[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Donald Trump running for president.

Reply to topic
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 11 2015 02:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking news: Donald Trump calls for the removal of Rashid from Street Fighter V.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Dec 11 2015 04:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Breaking news: Donald Trump calls for the removal of Rashid from Street Fighter V.

ha HA!

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 13 2015 04:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a friend who is a Trump supporter (I would say not Trump's typical supporter type, from what I have seen) and he says that he is supporting Trump because he is just like all of the other politicians, except he is more honest that he is a sleazeball. My friend also claims that it doesn't really matter who the President is anymore, as most can't really make any real progress given the state of congress nowadays (I am inclined to agree with that point). He thinks that if Trump were to be elected, the country wouldn't really expect much from him (low bar) and if he really fucked things up it might cause people to enact some much needed overhaul of how our government functions.

I would say he definitely is not the typical bigoted idiotic Trump supporter, and he has some interesting points. Maybe there would be a silver lining in Trump becoming President, who knows?

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Dec 15 2015 06:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
I have a friend who is a Trump supporter (I would say not Trump's typical supporter type, from what I have seen) and he says that he is supporting Trump because he is just like all of the other politicians, except he is more honest that he is a sleazeball. My friend also claims that it doesn't really matter who the President is anymore, as most can't really make any real progress given the state of congress nowadays (I am inclined to agree with that point). He thinks that if Trump were to be elected, the country wouldn't really expect much from him (low bar) and if he really fucked things up it might cause people to enact some much needed overhaul of how our government functions.

I would say he definitely is not the typical bigoted idiotic Trump supporter, and he has some interesting points. Maybe there would be a silver lining in Trump becoming President, who knows?

Personally, I'm of a similar opinion - that the power the President has is overrated and that, in the end, they can't do much without Congress, and Congress is stagnant even when it's on your side. Not much threat there.

However, where he DOES have power is as the head of state and as the commander-in-chief of the military, and the idea of Donald Trump in those roles, quite frankly, scares the shit out of me. He has no sense of international politics, treating everything like it's a business deal where he expects to win, and if he doesn't, he'll kick your ass. He's like a 13 year old who thinks he's found the simple, easy solution to all the world's problems, and if you disagree, fuck you, cause he knows everything.

Here's one though that will keep you up at night: Donald Trump with the nuclear launch codes.
Stormtrooper2011
Title: Resident Stormtrooper
PostPosted: Dec 31 2015 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

*Cough*voteberniesanders*Cough*

He Knows...

@om*d
PostPosted: Jan 01 2016 01:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How about vote for nobody because it's a waste of time/crock of shit. Popular vote means nothing, just ask Al Gore. Presidents are just puppet figureheads. Trump doesn't scare me with nuclear codes. You really think anyone would just let the President launch nukes without some sort of military conference and approval? Obama can't even close down Guantanamo, I doubt Trump would just be able to lob nukes at the middle east or wherever.

Whoever gets elected is just going to continue the same policies that have been in progress since the early 1990s. If you can't see that clearly by now, then you have been successfully distracted. Congratulations.

Cameron
PostPosted: Jan 01 2016 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
How about vote for nobody because it's a waste of time/crock of shit. Popular vote means nothing, just ask Al Gore. Presidents are just puppet figureheads. Trump doesn't scare me with nuclear codes. You really think anyone would just let the President launch nukes without some sort of military conference and approval? Obama can't even close down Guantanamo, I doubt Trump would just be able to lob nukes at the middle east or wherever.

Whoever gets elected is just going to continue the same policies that have been in progress since the early 1990s. If you can't see that clearly by now, then you have been successfully distracted. Congratulations.

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 02 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
You really think anyone would just let the President launch nukes without some sort of military conference and approval?

You are aware that "Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces" means that he has the ability to exactly that? In fact, he's the ONLY person who has the power to do that. He doesn't need approval from others, others need approval from him. There's a reason a military guy stays near the President at all times with a locked briefcase that contains a sat phone and the launch codes. Obama could turn a country of his choice into Fallout 5's setting within 5 minutes at any time, and it's all his decision.

As for Guantanamo, sure, he could have the place closed down tomorrow if he wanted. It'd be a lot like taking a prison, letting all the inmates go free to do whatever they wanted, then giving the land the prison is on to our enemies. But he could do it. It'd just cause a lot more headaches than you'd think.
@om*d
PostPosted: Jan 02 2016 01:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He keeps trying but has not been able to close Guantanamo, if you were to believe the multiple different news sources who have claimed as much. His most recent attempt was very much shut down by the military.

As for the nukes, well, there has been several times in history where orders were given or where people were supposed to authorize an attack/counterattack due to instrumental readings or direct orders and yet the people who could have made the choice decided to not authorize it. It is my belief that the President does not really have the unilateral power of making this choice anymore, if the office ever really did, and it wasn't just a cold war era scare tactic used to dissuade the Soviets from doing something dumb. I would bet my life that if Trump or anyone else were President and tried something so dumb there would be a coup or they would likely be ignored. Launch codes used does not equal immediate launching of nukes. There are multiple failsafes in place, and in the end it does require additional people to authorize the ACTUAL launching of any missiles.

That's also besides the point where the US would first have to remove all of its people from the region, which takes time. Time which would make an excellent opportunity for a good portion of the general population to flip the fuck out over such a decision. Such a foolish attack would have to also take into consideration a complete shift in how every country in the world operates after the fact. It would probably require a large scale strike against both Russia and China in addition, because otherwise it would just be the start of everyone turning against America to wipe us of the face of the Earth.

And regardless of all these what-if scenarios, someone that reckless would never make it into the office of President unless they were being tightly controlled. Humans, while often stupid do have this wonderful trait called self-preservation which usually (thankfully) comes out on top when the shitheads try to fuck everything up.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 02 2016 03:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, the president cannot just up and be bored one day and launch nukes. That's retardation and easily understood just by googling it.

Basically, the Secretary of Defense has to agree. If he doesn't, the President can fire him immediately and his subordinate would take his place. If he ALSO doesn't agree, it would just be a cycle of acting Secretary of Defenses until either the Vice President could invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment and have the President declared incapable of his duties, then the Vice President would take his place basically until the President says "OK, I'll fucking stop" or someone knocks out the President and hides the codes from whatever hilariously out of touch, old white guy we happen to have running the country next.

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 02 2016 08:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
No, the president cannot just up and be bored one day and launch nukes. That's retardation and easily understood just by googling it.

Basically, the Secretary of Defense has to agree. If he doesn't, the President can fire him immediately and his subordinate would take his place. If he ALSO doesn't agree, it would just be a cycle of acting Secretary of Defenses until either the Vice President could invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment and have the President declared incapable of his duties, then the Vice President would take his place basically until the President says "OK, I'll fucking stop" or someone knocks out the President and hides the codes from whatever hilariously out of touch, old white guy we happen to have running the country next.

Okay, I was being a bit flippant, and kinda went past the point of "smartass" into "just wrong". No, the President can't give off the nuclear launch codes on a whim, and him doing so would probably be good cause to invoke Amendment #25. He does not, however, have to get approval from anyone or need to consult with anyone before giving the go-ahead, and while apparently the Secretary of Defense does have to confirm the order (something I didn't know, actually, so yeah, my bad, but never let the facts get in the way of a good rant), he doesn't have the power to veto it.

So Obama can't nuke the fuck out of a country for no good reason within 5 minutes. He can, however, do it for a good reason within 5 minutes.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jan 04 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Obama doesn't actually want to shut Gitmo down. If he did, it would be shut down by now. Maybe morally he wants to, but realistically he knows all the problems it would cause.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jan 14 2016 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What the fuck is this?

@om*d
PostPosted: Jan 15 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think I need some drugs.

Cameron
PostPosted: Jan 15 2016 04:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Those poor children.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Feb 16 2016 05:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Of all the Republicans left, Trump is the best option. I'm being serious. At least he's liberal on social issues, and he's good at finding smart people for certain jobs. So yeah, I hope he gets the nomination because I'd sure as shit rather it be him over Cruz, that dirty Canuck.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 16 2016 07:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
Of all the Republicans left, Trump is the best option. I'm being serious. At least he's liberal on social issues, and he's good at finding smart people for certain jobs. So yeah, I hope he gets the nomination because I'd sure as shit rather it be him over Cruz, that dirty Canuck.

Kasich is clearly superior, you clod!
Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Feb 17 2016 08:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

There's no way I'm voting for Trump. If he gets the nomination, I'm sitting this one out. I get that he has tapped into the frustrations of everyday Americans with political correctness and weakness on border security, but to simply turn a blind eye to his too numerous to count flaws because of that is just stupid.

I'd vote for Cruz or Rubio. Kasich is my Governor, and he's done a decent enough job here in Ohio, but he's not one I would want to be President.

Cameron
PostPosted: Feb 17 2016 02:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vaporman87 wrote:
There's no way I'm voting for Trump. If he gets the nomination, I'm sitting this one out. I get that he has tapped into the frustrations of everyday Americans with political correctness and weakness on border security, but to simply turn a blind eye to his too numerous to count flaws because of that is just stupid.

I'd vote for Cruz or Rubio. Kasich is my Governor, and he's done a decent enough job here in Ohio, but he's not one I would want to be President.

You should just vote for Bernie Sanders.

GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Feb 21 2016 02:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Trump just won South Carolina and prob will win Nevada and then on to Super Tuesday, thats when we figure out who is the legit person.

I think him standing up to political correctness is his highest strength even though he is flawed in other areas.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Feb 21 2016 03:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

The possibility that Trump could actually win the presidency is both thrilling and terrifying at the same time. I imagine it must be the same kind of rush you get from playing Russian Roulette.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Ky-Guy
Title: Obscure Nintendo Gamer
PostPosted: Feb 21 2016 03:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

To hell with this! I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

Syd Lexia wrote:
iPhone games are what you play when you can't get at actual games. You know, like how sometimes alcoholics drink mouthwash.

Lexiabot9000 wrote:
Your love life will be happy and harmonious if you stick to masturbating.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Cameron
PostPosted: Feb 21 2016 05:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

GeorgeTaylor wrote:
I think him standing up to people taking responsibility for offending other people is his highest strength

Fixed.

Also, the one silver lining to Donald Trump becoming president is that I can't imagine too many people in the government actually taking him seriously, so it would essentially be like not having a president at all (which is better than the alternative).

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Feb 21 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Donald Trump won the most racist state in the nation? Holy shit? Who saw that coming?
@om*d
PostPosted: Feb 22 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
GeorgeTaylor wrote:
I think him standing up to people taking responsibility for offending other people is his highest strength

Fixed.

This is actually something that aggravates me these days. Nobody wants to say anything that will offend anyone, and when people do offend someone, or a group of people, there are demands made to apologize. It is fucking ridiculous. Unless someone is chasing you around and harassing you, you have the option to just ignore it and move on.

Cam, I actually find your views on this subject offensive personally, but I would never expect you to apologize and take responsibility for your views as if they were contrary to your beliefs, which is what people seem to want these days. You can't force people to change their beliefs, that is something they have do on their own time and of their own volition.

While it is nice to see a political candidate stand up to political correctness, it would be nice if it was someone more credible and sane than Trump. Not that any sane person would ever run for President nowadays.

Reply to topic

Jump to: