Reply to topic
Poll :: This shit seem cool?

Yea, I look forward to it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yea, but I won't watch it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yea, and I look forward to seeing it on the "popular on Facebook" part of Netflix.
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

AStingyMiser
PostPosted: Jan 19 2015 08:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Biting Elbows' "Bad Motherfucker" is not an especially good song, but if you're one of 25 million speople who've seen the video, it's probably because of its really entertaining music video. It's five minutes long and pretty much has to be seen. I won't say too much about it, so click this 'ere link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgox84KE7iY

This is essentially what happens when a Russian stuntman gets his friends to put on suits and straps a GoPro to his forehead. It's a gimmick, but it's short, so it doesn't overstay its welcome, and it's sort of like a slideshow of "these are things that you can do with this interesting concept." It's actually really well storyboarded as well. The killing of the antagonist is satisfying as shit, and it introduces a sci-fi teleport gadget thingamabob without stipulating on it or uttering a word. It's smartly done, and I kind of love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAXFVr9FtJQ
But this shit can fuck itself.

O. K., I should clarify. I have no doubts that this movie will be really entertaining... for five minutes. ...You know, the length of the music video. Or a little over the length of the trailer. Or the length of that part in the DOOM movie that was like the computer game. It is not the kind of thing I would want to spend an hour and a half of my time watching. It is not not NOT the kind of thing I would spend fifteen dollars to see.

Cutesy concepts like this are adorable for a minute, and then they get quickly boring. Yes, I get that you hired quite a good parkour runner, but I don't want to see the cool things he's able to do with fake blood and blank rounds for a feature length. The production looks roughly as good as a YouTube video, and that's really another way of saying "unprofessional, but just good enough to not complain too loudly." This has been done before, and it's gotten tedious already. No matter how creative you are with it, you're not going to keep anybody's interests for more than twenty minutes, at the absolute tops, except your own. And that's really the story here. This seems like a couple of guys decided they'd do this because it looked cool, and they probably had a blast doing it... but it's not a blast to watch. This feels scarily similar to watching the tutorial of a video game, and that's just not something I'm interested in watching from any perspective, no matter how cool your cinematography is. I'm sorry, Hardcore, but I do not want you, and thus I cannot visit your website and support you. Shame.

What do you think?
AStingyMiser
PostPosted: Jan 19 2015 08:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I swear there was supposed to be a "nay" option in the poll.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 20 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

AStingyMiser wrote:
I swear there was supposed to be a "I suck cocks" option in the poll.

FTFY. That's how we run polls around this place.

As for this movie, it seems way too gimmicky.

Reply to topic

Jump to: