"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Destiny

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Sep 10 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get to play many new games, but I got to play this as well as watch my buddy play it for 5-6 hours. If you're on the fence about it, I wouldn't bother until they add more content and fix some things, and even then I don't think I'll ever be interested in it. One of the biggest annoyances is that you can't skip cutscenes... ever, which is particularly annoying in a grind game when you have to wait for a 3-4 minute cutscene to play after a mission. The levels, though few, are big, but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on. It seems they spent most of their development time on superficial aesthetics. It's like Borderlands and Halo did the DBZ fusion dance and they both died of radiation poisioning before the dance was finished, resulting in this garbage accumulation of game genetics.

The general gaming market is becoming/has become as bad as music. Maybe I'm just old, but this is why I generally stick to emulators. At least you generally know when you're playing a hack.

Anyone else try this? Thoughts?

RIP Hacker.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Sep 10 2014 04:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone want to take bets on how long it will take for it to completely transform the landscape of the video games industry forever, just like Titanfall did six months ago?

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Sep 10 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I played Destiny with some friends the other day. Like most multiplayer games, it is fun if you are playing with people you know, otherwise it is not so great. It just seems like there isn't much innovation in the genre and I am getting tired of the same games being basically redone with slightly different graphics and themes. I would recommend taking a pass on this one.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 11 2014 01:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

i saw a buddy of mine play it. looked pretty, but that was about it. nothing really impressed me about it.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

@om*d
PostPosted: May 27 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alright. After playing this game now for 8 months or so, I should add something more here.

This game is definitely worth getting now. I recommend buying the base game used or on sale if it drops to 30 bucks or less, due to the two DLC "expansions"(which will set you back about 35 bucks if you buy them together) being pretty much necessary at this point.

The controls are excellent, the 6 person team raids are challenging and fun and while lacking the amount of customization and game types as their previous efforts (Halo series) the PVP is also quite good.

The latest expansion also added a type of horde mode which is amazing fun and is a 3 person event. They have four different levels with new bosses and mechanics. There is also a high level PVP mode which is a 3 on 3 elimination type deal and it gets me excited to play it even though I normally hate PVP modes in games.

Bungie has listened to its fanbase of players and has made great improvements to this game, and I am convinced they will continue to do so. I have not been into a FPS game this much since the days of Doom and Goldeneye. I have played for over 1,415 hours (that's 59 days... almost two entire months of time consumed by this game alone) since purchasing the game. The community is great overall and I can't wait to see what Bungie has in store for the future. They had a rough start but things are definitely looking up.

Ignore this if you don't like FPS games though.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 27 2015 02:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with @om*d on this. This is a really fun game and it is only getting better especially after the last expansion.

As far as I know we are the only two forum members that play this game. This is sad. Just try the damn game out!

I would have to disagree with @om*d on the point about not liking FPS games however. You have to be a Goober (AKA a Goofy Goobersen or Goobler being the technical term) to not spend hours and hours shooting shit over and over again. Very Happy

It's been an interesting game to follow and play.

The articles from Forbes have been good. The guy that wrote them just couldn't stop talking shit about this game over the last year or so. At the same time he couldn't stop playing.

Then a month ago he got invited to Bungie to preview the new expansion and they said to him "You were right, we fucked up. Also, we read all of your articles and we fixed that shit."

He agreed. They did. This is a really fun game.

Don't be a Goober, play Destiny. Exclamation
@om*d
PostPosted: Oct 08 2015 03:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Over a year after its release this game is now a completely different beast. The transformation has been quite amazing. All of the things that people said should have been in there from the beginning are now in the game. Quests to tie various parts of the story together, more cutscenes (which you can now skip), way more story, new patrol zone, strikes, a raid, pvp game modes, weapon types, etc. The amount of game you get as a new player now is way more than worth it. You can buy the legendary edition for 60 bucks or less and get the base game plus all the expansions to date and feel very satisfied with your purchase. My only complaint left with this game is the lack of in-game grimoire integration, as there is a massive amount of lore that is absolutely captivating... that requires you to go online through a website or on an app (why Bungie? why?) to read. Fuck, this game is worth it to me just for the lore alone. If this is where Destiny is at one year into the franchise, it is going to get much bigger and you all are going to be hearing a lot more about it.

If you like sci-fi, Halo, or fps games (both story and pvp) then you should absolutely give this game a chance at this point. Just make sure you get the legendary edition or you're gonna have a bad time.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Oct 13 2015 04:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree. I have been hooked to this damn game for about 3 months now. I bought it last year, played it for about a week, and then went "Meh." After reading up on all the changes and improvements around the time when House of Wolves came out, I picked it up again and haven't stopped playing. And, this is coming from someone who normally hates playing FPS games on consoles!

If you got a PS4, add me, (PSN: "theknyte") and maybe I'll finally get to play my first raid. That is the only thing I haven't done yet, as I don't know anybody else in my circle who has a PS4 and this game. I don't know, maybe its a badge of pride, though? I mean I have a Level 40 Hunter, with a light level of 294, (Which is really high, for those who don't play,) and there is a whole side of the game I have never touched. Also, I rarely play Crucible (The PvP side of the game.) I just recently hit Rank 2. Lol.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Oct 13 2015 03:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have it on PS4 also (ProbableMuppet). Have not played it very much though as my twelve year old neighbor comes over and plays it every chance he gets on my account. He is only at like 260 light right now.

He is a really nice kid so I'm going to start farming marks and strange coins for him and attempt to get my light to raid ready levels.

Just feel sorry for the little dude because his father is a raging alcoholic who leaves his kid at my house for 12 plus hours while he gets drunk and sleeps with girls he meets on Tinder.

If interested he would be happy to play with anyone willing.
@om*d
PostPosted: Oct 13 2015 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would definitely play with you, except I am on xbox. Always looking for people to raid with. If you are looking to try a raid for the first time and find it difficult to find enough people you could give Crota's End a shot. That raid is easily done with 2-3 people now (2 people would require jumping the bridge part, which is definitely a cheese).

I just completed the new raid the other day and I have to say it was a great experience. Everyone has to play their part and there aren't really any shortcuts or cheeses like the earlier raids. Teamwork plays a huge role and really makes it shine. I am glad Bungie took their time with this raid, it really shows in the quality. After finishing the raid I got my Titan up to 305 light. Now I just have to work on my other characters...

Reply to topic

Jump to: