Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Unleashed

Reply to topic
LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 20 2015 09:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Can you feel the hype?
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Oct 20 2015 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That movie poster is fucking amazing. I can only hope that Shrek is actually in the movie and takes care of Kylo Ren and the rest of the bad guys, Shrek Is Love, Shrek Is Life style.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Oct 21 2015 09:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't even see the poster, I just came here to correct the title of the thread Razz

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Oct 21 2015 02:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had almost forgotten about Gex. This takes me back.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 21 2015 04:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest question going in is whether Steve Jobs is a Jedi or a Sith.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 22 2015 01:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The original Jobs was a jedi, but the man you thought was Steve Jobs was actually his Sith clone, Steeve Jobs.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 26 2015 04:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
The original Jobs was a jedi, but the man you thought was Steve Jobs was actually his Sith clone, Steeve Jobs.
And in this one quip you have reminded me of Luuke Skywalker (no typo there) and how the Expanded Universe was completely decanonized.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 29 2015 03:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
LeshLush wrote:
And in this one quip you have reminded me of Luuke Skywalker (no typo there) and how the Expanded Universe was completely decanonized.

yeah... at least that means chewie is alive again.

makes sense though. that way fan boys cant be "that didnt happen in the book" and everyone is surprised now w/this new alternate universe/timeline.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 06:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I couldn't help myself and had get as much information on the new Star Wars movie as I could.

I played a trick on my girlfriend this morning by telling her the following via text that stated:

"I have a new theory about what happens in the new Star Wars."j

Her response was:

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!' How did you come up with this theory?"

My response:

"Well because the movie has come out in different time zones already and that isn't a theory, it is the actual plot leaked by some guy in the Philippines. =) troll face"

She was a little pissed and yes I'm an asshole.
Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Dec 17 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much for hiding those. I'm on a social media embargo until after I see it tomorrow night, because I knew the spoilers were out there. You're a good man.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Dec 18 2015 01:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Its actually a good film. The addition of Shrek breathed alot of new life into the series.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 18 2015 08:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure this opinion is going to be unpopular, but I hated it. I did not think it was any better than the prequels.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 19 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to see this movie tonight. I will let you guys know what I think after I have watched it.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 19 2015 02:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

After what date can we discuss plot? I'd like to offer critique, but I don't want to spoil anything.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 19 2015 06:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure your opinion is the correct opinion. The nerds are just in denial.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 19 2015 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I just saw it and I was blown away. Even after reading the plot before hand it exceeded my expectations. I thought it would do the opposite.

I have a Mormon friend of mine that comes over to hang out and "nerd" out with his other elder and I promised to him that I wasn't going to spoil it for him. However, he was salivating at the mouth and begging me to tell him. The poor guy can't see the movie until he gets off his mission, which means that, he being only three weeks into his mission, he has to wait two years. I couldn't resist and ended up telling him. He asked me to "kidnap" him at gunpoint and force him into the theater to see it. The third movie will almost be out before he gets to see the fist of the new trilogy...

He and the other elder both asked me to draw Sith Lord versions of themselves for Christmas. Mormon Sith Lords. Very Happy

---------------------------------------

Anyways, I deleted the spoiler tags from my previous post due to the movie being out and all, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not seen it yet so I'll put my opinion in spoiler tags:

[SPOILER:41eda2330c] First off, I'm tired of people complaining about the film being to similar to ANH. I understand that there are vast similarities. However, they twisted it off in an interesting new direction in many ways. Also, I think people have to take into account that they trying to introduce the universe to a new generation. I feel like it's almost more of a reboot or origin story, similar to how the first comic book movie in MVC has to spend a good amount of time introducing you to the universe. I have a feeling the next two movies are going to go in a vastly different direction.

Kyro Ren was by far the best thing about the movie and is a very complex character. He's a good mix or angsty Pre Vader and original Vader and is pretty scary. Even if you hated the movie you please have got to admit that him stopping that laser blast in mid air was fucking badass. The whole last 20 or so minutes was great too, especially Han and Kylo and the Luke ending.

There are a few things that I could nick pick about but overall it was awesome. I was really hoping for Luke turning to the dark side as I think that would have opened up many more diverse avenues but you can't blame them for not going there.

[/SPOILER:41eda2330c]
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 20 2015 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think the movie was great overall. The acting and dialogue was much much better than the prequels. My only complaints are that the pacing of the movie seemed too fast, maybe they could have added another 10 minutes to the movie to make it seem not as rushed, and Carrie Fisher seemed like her portrayal of Leia was off, maybe because it has been so long since she was in the role.

Harrison Ford absolutely killed it as Han Solo, and only further cemented him as one of my favorite movie characters of all time.

In my opinion, this movie is definitely worth seeing. I would put it up there with ESB in terms of the Star Wars franchise.

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Dec 20 2015 08:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have to see it a few more times to decide if it's my favorite, but it's a close contender. I agree that Kylo Ren was incredibly complex. My wife complained that he wasn't intimidating, but I think that he wasn't supposed to be. He was unstable, and that's scary as shit.

I think the biggest thing for is that I LOVED the new characters. In the prequels, everyone's a fucking douche going about their douche business, but this movie brought back the wonder, discovery, and ADVENTURE of the originals.

I cried three time during the movie (including during the opening crawl), and once when it was all over.

Oh, and I think of all of the closing shots in the whole series, that one was the best.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 21 2015 02:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty much the best ending of any Star Wars so far.

[SPOILER:65ee9e2518] Rey is Luke's daughter and Finn is Lando Calrissian's son. Disney fucked up revealed this by releasing a puzzle. [/SPOILER:65ee9e2518]
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 21 2015 05:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ross Rifle wrote:
I'll have to see it a few more times to decide if it's my favorite, but it's a close contender. I agree that Kylo Ren was incredibly complex. My wife complained that he wasn't intimidating, but I think that he wasn't supposed to be. He was unstable, and that's scary as shit.
I've seen this thing three times now and I've made two other observations about Ren.
1.) When compared to the film's other lightsaber, his seems to convey that same instability; possibly because the information about how to make a lightsaber was misplaced or strain from wanting an arming-sword-style cross-guard.
2.) The man's visage actually resembles elements of his father.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Dec 22 2015 03:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

JJ Abrams seems to understand this universe alot easier than the Star Trek one. The previews for the third Star Trek movie looks pretty good as it seems like JJ has finally told Chris Pine that douchy Kirk isn't doing the franchise any favors.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 23 2015 08:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Saw it today, glad to have done so before the year was out. Nice to have someplace to go from Return Of The Jedi should I ever decide to binge on the franchise. Of course, that'll have to wait at least until this trilogy is complete.
Milhouse
PostPosted: Dec 28 2015 06:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There's finally a stormtrooper with decent aim...and he defects?
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Dec 29 2015 01:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

How can you say the prequels were better than this Episode VII, Lesh? I actually like the prequels and enjoy Episode III a lot so I am not one of those haters...but come on. And I actually hold your opinion on most matters in such high esteem, too. I'd put this one around third best overall.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Dec 29 2015 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I liked how it tied into the prequels where we figure out that Jar Jar Binks was the real phantom menace and in hoots with Palpatine.

Reply to topic

Jump to: