Resident Evil Revelations 2

Reply to topic
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Sep 10 2014 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CLAIRE REDFIELD CONFIRMED FOR 2014
Quote from the Resident Evil facebook page:
Quote:
Evolving the episodic chapter set-up of the original Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil Revelations 2 will initially release as a weekly series of episodic downloads. Each of the four episodes features hours of terrifying gameplay ending with dramatic cliff-hangers that leave players fully engrossed and anticipating the next twist in the gripping horror story. A digital download option of the Complete Season will also be available to ensure fans can get each episode as it rolls out, and a retail disc version will arrive following the final episode. Both the disc version and Complete Season will include additional game content, which will be detailed in the coming weeks and months. With the variety of options available, Resident Evil fans will have more choices available to them than ever before.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be available in 4 downloadable episodes priced at €5.99/$5.99 per episode. A digital download of the Complete Season will be made available for €24.99/$24.99 and a retail boxed version will follow (pricing dependent to the specific retailer).

Honestly, the episodic format seems a little stupid, but I'm nevertheless going to have moderate hopes for this. The first half of Resident Evil: Revelations was fantastic (even if the second half wasn't so much), and it has Claire Redfield (who most noticably has no boulder-punching or acrobatic-catsuit abilities) so hopefully it'll have more of a sense of survival than the previous games. I still don't understand Capcom's obsession with having a partner in RE games, but whatever.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Sep 10 2014 07:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Barring a name change prior to release, I'll have to re-work any future binges on the series once this is released. The Revelations games are non-revisionist, so I'd be doing them separately from the main series. Hopefully, Moira will have something say about her stepsister, Lucia.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Sep 11 2014 08:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be happy as long as Allyson Court is still providing her voice.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

jprime
PostPosted: Sep 11 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I'll be happy as long as Alyson Court is still providing her voice.

Fixed.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Sep 12 2014 04:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Revelations was a step in the right direction and 6 was a step back. Not sure where this is going.
Cameron
PostPosted: Sep 13 2014 08:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
Revelations was a step in the right direction and 6 was a step back. Not sure where this is going.

As much as I enjoyed the first half or so of the game, the moment that Chris literally shows up with guns blazing I was pretty disappointed with the first Revelations.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 08:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

BARRY FUCKING BURTON EVERYONE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUlMdzAb5TY
(youtube link because I it doesn't display the old embed code anymore and I have no idea how to embed it now)

That is all.

jprime
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 09:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Now the chances of Gaiden's vindication have doubled. All that needs to happen is for Moira and/or Barry to mention Lucia, with the added benefit of finally knowing its correct pronunciation out of three possibilities. Plus, Barry, like Chris, will have canonically worked with both of RE2's leads.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 05 2014 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Barry Burton? This game went from a maybe purchase to I am definitely buying it now.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 05 2014 03:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
Barry Burton? This game went from a maybe purchase to I am definitely buying it now.

Same. I feel like I've been waiting for this my whole life.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 05 2014 03:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:

Same. I feel like I've been waiting for this my whole life.

@om*d
PostPosted: Dec 06 2014 04:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently you've been waiting two lifetimes.

Or maybe you just double posted.

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 06 2014 06:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:

Haha, @om*d really got Cameron good!
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Dec 06 2014 09:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a fan of the episodic format, but more and more I feel like I should try to get into the Resident Evil series.

So far the only one I've ever properly tried was RE 0, with the story on the train or whatever. I remember the general format of the game, but nothing about the story or characters. I've got some spare time coming up, so do you guys have any recommendations for which one I should try to play first?

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 06 2014 09:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
@om*d wrote:

Haha, @om*d really got Cameron good!

You are probably the most unfathomably lame thing that has ever happened.
Drew Linky wrote:
I'm not a fan of the episodic format, but more and more I feel like I should try to get into the Resident Evil series.

So far the only one I've ever properly tried was RE 0, with the story on the train or whatever. I remember the general format of the game, but nothing about the story or characters. I've got some spare time coming up, so do you guys have any recommendations for which one I should try to play first?

The episodic format really pisses me off; I see no reason whatsoever for them to use it for this game, other than "ope everybody else is doing it, must be a reason I guess".

As for what you should play first, RE0 is actually a really good game. If you want to start with my absolute favorite, though, I would play the Gamecube remake of the original (just titled "Resident Evil").

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Dec 06 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I recently got my gamecube out, I think I can swing that eventually. Thanks.

EDIT: Cam be nice.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Episodic is an interesting way to do it. I'll probably pick it up. I played the first one on 3DS. I got a Wii U copy for cheap but have yet to get round to playing it.

Can't be bothered making a new thread. What is everyones thoughts on RE: Remake V.2.0 Electric Boogaloo?

I'm thinking of getting it for 360 as the control are meant to be fucked on the PS3 version. If anyone is dying to get it, you can get it on the XBLA/PSN store from Japan (under Biohazard).

It has an option for English so you can play it in that or JP.
Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
Can't be bothered making a new thread. What is everyones thoughts on RE: Remake V.2.0 Electric Boogaloo?

I'm kinda semi-excited about it. On one hand, I would much rather see a remake of RE2 or 3 that didn't already have some kind of update on the Gamecube. Based on all the screenshots I've seen of the game, I'm not really that enthralled about the updated textures or shadows in the New New Remake either.

On the other hand, I no longer have a console to play my Gamecube copy of the game on, so I'll most likely be getting it for 360 so I can actually play it again. I will also say that, based on what I remember, even though the graphics for the original remake are amazing, the entire game had a weirdly muddy looking filter over the graphics, so I guess the update is at least somewhat justified. Emphasis on "somewhat".

jprime
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 01:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I rented the REmake once. I went through it as Chris, I went through it as Jill, then I moved on with my life. I'll stick to the PSX original. Lisa Trevor may be mentioned in files in future installments, but as far as I'm concerned, we never crossed paths. I'll just stick to the non-revisionist stuff, thank you.
Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 09:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jprime wrote:
I rented the REmake once. I went through it as Chris, I went through it as Jill, then I moved on with my life. I'll stick to the PSX original. Lisa Trevor may be mentioned in files in future installments, but as far as I'm concerned, we never crossed paths. I'll just stick to the non-revisionist stuff, thank you.

I respect your opinion but feel that the REmake is superior in literally every way (possibly excluding the diminished "HOPE this is not CHRIS'S blood"-ness).

@om*d
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The best remake of the original Resident Evil came out on the DS. Classic version with a few minor changes, mostly little puzzles incorporating the touchscreen. Zombies vomiting and being able to blow into the mic to have it spray back on them and also having to fight them with the knife at times when entering rooms. Also, YOU FIGHT THE SNAKE WITH A FUCKING KNIFE!

Don't get me wrong, the Gamecube version is great, but the original will always rank higher for me because it was groundbreaking at the time and it was what hooked me on the Playstation. So many great memories attached to that game.

Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 04:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The REmake is incredible. I may have been spoiled by the fact that I played that long before the original. But the original just feels like it's lacking certain things that the REmake fixed. The additions of Crimson Heads and Lisa Trevor being the best updates. The REmake is so good that it made me realize how much RE0 was lacking in enemy variety.

I'm pretty sure the reason why we never got updates of the sequels was due to poor sales of REmake. So hopefully those still have a chance if Re-REmake does well.

As for Re-REmake. It doesn't look like there's any change outside of slightly better graphics. So I'm not terribly excited. If it was going to be on Wii U I would be more inclined to pick it up. Inventory management has always been the worst part of these games. The gamepad would help relieve that somewhat. And just imagine if going into your inventory didn't pause the game! Having to do that stuff on the run would be amazing.
jprime
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 07:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's that lack of enemy variety in RE0 that leads me to believe that it continues into the PSX version (specifically Chris' scenario).
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, I think the overall story between the games is poorly written enough that I just think of each one as a stand alone game. And as a stand alone game, REmake is the best of the tank control games. At least in my opinion.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 08:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The remake for me is the most definitive game of the series. It's unfortunate future games didn't keep with the tone and atmosphere of that game. It didn't have any of that Matrix style action shit. The DS version had some cool extras too plus it blew my mind to have RE in the palm of my hands. Always hoped to get 2 and 3 on there too.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Reply to topic

Jump to: