"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Is Syd still around?

Reply to topic
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Mar 03 2016 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He hasn't posted since September of last year. I'm wondering if he even reads the forums anymore.

GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Mar 03 2016 07:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He just posts on twitter it seems. I guess the death of Hacker did something to his motivation.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 04 2016 09:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd has been mainly posting on twitter for a while now. Well before the death of Hacker, so I doubt that had anything to do with his motivation concerning this site. When hacker passed, he actually posted an article dedicated to him. Maybe we should start offing ourselves if we want him to be more active.

Syd obviously gets more attention on twitter, which is very low effort, so why would he bother putting in the effort to get his ego stroked here when he could do it so easily on twitter?

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Apr 02 2016 02:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Some of his rants could make interesting articles if he brought it here instead. Twitter is probably the easiest and more convenient option though.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Apr 02 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Twitter sucks. It's like reading a bunch of drunk text messages from self important shitheads.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Apr 02 2016 04:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never liked the brevity of Twitter. I like having a lot to digest.

Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Apr 09 2016 11:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. I've never used, nor will I ever use, Twitter. It seems so bland and lame. Facebook is okay... still don't care that much for it though. Basically Social Media sites feel like a bare bones forum for everybody on Earth. Like a forum's younger brother who thinks he's so cool, but he's actually nowhere near as interesting or talented.

LeshLush
PostPosted: May 04 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Two posts, one day.
GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: May 18 2016 05:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am not apposed to the Aquarius Man using a different outlet for his thoughts, but did it have to be twitter?

Circa 2005-2007 Syd would have probably lambasted the concept of it in a well rounded 3 paragraph answer.

I understand updating html is more time consuming and not phone friendly but getting on an actual computer once a month to write an article isn't very hard.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: May 20 2016 09:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

GeorgeTaylor wrote:
I understand updating html is more time consuming and not phone friendly but getting on an actual computer once a month to write an article isn't very hard.

Try it sometime. It's a lot harder when you start to get older and start having some sort of life.
GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: May 20 2016 01:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
GeorgeTaylor wrote:

Try it sometime. It's a lot harder when you start to get older and start having some sort of life.

Syd isn't married or have any kids. His sole purpose in life is to induce nostalgia so I can go back to living as a child in 1990 whenever I see fit.

Vaporman87
PostPosted: May 21 2016 06:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GeorgeTaylor wrote:
UsaSatsui wrote:
GeorgeTaylor wrote:

Syd isn't married or have any kids. His sole purpose in life is to induce nostalgia so I can go back to living as a child in 1990 whenever I see fit.

Probably beating a dead horse, but Syd isn't the only one doing just that. There are lots of folks doing it on RD. Some are better writers than others, but all are nostalgia inducing. Just throwing that out there... again.

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: May 23 2016 09:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vaporman87 wrote:
GeorgeTaylor wrote:
UsaSatsui wrote:
GeorgeTaylor wrote:

Probably beating a dead horse, but Syd isn't the only one doing just that. There are lots of folks doing it on RD. Some are better writers than others, but all are nostalgia inducing. Just throwing that out there... again.

I have tried exploring other forums before but usually the culture is different and interacting with a new group of people than the ones I have known just isn't my cup of tea.

I do think the site looks good but I would only be a regular poster if at least 15 of the people who post here on a regular basis were to post there.

Vaporman87
PostPosted: May 24 2016 03:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

GeorgeTaylor wrote:
Vaporman87 wrote:
GeorgeTaylor wrote:
UsaSatsui wrote:
GeorgeTaylor wrote:

I have tried exploring other forums before but usually the culture is different and interacting with a new group of people than the ones I have known just isn't my cup of tea.

I do think the site looks good but I would only be a regular poster if at least 15 of the people who post here on a regular basis were to post there.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. You wouldn't think that hopping on board somewhere else online and getting in on everything would be so uncomfortable, but it really is. As you said, the culture is different anywhere you go.

Well, if nothing else there are some great stories from folks to read. No need to jump into conversation or even sign up. Wink

Reply to topic

Jump to: