Honey Nut Cheerios, and even those seemed to be hit or miss. No real consistency in their production, it seems. Cereal is such a lazy breakfast, so its unsurprising that its mostly sugary crap. When I have cereal nowadays, which is rare, I tend to eat the most boring, plain stuff because of less sugar. In the end these are all just variations of milk soup, as their nutritional values are severely lacking and are a waste of money when you can get something like bananas, which in my area are 39 - 59 cents per pound and just have a glass of milk or OJ with it and you'll get more energy without a sugar crash and damage to your teeth.

LeshLush
PostPosted: May 11 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You know what's way better than Honey Nut Cheerios? Honey Graham Ohs. Best cereal of all time.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: May 11 2016 04:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

Yeah, I absolutely look forward to eating plain Bran Flakes, Grape Nuts, Cheerios, Special K, because I kicked the habit of eating sugary cereal every morning years ago because it made me have a sugar crash a few hours later. I unwittingly trained myself to not like over sugary stuff by eating the plainer stuff and things like eggs to actively avoid the extra sugar. I was being silly, and I absolutely have a bowl of Fruit Loops or Cocoa Pebbles or something with my daughter once a month or so as a snack when we watch cartoons but that's about it. I legit stopped eating those kinds of cereals daily because I'm in my thirties and already overweight, albeit steadily losing it. I'm not knocking anyone who likes the stuff, just making a fucking diabetes joke.

Though I won't lie, I do miss bouncing around like the dudes in your signature when I'd eat cereal like Sugar Smacks as a kid, haha.

As for the list, my favorites are:

Blueberry Mini Wheats
Raisin Bran
Life

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 11 2016 05:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Woodzy proves that if you stop eating sugary breakfast cereals, you end up becoming a cranky, old fart.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: May 12 2016 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

He's right. Do not become me. Sad

Cameron
PostPosted: May 12 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Have you guys ever had Apple Cinnamon cheerios? I find most other Cheerio flavors mediocre at best, but that one is easily one of my favorite cereals.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 12 2016 02:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with you on Apple Cinnamon Cheerios.

Reply to topic

Jump to: