"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD movie thread

Reply to topic
Count_Akula
Title: Sir Galahad
PostPosted: Dec 30 2014 12:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm......... I wonder how many of you are fans (were fans) of AVGN? I didn't discover this dude until about a year and a half ago when I was searching on The YouTube for some Castlevania II tips and accidentally stumbled across his videos and proceeded to stop playing Castlevania II and watch every episode of AVGN instead, while guzzling beers and eating pizza. Anyways, I started to love this little web series and began watching all his other videos too. The guy (James Rolfe) reviews old monster movies, old video games and old board games and basically complains, swears and yells 'fuck!', 'shit!' and 'diarrhea dog shit!' like 200 times on just about every video (which was funny for a bit but gets old pretty fuckin' shit-suckin' buffalo-butthole vomit face-fartin' quick!!) Anyhickle, he started asking fans for donations to help him make a FULL-LENGTH FEATURE FILM based on his Angry Nerd Boy character and he succeeded! (And remember kids, don't stop suckin' til' ya DOO suck-seed!) wait what? EWW!!!! fuck farts!

Anyone see this? I did and I didn't really enjoy it that much. Your thoughts?
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 30 2014 09:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can't stand the guy. I guess that would make it pretty obvious that I did not see his dumb movie.

krislexia
Title: Now with a hint of lime
PostPosted: Dec 30 2014 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a big fan of him to begin with myself. I forgot about him until I was trolling around on the Game Theorists YouTube and saw they did a theory about him. At that point, I was glad I wasn't much into him and his grossly-loose bowels.
If I want to watch a gross internet persona, I far prefer Filthy Frank and his gross Japanese lessons. If you ever wanted to know how to say, "I eat ass", he's your guy.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 30 2014 05:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This guy's shtick got old years ago. The trailer looks embarrassingly awful. I hope this movie financially devastates him and his family.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Dec 30 2014 05:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I want to watch it. I love the AVGN. The guy is a legend.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 30 2014 07:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like this guy's videos, both the AVGN videos and all the other ones he has done. Been watching since 2007 and I loved the movie too.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Dec 30 2014 08:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't seen it and I don't particularly want to. I used to tolerate his videos when I was younger as I liked watching other people complain about games I hated as a kid (particularly the Silver Surfer video), but I found his insistence on toilet humor completely idiotic as a teenager and inane now.

Count_Akula
PostPosted: Dec 30 2014 09:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked most of his videos, but what I hated about the movie was that they tried to smoosh like 4 different ideas together and introduce new characters that nobody really understood or gave a fuck about. Like Cooper, random sidekick never before seen or talked about but they acted like he was always there. Where the fuck was the guitar guy? Idk.... 'A' for effort I guess but I would never watch it again. After about 35 minutes it became a chore to watch.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jan 02 2015 03:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If it came out when he was still a thing years ago I would have bothered watching. Now, it's just old.

That recent archaeological dig is even more bad timing for him, draining all the attention.
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jan 17 2015 12:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I like his older stuff, especially when he delves more in to random obscure games or hardeware, but the shtick gets old fast. His later videos have gotten pretty weak, he's probably running out of material. He should do like a gaming historian angle, and cut the caca, but then again I think there already IS a game historian youtuber out there.

Also I think he's gone bald and is wearing a wig when in persona, he got really thin for a few episodes, and now his hair looks extra funky, it just screams wig. That's always funny if true.

Count_Akula
PostPosted: Jan 21 2015 08:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Really? HAHA! I never noticed. I mean, I DID notice he was going bald, but a wig!? Good heavens no! Off I go to stare at some dude's fucking head for 20 minutes!
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Feb 07 2015 03:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
This guy's shtick got old years ago. The trailer looks embarrassingly awful. I hope this movie financially devastates him and his family.

He got bored with AVGN a while back and you can tell he now just forces anger upon games that do indeed suck but weren't part of his childhood so the ride isn't as fun anymore.

I still think he has some gas left in the tank but the AVGN movie did suck. If he did it in say 2009 it probably would have had more heart as he still seemed to care somewhat then. James just has little to no "real" heart anymore, its just about advertising money and people sending him free video game shit. I couldn't turn down that life either to be honest even at the risk of being nongenuine like he is now. After a while you just realize that video games are not the end all of everything in life. I mean if you would have told me that 5 years ago I would have been in denial but im like 32 now and I see how video games can get old when u reach a certain maturity.

Also being married and having a kid can make you come across as a boring asshole. He has def turned into one which is just another thing in life that just happens.

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Feb 07 2015 03:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:

He got bored with AVGN a while back and you can tell he now just forces anger upon games that do indeed suck but weren't part of his childhood so the ride isn't as fun anymore.

I still think he has some gas left in the tank but the AVGN movie did suck. If he did it in say 2009 it probably would have had more heart as he still seemed to care somewhat then. James just has little to no "real" heart anymore, its just about advertising money and people sending him free video game shit and making a half assed review about it. I couldn't turn down that life either to be honest even at the risk of being nongenuine like he is now. After a while you just realize that video games are not the end all of everything in life. I mean if you would have told me that 5 years ago I would have been in denial but im like 32 now and I see how video games can get old when u reach a certain maturity. James is like middle aged now it was bound to happen sometime and he can't bring himself to give it up and face the unknown away from AVGN security.

Also being married and having a kid can make you come across as a boring asshole. He has def turned into one which is just another thing in life that just happens because the reality of being a family man leaves little time to get as engrossed in imaginary worlds that quite frankly don't matter at the end of the day to anyone but you. If he would just admit he is burned out publically and go on a hiatus I would have more respect for him. Funny thing is a reviewer like Spoony never blew up as big as AVGN but he is just as consistent and enthusiastic as when he started making reviews around the same time as James.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Feb 07 2015 04:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

GeorgeTaylor wrote:
sidewaydriver wrote:

I still think he has some gas left in the tank but the AVGN movie did suck. If he did it in say 2009 it probably would have had more heart as he still seemed to care somewhat then. James just has little to no "real" heart anymore, its just about advertising money and people sending him free video game shit and making a half assed review about it. I couldn't turn down that life either to be honest even at the risk of being nongenuine like he is now. After a while you just realize that video games are not the end all of everything in life. I mean if you would have told me that 5 years ago I would have been in denial but im like 32 now and I see how video games can get old when u reach a certain maturity. James is like middle aged now it was bound to happen sometime and he can't bring himself to give it up and face the unknown away from AVGN security.

Also being married and having a kid can make you come across as a boring asshole. He has def turned into one which is just another thing in life that just happens because the reality of being a family man leaves little time to get as engrossed in imaginary worlds that quite frankly don't matter at the end of the day to anyone but you. If he would just admit he is burned out publically and go on a hiatus I would have more respect for him. Funny thing is a reviewer like Spoony never blew up as big as AVGN but he is just as consistent and enthusiastic as when he started making reviews around the same time as James.

Except Spoony is an exceptional asshole and has become more so over time. I guess you could consider that consistent.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 07 2015 05:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Spoony makes me cringe in ways I never thought possible. He was the epitome of a shut in loser for the majority of his life, his anger is forced and silly and he's not even remotely good at what he does.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Feb 08 2015 01:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think that now he's got his foot in the door with AVGN, he should let that rest or even die, and should branch out. I know he has quite a bit, but maybe more?

He's got talent in regards to gurella filming, and I find him attention holding and even pretty entertaining when he is just actually reviewing stuff/going over the minutiae or history of something.

His non AVGN stuff is really alright most of the time at least in my opinion, hopefully he keeps working on that.

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Feb 12 2015 11:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Yeah, Spoony makes me cringe in ways I never thought possible. He was the epitome of a shut in loser for the majority of his life, his anger is forced and silly and he's not even remotely good at what he does.
'

I respect your opinion yet he is still better than 95 percent of the reviewers out there,

This video is a good example of why I think he has talent.

View on YouTube

Count_Akula
PostPosted: Feb 13 2015 04:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

His movie/cartoon reviews are always good. Right now he is reviewing all of the Friday the 13th movies. Its pretty entertaining but he cuts them a bit too short I think, I would like to see him get more in-depth. Him and Mike Matei playing the Friday the 13th NES game was awesome to watch. It made me download an emulator yesterday and try to beat it myself, which I did!!!! I haven't beat that game since 1991 or something. Its all about getting the torch. Then YOU are hunting Jason's ass down like a dog. Catch him on the paths and pummel his punk ass with that fucking torch! Anyone seen the new camp 1989 hoodies made by London1888? I need one. Just Google Fridaythe13th NES hoodie, I'm too lazy to post a link.
GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: May 28 2015 08:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am retorting my previous statement about Spoony, since the Big Trouble in Little China review he has sucked big time.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 29 2015 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

If he talked shit about Big Trouble in Little China then he needs to be pimp slapped directly in the eye until he cries like the bitch he really is. < period.
Reply to topic

Jump to: