[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The derailment

Reply to topic
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 03 2015 10:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
I'm cynical as fuck and hate almost everything but I have a soft spot for most of you whiny bitches. Hi, whiny bitches. I miss you.

same here. it sucks this forum died. it was fun, but i am glad of whatever connections people made on here.

on that note, i am now # 2 on total posts made on these forums.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Oct 04 2015 08:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
I'm cynical as fuck and hate almost everything but I have a soft spot for most of you whiny bitches. Hi, whiny bitches. I miss you.

Sometimes I wonder what happened to you, since you were a very different person for a while when I first started posting here. Hopefully you are not passing on that cynicism and hate to your child, but that's your prerogative.

username wrote:

That is because you have diarrhea of the fingers and post tons of mostly useless comments. It's clear with this stupid comment of yours that your intention was to be one of the top posters on these forums, so congratulations.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 04 2015 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

Sometimes I wonder what happened to you, since you were a very different person for a while when I first started posting here. Hopefully you are not passing on that cynicism and hate to your child, but that's your prerogative.

username wrote:

That is because you have diarrhea of the fingers and post tons of mostly useless comments. It's clear with this stupid comment of yours that your intention was to be one of the top posters on these forums, so congratulations.

nice..... adding another comment to my numbers

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 05 2015 01:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

username wrote:

@om*d
PostPosted: Oct 05 2015 06:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, you guys are such assholes. I guess that's why I still come to these forums, I get to interact with people who are just like me.

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Oct 06 2015 02:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I should be flattered or offended. Typical Monday.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 07 2015 05:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's been nearly 10 months since the news broke and seeing new posts in this thread that far along just feels odd to me. Would anyone else agree that maybe this thread should be locked?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 07 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, locking it seems dumb. We've had long gone posters come in and share a story or say hi since it's happened, so let's leave it open.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Oct 07 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Seconded.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 07 2015 09:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the harm in leaving it open.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Oct 08 2015 08:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think we just have to remain extra careful about making sure we stay on topic.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
@om*d
PostPosted: Oct 08 2015 03:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I also think this topic should remain open, for the reasons stated above by Woodzy.

I agree with Ross that we should stay on topic in this post and apologize for going off topic, but I have to call out angsty cynicism and pointless circlejerking when I see it. Especially when I see it in a post like this. (I am aware that it might have been misinterpreted sarcasm, and if so, my bad, but keep in mind how such sarcasm comes across, especially in text, where the subtleties of spoken words cannot be picked up on so easily)

On a related note, I still feel bad about giving Hacker a hard time about not getting much done when he decided to lend his hand in helping Syd with these forums. I meant it to spur him into action but might have come off as more dismissive and cruel. I often think of my interactions with those who have passed and wonder if I could have been more compassionate and mindful of what others might be going through that I am unaware about.

I hope he is in a better place, and that his family remembers him for the good he accomplished in his short time on this world and the love they shared.

If anyone on these forums ever needs someone to listen because they are going through some shit, you can reach out to me and I will listen. Nobody should be alone when their mind wanders into such dark places.

Cameron
PostPosted: Oct 08 2015 04:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
but I have to call out angsty cynicism and pointless circlejerking when I see it. Especially when I see it in a post like this.

I'm not really sure you have to do anything. In keeping with the spirit of the forum, people have used this thread to muse on the nature of communicating in this forum as well as how many of us share a soft spot for it and each other, but your responses just kind of came across as bizarre and hateful. I have no idea if your post responding to JoshWoodzy and username was intended to be sarcastic or not, but the problem lies in the fact that your post (as well as at least 80% of your posts in general) was pretty much indistinguishable between sarcasm and genuine, petty, mean-spirited bitching. Neither of them meant anything hurtful or negative with their posts, so your response was entirely unnecessary.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is to please keep your cattiness out of this thread.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 08 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't wanna say anything, but my tone here has ranged from gentle razzing to silly hyperbole. I've tried to stray from being hateful, and I've tried to make friends with many people here, and I actually have, with over 40 SydLexians on my personal Facebook. I genuinely care about many of you, so yeah, try not to fuse my hyperbolic internet comments and comment on me as a father and how I raise my child, atomjacked. Grow the fuck up. I might give a lot of people shit, but I don't think I've ever been malicious or outright awful.

Feel free to merge this into some other random "atomjacked is whining/being a bitch" topic if you wish, I do not want to soil this topic. I actually urge a mod to do so, I just felt like I had to at least say something or defend myself since atomjacked felt it necessary to bring my parenting skills into this topic for some clearly super relevant reason.

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Oct 08 2015 10:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, ever since I've been here, I've always known you as jaded, cynical, and sarcastic, but I have NEVER known you to be outright malicious or mean spirited towards anyone. And yeah, bringing his daughter into this was way over the line. You have a problem with someone, bring it up with them. Don't bring up their kids.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Oct 09 2015 02:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Stop fighting, you guys. We should all be ashamed of this terrible behavior. Is this anyway to remember what's-his-face?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Oct 11 2015 12:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

So we took random comments from multiple threads and threw them together so we'd all look retarded?

@sideway I had a little soda come out of my nose just now because of you. Friggin' burned.

EDIT: Oh wait, all of this originally went down in the Hacker thread? For some reason I thought some of these comments were made elsewhere. Carry on.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

@om*d
PostPosted: Oct 11 2015 05:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
I'm not really sure you have to do anything

If I feel obligated to speak my mind, then I do so. Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean I should act as you do.

Cameron wrote:
Neither of them meant anything hurtful or negative with their posts, so your response was entirely unnecessary.

Noted, but I am not sure it was necessary for you to say anything here, as I already commented on this exact point, so you are the usual Cameron of lack of reading comprehension. Here, I'll make it really easy for you and copy my previous comment and make it large and bold for you to see easily:

@om*d wrote:
(I am aware that it might have been misinterpreted sarcasm, and if so, my bad, but keep in mind how such sarcasm comes across, especially in text, where the subtleties of spoken words cannot be picked up on so easily)

JoshWoodzy wrote:
I didn't wanna say anything, but my tone here has ranged from gentle razzing to silly hyperbole. I've tried to stray from being hateful, and I've tried to make friends with many people here, and I actually have, with over 40 SydLexians on my personal Facebook. I genuinely care about many of you, so yeah, try not to fuse my hyperbolic internet comments and comment on me as a father and how I raise my child, atomjacked. Grow the fuck up.

I find it hilarious that you are telling me to grow the fuck up in this situation. You obviously think everything is a joke around here, based on the content of most of your posts. I think you are naïve to think that being a parent gives you some sort of right to dismiss other people who might genuinely give a shit. Maybe if I wasn't raised by complete assholes and didn't experience my best friend's sister raising her kids to be complete pieces of shit I never would have bothered commenting. Maybe you should take a closer look at yourself when you are "gently razzing and being hyperbolic", because your posts come across as incessant trolling. And you are telling me to grow up. Fucking hilarious. I guess it's my fault for ever taking you seriously as a person, I should have just dismissed you as a troll and ignored you. I guess I don't really know you because I am not one of your 40 SydLexian friends on Facebook ( nice hint that you are a big man around here, by the way). Again, for another person who wants to be dismissive and jump to conclusions instead of learning proper reading comprehension, I will repost my previous comment which has offended you and make it easy to read:
@om*d wrote:
Hopefully you are not passing on that cynicism and hate to your child, but that's your prerogative.

Note how I did not actually tell you how to raise your child. Can a person not state that they hope someone doesn't do something? I guess not. And guess what? I can tell you how to raise your child if I feel like it. Are you so fucking entitled that you think having a child means that people can't ever comment on their hopes that you don;t do something that would impact that child negatively? Give me a fucking break. Do you have to listen? Fuck no. Do you have to care? Fuck no. That is precisely why I stated it is my "hope" and your "prerogative." Please grow the fuck up and learn how to properly communicate.

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Feel free to merge this into some other random "atomjacked is whining/being a bitch" topic if you wish, I do not want to soil this topic.

Ah, here it is, the typical comment where Woodzy calls someone whiny or a bitch for not fully comprehending the convoluted form of his ignorant style of humor.

Let me just say this. You did soil the topic with your sarcasm. Do you even understand sarcasm, which you claim to use so often? Please take a moment to look it up and then reflect on the majority of your comments on these forums over the past few years. If you truly think it's alright and that such humor is easily understandable in text format (and I know that sarcasm is much easier to understand in person/video/whatever) than maybe you should educate yourself further and do some growing up or maturing or whatever you want to call it.

And my comments were completely relevant to the topic they were posted in. A topic about the suicide of someone who was troubled that gets turned into another Woodzy "hey bitches" post or one of usernames pointless garbage posts. And I am the bad person? Again, fucking hilarious. I get it though, I really do. I don't really know any of you personally, I am not part of the 40 Facebook friends, whatever. But maybe take a moment and think about those people out there how aren't as thick skinned as some of us. People who read such posts and don't understand the subtleties of such high form humor. People who get hurt easily over words. How the fuck do you know that something you, I or anyone else said on these forums didn't add to the burden that Hacker had on his poor soul? I know I don't know if anything sarcastic/shitty I said ever hurt him or anyone else, but it is a possibility. And that is a possibility that I can accept responsibility for. The poor dude even made a post here in his final hours basically calling out for help. For help, in a forum that died, a forum that he loved. And here you guys sit, shit talking someone who actually tries to point out how we might be unintentionally hurting others with such ignorance. The cycle of shittiness never ends.

Sorry I offended your "grown man" sensibilities Woodzy and 40 Facebook friends. For future reference, the grown up way to respond to someone telling you how to do something that you are offended by or disagree with it this: "Thank you for your suggestion, but it's not necessary." But no, you're the grown up who likes calling people whiny bitches.

So, let's review what I learned here: You guys are ignorant, don't comprehend/fully read what you comment on and lash out at well meaning people due to aforementioned ignorance/lack of comprehension. You don't take criticism well, and believe yourself capable of telling other people how they should conduct themselves when you flip out for them doing the same... Fucking hilarious.

I will make sure to alter my way of communicating in future interactions. You can guarantee that you will not be getting the same atomjacked around here after this display of ignorant and entitled behavior from what is basically the equivalent of the high school cool kids(40 facebook friends, lol, I get it Woodzy, you're a bigshot in this neighborhood).

By the way, every time I posted the words "fucking hilarious" in this post, I was being sarcastic. I hope you can understand that I find humor in the sheer stupidity of your posts, and that is what I am making reference to. I just thought I should make note of that here so you guys can figure it out. Looking forward to reading responses to this post (also sarcasm).

Cameron
PostPosted: Oct 11 2015 06:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Highlighting words in bold and making them larger doesn't make them any less hurtful or unneccessary. You can't insinuate that someone is a bad parent because of how they post on a forum and then get all pissy because "lol guise I was being sarcastic" doesn't immediately make it okay. You complain that everyone else needs to "grow up", but I feel like anyone with even a semblance of maturity understands that when you use heated language and go as far as to imply that someone is a bad parent, you have to take responsibility and own up for the fact that you are going to offend someone. Everyone else is not in the wrong because you said something mean and don't like that it upset other people.

I think the fact that Joshwoodzy has formed legitimate friendships with people on here is a testament to the fact that he is just messing around with people rather than, as you put it, "incessant trolling." Calling you out for deliberately insulting people wasn't an attempt at humor, though.

@om*d wrote:
The poor dude even made a post here in his final hours basically calling out for help. For help, in a forum that died, a forum that he loved. And here you guys sit, shit talking someone who actually tries to point out how we might be unintentionally hurting others with such ignorance. The cycle of shittiness never ends.

...nice. I know that your response to this is probably going to be "But but but, I didn't imply anything like that!" but his suicide had nothing to do with anyone on this forum, and to imply that it did is pretty disgusting.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 11 2015 08:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT ** Just never mind, I'm not gonna participate in this catty nonsense.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Oct 11 2015 08:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Forum Battle?

Never mind, Woodzy will just pressure his 40 friends to sign on and vote for him.

#teamatomjacked

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Oct 12 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

This Is A Joke

It exists for a reason guys. Learn it, know it, live it.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

@om*d
PostPosted: Oct 12 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Highlighting words in bold and making them larger doesn't make them any less hurtful or unneccessary. You can't insinuate that someone is a bad parent because of how they post on a forum and then get all pissy because "lol guise I was being sarcastic" doesn't immediately make it okay. You complain that everyone else needs to "grow up", but I feel like anyone with even a semblance of maturity understands that when you use heated language and go as far as to imply that someone is a bad parent, you have to take responsibility and own up for the fact that you are going to offend someone. Everyone else is not in the wrong because you said something mean and don't like that it upset other people.

I think the fact that Joshwoodzy has formed legitimate friendships with people on here is a testament to the fact that he is just messing around with people rather than, as you put it, "incessant trolling." Calling you out for deliberately insulting people wasn't an attempt at humor, though.

@om*d wrote:
The poor dude even made a post here in his final hours basically calling out for help. For help, in a forum that died, a forum that he loved. And here you guys sit, shit talking someone who actually tries to point out how we might be unintentionally hurting others with such ignorance. The cycle of shittiness never ends.

...nice. I know that your response to this is probably going to be "But but but, I didn't imply anything like that!" but his suicide had nothing to do with anyone on this forum, and to imply that it did is pretty disgusting.

First off, I stated that we don't know what caused hacker to take his own life. I get that you are quick to jump to conclusions, as you get super pissy if someone says the word gay. I myself have been at the edge of taking my own life. I have been to many funerals of friends who have taken their own lives (troubled people who I served with) and have helped many people when all they needed was someone to listen, or offer simple words of encouragement. Whether you want to accept it or not, words do hurt some people. Go look up stories online of people who who have killed themselves and left behind notes about how seemingly insignificant words have hurt them. All I was saying is that I felt bad because I said some snarky/sarcastic things to him in the past and I accept responsibility that it could have hurt him and it was not my intention. I am in no way blaming anyone here, or claiming to know exactly what caused him to take his life. But if you want to look at it and actually learn a lesson, you should be open to the possibility that some words and actions can be toxic if if they are not intended to be so. you know, like when people call things gay and you get upset.

And it's funny how some of you guys are so quick to jump to conclusions about what my intentions were when I made a comment about Woodzy hopefully not raising his child to be hateful and cynical. Take a step back and really think for a moment if that is such a terrible thing. I didn't call him a horrible person. I did not order him to do anything. And hilariously, Woodzy had no problem saying borderline shitty things(as a form of humor) to people on here, but I make one little comment (which was really just sarcasm to begin with, just like his dumb comments) and he can't take it himself. I guess that just proves my point that words can indeed hurt and cause reactions in people.

But all of this will probably be lost on you people. I don't know why I continue to bother. The real thing here is that that I am not a well liked person here and he is, so you guys will support him even if he is in the wrong because you guys are all all friendly. Whatever. I don't hold anything against you guys, I just want everyone to learn and be better people. Be excellent to each other.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 12 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're self aware enough to realize you looked like a dick needlessly mentioning my parenting skills. That's literally my only issue with anything you've said, and we've always gotten along just as well as anyone else here and never had issues with each other, but go ahead, throw us another paragraph or 15 about how we're toxic and can learn from you.

Cameron
PostPosted: Oct 12 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea how anyone else reading this could conceivably think anyone is "jumping to conclusions." You implied that his suicide somehow had something to do with this forum when you said that we might have unintentionally hurt him with "ignorance". And no one in the history of caring about being a decent parent has taken it lightly when someone else makes jabs at their parenting, so there's really no "jumping to conclusions" when it comes to interpreting what you said.

Reply to topic

Jump to: