SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Walking Dead Season 6

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 16 2016 06:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is for probably only Klimbatize and I to talk about The Walking Dead Season 6.

Mid-season premiere was so fucking good. Probably one of if not my favorite episodes of the series. It just felt so "comic booky" (not referencing the Walking Dead comics, just comics in general) in it's presentation at parts.

Glad that Porch Dick's family is all dead. I don't think anyone will miss them much (I will miss looking at Alexandra Breckenridge though). Also nice to see Gabriel nut up and get shit done for once. Not quite redeemed, but not quite as loathed now. Morgan is still boring. Can't wait till next week!

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Feb 16 2016 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Spoilers ahead, but I assume everyone knows that coming into a thread like this.

Totally agree with everything you said. Midway through I just paused it and thought, "This episode is fucking good."

I love that they keep teasing us with Glen dying again. I think they should do that every couple of episodes...just make it seem like he's fucked yet again, only to be saved by a deux ex machina. And then, one day, it's for real. I thought it would have been great if they killed him off right after he crawled out from under that dumpster. Like, he emerges, looks around, and a fucking fire escape stairway lands on him. Or a zombie bites him, whatever. Everyone would have hated the writers, except for me! I mean, I like the guy, but that would have shown some massive balls.

I did get a little upset when I thought they killed off Carl. I empathize with Rick the most having a son and everything, so if he loses that I will be very upset. I would rather they kill Rick off before Carl.

I thought we were going to have to keep an eye on that little shit teenager for a while, but glad to see him get killed.

Going back to earlier in the season, Carol became like in my top 2 of characters after episode 2 where she just fucked all those invading wolves up. Or just shooting guys in the head after Morgan wasted precious minutes tying him up. Like, I get the pacifist idealism in the real world, but not in one where everything living or dead is trying to kill you. It's so fucking stupid and annoying.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Feb 16 2016 07:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There was something immensely satisfying about the end of Negan's goons.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 16 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really liked Negan's head goon guy! He was charming as fuck and he would have made a good villain on his own. I even liked the Wolf guy a lot, also very charming and likable. I think it's gonna be the best last half of a season the show has had and I can't wait to discuss it with you cretins.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 16 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never seen an episode of this show, but I saw a header image on a website that showed the actor who played Carver on The Wire. I love Carver from The Wire. Wikipedia tells me that his character on The Walking Dead is named Gabriel Stokes. Is that a fun character? This will moderately affect my desire ever to watch this show.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 16 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You'll hate him for most of his appearance on the show, but he's recently redeemed himself a lot. Good acting if you can be loathsome and still want to watch him long enough for him to stick around and get better.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Feb 17 2016 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Gabriel is a piece of shit and he should die.

Hopefully that helps you make your decision, Lesh.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 21 2016 09:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got it Klim. I guess I'll just rewatch The Wire.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Feb 26 2016 08:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never seen Rick and Daryl make so many stupid decisions. What the hell? Who directed this shit?

Reply to topic

Jump to: