[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Donald Trump running for president.

Reply to topic
Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Aug 02 2015 01:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

I would vote for Bernie Sanders...

...for most ridiculous musical artist of the 60's - 70's. Anybody hear him attempt to perform the act of "singing" (more like just talking)? Yeah. All an opponent needs to do is play that song in a television ad, over... and over... and over...

There you go Hlllary. You're welcome. Also, you suck Hillary.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Aug 02 2015 05:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I seriously think we should elect a Magic 8 Ball just once and see how it plays out. I'm pretty optimistic about the idea.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 02 2015 10:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Don't count on it, Sideway.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 07 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo, I need to hear your thoughts on the debate.
Vaporman87
PostPosted: Aug 07 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't watch it... yet. However, after hearing the commentary on everything, I've concluded that Donald Trump is a great candidate... for a massive wedgie.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Aug 07 2015 02:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone please explain to me why Donald Trump is so popular and how he's even made it this far? I legitimately don't understand. People have EVERY reason to hate him - he's a completely douchebag with no empathy for human beings who's said abhorrent comments about Mexicans, women, people in wheelchairs, virtually anyone with a disability, black people, etc.

What baffles me is how popular he is despite hatred from even his own party; during the debate last night, a woman from Fox News asked him about the sexist comments he's made, and his response was to threaten her into leaving him alone. I know that presidential candidates always bash each other, but it seems that almost literally everyone else in the GOP has an unbelievable amount of vitriol for him. I just don't get it. Are people supporting him genuinely that stupid?

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Aug 07 2015 03:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why Donald Trump is so popular and how he's even made it this far?...

...What baffles me is how popular he is despite hatred from even his own party...

...Are people supporting him genuinely that stupid?

Because, believe it or not racism is still very ingrained in the US culture. Also, he has name recognition from having had a popular TV show, and this early in the campaign, name recognition is the most important thing as far as polls, because popularity is pretty much all these people have to go on until debates and more actual mainstream media attention. I think the people supporting him are doing so to send a message to the other politicians that they are tired of the same old shit. Hopefully it scares them into doing a better fucking job in the future. Also, a good amount of the population that actually votes is fucking stupid and they vote based on their lack of knowledge on how economics actually works, social issues that should be irrelevant at the federal level and blind patriotism and fear of foreigners that lead to ridiculous military spending and bombing mostly innocent people to get a few bad apples. To be clear, this applies to both major parties in the US.

You can see how stupid people are even in a forum such as the one we are on here. There is a staggering amount of bullshit posted and a lack of comprehension in regards to taking the time to really understand what someone is trying to say and instead taking their words out of context and having stupid emotional reactions to a few words here and there.

Also, tribalism. We really are not as civilized as we like to believe, and people tend to group together and cling to beliefs, no matter how fucking stupid they may be, just so they can fit in and be a part of a group.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 07 2015 04:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Racism is a myth, like the Easter Bunny or 9/11.

Cameron
PostPosted: Aug 07 2015 04:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't WAIT to see who his VP candidate is if he makes it that far. It'll probably somebody like fucking Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 07 2015 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
Cattivo, I need to hear your thoughts on the debate.

Heh, unfortunately I got distracted last night by some shocking news at work about another person leaving, and also by hanging out with my wife & son, so I forgot to watch. I tried to read as much about it on the train ride to work this morning.

From what I can tell, it would have been a lot more useful if Trump wasn't there, but any of us could have said that before it happened. His twitter account retweeting someone calling a moderator a bimbo last night is below the dignity of any candidate & below this country's respectability as a serious nation. Just disgusting.

I wish Walker would have stood out more, but I'm glad Kasich capitalized on the opportunity to get his name out there. I'm also glad Fiorina made a splash at the other debate. Jeb was boring and underwhelming as usual.

Maybe I can watch some highlights on YouTube on the rest of the train ride home, and maybe see what Carson said at the end that got him some attention.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Aug 08 2015 03:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
I can't WAIT to see who his VP candidate is if he makes it that far. It'll probably somebody like fucking Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter.

I nominate you to be his VP choice. They can just make campaign posters with a photo of his stupid hair and your mouth wide open.

slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Aug 08 2015 07:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm voting for Grover Cleveland. Because I can't think of a better quality in a politician than being dead.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Aug 09 2015 08:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why Donald Trump is so popular and how he's even made it this far? I legitimately don't understand. People have EVERY reason to hate him - he's a completely douchebag with no empathy for human beings who's said abhorrent comments about Mexicans, women, people in wheelchairs, virtually anyone with a disability, black people, etc.

What baffles me is how popular he is despite hatred from even his own party; during the debate last night, a woman from Fox News asked him about the sexist comments he's made, and his response was to threaten her into leaving him alone. I know that presidential candidates always bash each other, but it seems that almost literally everyone else in the GOP has an unbelievable amount of vitriol for him. I just don't get it. Are people supporting him genuinely that stupid?

Pretty much, sadly... It's also because we have enough people in this country (half the population) who have a general dislike for "Mexicans, women, people in wheelchairs, virtually anyone with a disability, black people, etc." Stupidity and hate are what this country has lots of, hence why it scares me more and more to live in as time goes by...

RIP Hacker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 09 2015 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Even though I know it's impossible for him to actually get the nomination, the fact that such a large minority of the population legitimately wants him to be president feels me with fear. How can society function when that many people are so fucking retarded?
Vaporman87
PostPosted: Aug 14 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was bound to continue to get more and more stupid like this. We voted in a one term senator with no experience except consistently voting present on everything, not once, BUT TWICE! It was going to be all downhill from there. Next we'll be voting in the guy from Cake Boss.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 20 2015 10:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When will it stop? WHEN WILL IT STOP!?!?!?!?!

EDIT: Edited to add that I can't believe that in addition to the Trump insanity, Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina rounding out the top three absolutely befuddles me. To say nothing of the stream of insanity constantly spewing from the mouths of Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee. How has the GOP managed to lurch so far into Crazytown these last ten years?
Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 21 2015 04:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Depressing, isn't it? There's over a dozen choices and I don't want any of them. I don't know what to do next year. I mean, I can't vote for Hillary. Will I have to vote libertarian???

While I like Fox News and Drudge Report, I can't help but think that they, along with others of their kind, with their agitprop and clickbait, have mainstreamed the wackos to become significant players within the party. Not like establishment dunces like JEB! are good choices either though...
LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 22 2015 02:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, in regards to Fox, Drudge, Limbaugh, etc. I'm definitely getting the vibe that the Republicans have sown the wind and have reaped the whirlwind.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Oct 23 2015 12:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Show some respect, that's no way to talk about your future president.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Oct 23 2015 06:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Depressing, isn't it? There's over a dozen choices and I don't want any of them. I don't know what to do next year. I mean, I can't vote for Hillary. Will I have to vote libertarian???

Just don't vote and pretend you did. They can't prove it either way.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

wirelessrouter
PostPosted: Nov 01 2015 06:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I support Bernie Sanders,too
LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 08 2015 09:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Dec 09 2015 01:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ha, exactly. I had a similar conversation with my wife the other day, in which she said, "Hey, didn't you say Trump wasn't serious and that he'd be out of the race by October?" See, I thought Trump would say similar stuff to what he's saying now, but I underestimated just how many racist Republicans there are, and who are ignorant to the assholes who actually are destroying the middle class of this country...namely guys like Trump.

Rubio's getting the nomination though.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Dec 09 2015 07:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 10 2015 05:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
See, I thought Trump would say similar stuff to what he's saying now, but I underestimated just how many racist Republicans there are, and who are ignorant to the assholes who actually are destroying the middle class of this country...namely guys like Trump.

This. It originally baffled me how he even made it this far, but I'm sure all of his anti-Muslim rhetoric lately is to capitalize on all of the fearful hate-mongering in the populous from all of the ISIS presence in the media lately.

It at least amuses me to think about what his career will be like if he doesn't even end up winning the primary.

Reply to topic

Jump to: