[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
In loving memory of Raymond Scott "Hacker" Bishop

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I'm at a loss here as this is the 3rd loss I've cared about this year. I haven't really checked in on the forums as often as I used to, but I was really hoping that a thread like this would just lead to a sick joke based on circumstances that would make it just barely plausible. As things stand, I suppose it's worth taking comfort in the knowledge that he at least informed us of this, rather than leave individual opinions of him to sour from a lack of information or responses.

Now I've got something that I need to work on in Hacker's honor.

In the interim, does anyone else think his little tag should be changed into something other than "Banned?"

Suggestions?

Also, Banned was his own direct request as an inside joke years ago.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I think keeping his title how he wanted it is fine.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very sad.

I saw Syd make several posts about this on twitter, and raced over here, immediately thinking, "not Hacker, not Hacker, not Hacker." Not that I wanted it to be somebody else, but I had gotten to know him fairly well, and I thought it might be him based on his post a few weeks ago about his financial situation.

I remember a few years ago when we had a thread about science and religion that temporarily made Alowishus leave the forums. Hacker and been less than cordial to Alowishus, and Hacker and I had both been arguing that science did not invalidate religion. So I reached out to him via PM, telling him I thought he had gone a little too far. He agreed and apologized in the thread, but our PMs continued. He was a Mormon, and I'm a Presbyterian, and we had a very friendly discussion about the differences between our two faiths.

I had intended to reach back out to him via PM when I saw his thread about impending homelessness, but I like an asshole I totally forgot about it, which makes me absolutely sick.

Rest in peace, Scott.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Another good one gone too young. I don't really know what it is I could add to this, but I'm just sad to see someone gone like that.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Augh. That's incredibly sad news. Nobody should ever have to make the decision to take their own life. My heart goes out to those he left behind.
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

I never met Hacker directly, but he was always a pleasure to chat with back when the IRC channel was big. My thoughts are out to him and his family.

I, too, would like to join the Facebook group - thanks. Edit: Thanks, Woodzy.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

wow. thats unfortunate. he was so young too. its unfortunate he felt all his options were closed that he was only left w/the option to take his life.

RIP young man.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 04:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can't say too much that hasn't already been said, but no one deserves this...and it's just very sad.

You try to think that maybe there is something you could have done, but in reality there isn't much you could do. Depression consumes people.

He made me a birthday thread for me that I didn't even notice until I checked this thread today...He was a good kid, with a good heart and he will be missed.

Rest in peace.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is a major bummer. I was calling the number he posted every hour since I saw the original post and checking local news sites from his area to see if anything popped up. When I saw a notice in the obit section this morning I was saddened.

I am slightly pissed off, because suicide is a very selfish and short sighted action. Most people who take their own lives don't understand the amount of pain they are inflicting on those people around them. Those people who have been touched by their presence in some way, whether they be family, friends or acquaintances.

I, like some of you, did not know Hacker very well. I did have several interactions with him over my time on these forums, and because of that, he was a part of my life, however small that part might have been. As such, I will always have a small sliver of my life that is now empty, never to be filled again because each person is unique and irreplaceable.

It is my genuine hope that we do not forget this young man, whose life was brought to an end by a culmination of unfortunate circumstances. Suicides can often be forgotten and looked back on rather harshly by those who have survived the loss of that person. I have seen it personally due to my own father having taken his life.

Perhaps in this holiday season we can all take some time to reach out to those who look down on their luck, even if it is just a smile and a friendly hello. Often strangers can have a much bigger impact on those in dire circumstances than loved ones or close friends. Much more of our own beings are built upon the opinions of others than we might like to believe. Every act of kindness and compassion is important and well worth it in terms of making this world a better place.

I have made a donation in memory of Hacker to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. If anyone else would like to, here is the link: https://www.afsp.org/

I hope you find peace and content wherever your soul travels, Hacker. You will not be forgotten.

GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I call first dibs on his video game collection.

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 01:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I call first dibs on beating your ass, you ignorant, insensitive piece of filth. Go away Ermac, nobody likes you.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 01:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I call first dibs on beating your ass, you ignorant, insensitive piece of filth. Go away Ermac, nobody likes you.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 01:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When someone says they're going to kill themselves on this site my first reaction is not to take it seriously. This is really too bad. I didn't know hacker personally, but I still feel bad for the loss. He definitely died too young. RIP man.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 02:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ross Rifle wrote:

Let me handle grief in my own way if you don't mind you Pisces piece of shit.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 02:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When I die, I'll be honored to have Ermac make tasteless jokes in my memorial thread.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 02:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
When I die, I'll be honored to have Ermac make tasteless jokes in my memorial thread.

A moment of silence on RAW will be sufficient enough.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 02:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
I have made a donation in memory of Hacker to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. If anyone else would like to, here is the link: https://www.afsp.org

That's a great idea, @om*d. Thank you for the link. I get paid on Friday, and then I am going to do the same.
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 03:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When I first discovered this site, I was the age Hacker will now always be. If I'd died then, people who didn't know me, but learned my birth year, might've gone, "1985?! Jesus Christ.", like BDB did with Hacker's. I sometimes thought about scenarios like this happening after joining the forums, but it never lasted. Guess I don't have to worry about that anymore.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 03:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:

I'm going to prohibit any kind of solemn memorial when I go. I want people to remember me either as funny, infuriating, or both, but not saddening.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it ended." - James Calwell, 1989-2017

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 03:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Excel, I'd never make a memorial thread for you. By now I know that Sigma never stays dead...

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 03:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Probably one of the nicest people I've met on this forum. Me and him were the same age so it was a bit easier to relate where he was coming from. I still remember one conversation we'd have about graffiti, religion doing the Sydlexia MST3K with him and a few IRC regs. Everytime I'd be in a sour mood, him simply greeting me with a hi in the IRC made it better.

Rest in Paradise Scott, you were a gem of a individual.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 06:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Excel, I'd never make a memorial thread for you. By now I know that Sigma never stays dead...

He has for a decade and three days now.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 06:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He's bidding his time, make no mistake about it.

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 07:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
lordsathien wrote:
I'm at a loss here as this is the 3rd loss I've cared about this year. I haven't really checked in on the forums as often as I used to, but I was really hoping that a thread like this would just lead to a sick joke based on circumstances that would make it just barely plausible. As things stand, I suppose it's worth taking comfort in the knowledge that he at least informed us of this, rather than leave individual opinions of him to sour from a lack of information or responses.

Now I've got something that I need to work on in Hacker's honor.

In the interim, does anyone else think his little tag should be changed into something other than "Banned?"

Suggestions?

Also, Banned was his own direct request as an inside joke years ago.

Exalted

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 08:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind GeorgeTaylor making jokes in this thread. I admit, every single one made me laugh even though I'm saddened at Hacker's death.

I'll be donating to that website on Friday, thanks for sharing.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Reply to topic

Jump to: