"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Official DC Cinematic Universe Thread

Reply to topic
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 14 2015 08:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, my initial assumption that Jesse Eisenberg was horribly miscast as Lex Luthor was not challenged by the trailer. I want my Lex Luthor to be smarmy, menacing, and intimidating, and his rendition of Lex Luthor just kind of seems like a generic brat.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 15 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. I'm super sold on Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne, but good lord, Jesse Eisenberg actually seems and acts younger than his character from fucking Zombieland in that trailer.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 15 2015 01:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I still feel like they are trying to cram too much into this movie. They should have done more to build up to it.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Jul 15 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Sideway that there's gonna be too much. Apparently Doomsday is going to be in the movie, which is retarded. This trailer definitely got me a little more excited. But all of this is just build up for Green Lantern Corps in 2020 for me haha

I was satisfied with the Suicide Squad trailer. I'm excited for Margot Robbie as Harley, and I'm definitely down with Will Smith as Deadshot. Killer Croc and Katana looked super cool. Joker didn't totally grab me, but did leave me wanting more.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Cameron
PostPosted: Jul 15 2015 05:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not keen on Jared Leto as Joker. I immediately wrote him off when I saw the first picture (the fucking grills just ruin it for me), and the very brief time he's in the trailer just makes me think he isn't going to be anything other than mediocre. I know it isn't fair to compare his performance to Heath Ledger's, but it doesn't really look like they're even trying.

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Jul 15 2015 08:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have this feeling his performance is going to be a real sleeper. And I don't know if it could be the most beloved Joker, but that's almost impossible against Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill, and Heath Ledger.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 17 2015 03:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

i have very little knowledge of suicide squad. i mean, i know who the characters are, but i dont know their story, nor am i interested in it. that being said, the trailer grabbed my attention and im looking forward to watching it.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jul 17 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we’ve all seen the trailers now. Watching the current WB/DC “We must catch up with Marvel” cinematic universe gradually be revealed is like watching a car crash in slow motion.
Obviously we need to actually watch Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad before final judgement can be passed, but the trailers make one thing fairly clear: the casting is terrible and the world being presented is just…..ugly. Not deliberately so, in the way that many depictions of Gotham’s backstreets has been rendered by people with an actual flare for imagery; I mean it’s uuuuugly. Urban decay has a macabre charm. What we’re seeing here is just a charisma-free mess…..of which the walking, talking embodiment is that new “Joker”.
When it was first announced that Jared Leto was playing the role, I looked the guy up. He struck me as your run-of-the-mill, bland, Hollywood pretty-boy. The kind of blank canvas you actually need to paint a character as big as The Joker. Unfortunately, the artist obviously doesn’t know what The Joker looks like, because they’ve given us Keith f**king Flint.

The latest Bats v Supes trailer also shows us Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor for the first time.
A lot of people were saying “wait and see” and pointing toward the “Attention” monologue from The Social Network ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6f-6l0W-0o ). Well, I waited and now I’ve seen it, and if that “The Red Capes are coming!” line in the trailer is the example they chose to try and get us hyped, god knows how devoid of personality the lesser parts of his performance will be.

Why the f**k wasn’t Ben Affleck cast as Lex Luthor?
His performance in Runner Runner was PURE Luthor: a charming villain who lures everyone over to his side so that he can manipulate them into doing what he needs them to.
We could have had that…..but we’re getting Eisenberg: An actor only really suited to providing the default voice on a SatNav.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Cameron
PostPosted: Jul 17 2015 01:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Well, I waited and now I’ve seen it, and if that “The Red Capes are coming!” line in the trailer is the example they chose to try and get us hyped, god knows how devoid of personality the lesser parts of his performance will be.

ha HA!

My thoughts exactly.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 17 2015 03:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have any original thoughts lordsathien or are you just quoting random blogs and shit like usual?

But anyway yeah, Eisenberg just makes me cringe when he says that line, I had to cover my ears it was so bad.

As for Leto as Joker, it could work. Every version of the Joker on film has been different. The clip of him with tattoos and a grill is clearly a flashback of him torturing Quinn, so maybe he'll look different in the modern time, who knows. Honestly, he'll probably be in the film very little compared to everyone else so I don't really care. At least he sounds better than Heath Ledger. I think he sounds more like Mark Hamill honestly. Ledger's audible lip smacking with every word was gross and distracting.

Another line I cringed at? Will Smith's "Let's go save the world." I think it's in his contract to say that in every goofy fucking action movie he's been in.

Cameron
PostPosted: Jul 17 2015 08:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Do you have any original thoughts lordsathien or are you just quoting random blogs and shit like usual?

Yeah what? I saw that a sizable portion of his post was just copied and pasted from somebody's deviantart page.

username
PostPosted: Jul 18 2015 01:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

im with woodzy on this one. jared leto might work. its a different take and i can dig it. honestly, if they tried to copy romero, nicholson, or ledger they would just say its a cheap ripoff of so & so. so i feel they are forced to change it up each time. and if jared leto sucks... i can always watch him get his face pounded in on fight club.

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 18 2015 03:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard one theory that this Joker may actually be a delusional Jason Todd.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Cattivo
PostPosted: Jul 20 2015 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My expectations have been lowered by these recent trailers...but not altering the fact that I'll see batman v supes in the theatre, & adding suicide squad to my Netflix queue, solely cuz of Harley.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Jul 24 2015 02:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I've heard one theory that this Joker may actually be a delusional Jason Todd.

That would be incredibly awful and dumb. I can only hope it has no basis in reality.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 29 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've realized something else after rewatching the latest trailer for BvSDoJ WTF BBQ; Eisenberg is the perfect model for a different villain from out of Marvel's wheelhouse. The annoying smart-alec tone, the outfit, and the hair doesn't scream Luthor to me. No, I think that this portrayal would be PERFECT for Arcade.

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Jul 31 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit, totally!

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

username
PostPosted: Dec 04 2015 09:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

saw this last trailer. i liked it, but the reveal of doomsday kind of took away from the whole batman vs superman hype for me. i wanted to see them fighting more.

either way im excited, but i think the civil war trailer had WAY WAY WAY more hype to it

Klimbatize wrote:

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 05 2015 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, they showed way too much in that last trailer.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 11 2015 12:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, that new trailer made the whole thing look fucking awful. The cute quips "I thought she was with you!" made me cringe SO HARD. They work when it's Marvel characters for some reason, because that's just how they are in their universe. The shot of Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman slowly sauntering towards the camera looked like a FUCKING HARDEES COMMERCIAL OR SOME SHIT. Seriously, I gasped and looked away from the screen. Christ Almighty.

Jesse Eisenberg is just so bad. Sure, he'll go bald and be a mean baddy guy grr when not in public but I don't care. His banter with Clark and Bruce was AWFUL AS FUCK. "Ohh, Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne, wouldn't wanna fight this guy, hyuck hyuck hyuck!" Oh fucking die. We get it, they'll fight for real later in the movie. Die.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 11 2015 02:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is like if Freddy vs Jason had Michael Myers, Pinhead, Chuckie, Leatherface, Leprechaun, Dr. Giggles, and the fucking Alien all show up. If the premise of your movie is two rivals finally meeting and facing off, only focus on those two in the title.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Mar 09 2016 05:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The latest trailer (yes, it's like six weeks old) won me over. There are still eye-rolling parts, but I'm digging it. Pretty sure it's mostly because it's all edited to Queen.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Cameron
PostPosted: Mar 23 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The magnitude to which I cringe every time I have to see Harley Quinn or Jared Leto's Joker is unreal. The rest of the movie may be decent, though.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Mar 28 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
I still feel like they are trying to cram too much into this movie. They should have done more to build up to it.

This post was very prescient. I just saw Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Grim Homoeroticism tonight, and, well, there was like seven different movies all trying to happen at the same time. I will say, in this film's favor, that somewhere inside the clusterfuck was a really good Batman movie.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 29 2016 01:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I also saw Batman v Superman and have to agree that it was a clusterfuck, but I would love to see a standalone Batman film based around this version of Batman. Affleck actually did good job and is now probably in my top 2 of Batmans on film.

Reply to topic

Jump to: