"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Majora's Mask 3D

Reply to topic
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Nov 06 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe this has not been posted here yet. I am excited to have yet another classic Zelda game for the 3DS. Should be out in Spring of 2015.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Nov 06 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That was super weird for an official Nintendo trailer.

I have never been a big MM fan, i played it but lost interest halfway through the game. I'am more on the OoT side, but i think i will give it another chance and try the 3DS version when it is out.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Nov 06 2014 02:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I won't be playing this version, but did anyone else happen to notice how much more horrifying the moon looks in it?
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Nov 06 2014 03:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
That was super weird for an official Nintendo trailer.

I have never been a big MM fan, i played it but lost interest halfway through the game. I'am more on the OoT side, but i think i will give it another chance and try the 3DS version when it is out.

Awesome game, I'll be picking this up when it's released. This is my favorite Zelda, and it even influenced my username.

The trailer is weird because this entire game is weird.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Nov 06 2014 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That moon seems to get more horrifying as the years pass on by.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 06 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Never played it, could be tempted to pick this up.

One more tally for the "that trailer was weird" count, please.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 02:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

People already know what it is, so for the trailer they only focused on the most significant setpieces from the game to maximize hype.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 06:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I'll play this again or not. Maybe.

The problem with Majora's Mask as opposed to other Zelda games is that it is a straight up puzzle game. All of the fun/challenge comes from solving the puzzles. If you already know how to solve the puzzles, there's no fun/challenge. As I've said in the best Majora's Mask is one of the most brilliantly designed games of all-time, but one of the least replayable.

But... maybe I don't remember how to solve the puzzles. It's been awhile.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 07:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

The problem with Majora's Mask as opposed to other Zelda games is that it is a straight up puzzle game. All of the fun/challenge comes from solving the puzzles. If you already know how to solve the puzzles, there's no fun/challenge. As I've said in the best Majora's Mask is one of the most brilliantly designed games of all-time, but one of the least replayable.

I don't know... I don't think the puzzles are what made this game memorable. I enjoyed the dark atmosphere, and how all the characters were dealing with the end of the world.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i love this game and i am hella excited to pick it up again.

yes, it is a puzzle game, but a very well designed one. i dont remember how to solve half those puzzles as last time i used a guide (yeah i know im a big pussy) but it'll probably make it more fun this time w/out the guide.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Was it, by any chance, the BradyGames guide by Bart G. Farkas?
Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: Nov 08 2014 02:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'll definitely pick this one up, hopefully I'll get around to fixing up my 3DS by then (or maybe getting a new one). Maybe I'll be able to get around to completing it unlike the N64 copy of the game I have.

The new moon looks a bit cheesy to me, though.

Only thing that really bothers me is it not coming in time for getting it as a Christmas gift.
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Nov 10 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

I don't know... I don't think the puzzles are what made this game memorable. I enjoyed the dark atmosphere, and how all the characters were dealing with the end of the world.

I have to agree. The puzzles were great, but a lot of what made this game so amazing was the dark story, the memorable characters, and the overall sense of dread and panic you get from playing this game. This game was filled with all sorts of emotions. I really have to give Nintendo props for creating such fully fleshed characters, which few Zelda games since then or prior to have done. Yeah, Zelda is full of memorable characters, but Majora's Mask managed to make almost every character seem like more than just NPCs. You truly felt pity and sorrow for their plight.

Add to that a clever time traveling mechanic (and I actually like the time limit), perhaps the best soundtrack in the series, cool new items, a great hub in Clock Town, some of the best sidequests in the stories, fun minigames, fun as fuck boss fights, a much better companion than that annoying piece of shit, Navi, and of course, the awesome mask transformations.

If you ask me, there is far more to this game than just puzzles. Honestly, if the puzzles were the only thing worthwhile about this game, it wouldn't be a very good Zelda experience, IMO. This game is a pure masterpiece, plain and simple.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Nov 11 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jprime wrote:
Was it, by any chance, the BradyGames guide by Bart G. Farkas?

i have no idea. i dont have that guide anymore

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 12 2014 02:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Really? You guys liked the story in Majora's Mask? I thought it was kinda goofy. Some of the characters were pretty cool, but it was hard to take them seriously as characters when they were almost exclusively comprised of unaltered Ocarina of Time character models.

Maybe I just didn't appreciate the narrative because it was very simplistic and un-Zelda. I guess in a way, it was actually kind of groundbreaking in that regard. Criticallly acclaimed games like Journey and Ico also had extremely basic narratives and people eat that shit up with a spoon.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Nov 12 2014 08:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Really? You guys liked the story in Majora's Mask? I thought it was kinda goofy. Some of the characters were pretty cool, but it was hard to take them seriously as characters when they were almost exclusively comprised of unaltered Ocarina of Time character models.

Maybe I just didn't appreciate the narrative because it was very simplistic and un-Zelda. I guess in a way, it was actually kind of groundbreaking in that regard. Criticallly acclaimed games like Journey and Ico also had extremely basic narratives and people at that shit up with a spoon.

I thought that everybody was a copy in Majora's Mask, because it took place in an alternate dimension from Ocarina of Time, because of the weird effects in the beginning.
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Nov 13 2014 12:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

NINJA DOUBLE POST

I'm sure most of the characters were the same between the two games because Majora's Mask was supposed to be an expansion of Ocarina of Time, and then changed to be a completely different game, developed in one year.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Dec 06 2014 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In retrospect, just reusing a shit ton of character models from Ocarina of Time seems super lazy. Back when I first played it, though, I thought it was pretty neat, considering the whole "alternate universe" thing.

Aside from that, I like all of the little details associated with the game itself. Everyone has their own story, and the general feel of the place was complete. Minor details like how they keep time were fleshed out, which made it really fun to notice things (for example, randomly look at a clock and notice that it was actually keeping time). Obviously these aren't deal makers or breakers, it's just attractive and made the game feel a little better, at least for me.

I'm sure being younger made it easier for the game to make a good impression on me. I didn't have a very nuanced view of the world at all, and playing it kind of forced six or seven year old me to realize that life is pretty complicated, and everyone has a schedule they need to follow. I haven't played it in a while, but I'm certain that the game really is good--I just need t play through it again and properly identify which parts I do and don't like.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

This limited edition version of the game is already sold out. It was only ten bucks more. Just the figurine was included extra, but for ten dollars I would've liked it.

Edit: Damn.The UK got a better bundle than we did.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

It might restock. I missed out on the initial preorder wave of Wind Waker HD with the Ganondorf figure, but a second wave was added and I got that. This sold out in like 24 hours, which is ridiculous.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 01:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Try 8 hours. By the time the game sites were reporting it was on sale, it was already all gone.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

maverickhuntergirlz492
PostPosted: Feb 04 2015 10:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played MM before but I'm a big Zelda fan and I can't wait to go pick up my copy
Reply to topic

Jump to: