"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Minecraft: Story Mode

Reply to topic
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 04 2015 02:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I feel a little wary about the idea of a point-and-click adventure game set in the Minecraft universe, but given that it's being developed by Telltale games, I'm attempting to remain cautiously optimistic. While it obviously won't reach the same dramatic tension as The Walking Dead, based on the trailer I'm getting some Lego Movie-esque vibes, so it might turn out great.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jul 04 2015 05:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The target audience is children and kids these days love Minecraft, so I see this doing well for them. I have not played any of the Telltale games so I can't say whether this would be good based off their past work.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 04 2015 07:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Walking Dead as a series started out strong and got boring as fuck by the end. Yeah it was emotional blah blah but also very predictable and stiff. I've heard similar things about the other TellTale games (I never finished Back to the Future for similar reasons). Like atom said, this will do great for it's target audience. I'm sure my nieces and nephews and cousins will eat this shit right up and I'll be happy to watch them play.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 04 2015 11:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Walking Dead as a series started out strong and got boring as fuck by the end. Yeah it was emotional blah blah but also very predictable and stiff. I've heard similar things about the other TellTale games (I never finished Back to the Future for similar reasons).

Not only did I enjoy both Season 1 and Season 2 of the Walking Dead, but I actually prefer the second season over the first, so this is a matter of subjective opinion.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 05 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wish Minecraft would die already.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 05 2015 12:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:
Walking Dead as a series started out strong and got boring as fuck by the end. Yeah it was emotional blah blah but also very predictable and stiff. I've heard similar things about the other TellTale games (I never finished Back to the Future for similar reasons).

so this is a matter of subjective opinion.

But seriously, I really did enjoy the first episode, but by the second it just seemed to fizzle in the story department. I was able to predict damn near everything that was going to happen, so there were no real surprises. I love Clem as a character though and hope to see her grow even more for the next installment.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Jul 05 2015 03:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think Walking Dead is boring. To be honest zombies are boring period and Image Comics thought the same when Kirkman submitted the comic to them. He actually had to lie to Image to get it made and told them that it started as a zombie story but ended when the aliens invade. I sort of wish that would actually be true.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 06 2015 01:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've enjoyed a lot of the comics I've read and admittedly a lot of the show I've watched (LOTS of shitty writing here and there for both but still). But yeah, I was glad there was a slight resurgence in adventure type games the last few years. SO STOKED ON NEW KING'S QUEST asdjfkhasdlkfhalskd

Cattivo
PostPosted: Jul 08 2015 06:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm of the same mind as Woodzy on the Walking Dead games.

Telltale seems to be going IP crazy lately. Minecraft seems like a bridge too far for me.
Reply to topic

Jump to: