SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Mandy Patinkin Is More Than Meets The Eye (Try The Ear)

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jun 23 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Many of you will know this man, Mandy Patinkin, as a talented actor.

But did you know that he is also a talented vocalist?

I did not until I found one of his albums at a thrift store (Dress Casual). I was so in awe I just had to pick it up. Soon after I found 2 more of his albums (Mandy Patinkin, Experiment) at a garage sale, so I picked those up too out of some inexplicable fervor.

Unfortunately, and while I maintain is he a very talented and technically sound vocalist, I just can't get into his music. A lot of it is either Broadway-type tunes or soft...something; I'm not even sure how to classify it, but it tends to be loosely structured and in an early 20th-century style. It's beautiful music, but it induces sleep in me. I lament that I am not able to enjoy it.

I figured I'd just let the people know of his other talents, as so many of us know him from The Princess Bride and possibly Criminal Minds. I'll post a link to a video of him singing Over the Rainbow as it's a familiar tune and not too long. I tried embedding it, but it's not showing in the preview (and yes, I'm using the "Old Code" and removing the "Object" stuff, leaving the "Embed").

Mandy Patinkin - Over the Rainbow

RIP Hacker.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jun 23 2014 09:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the guy has a great voice. I remember he used to show up on Letterman's Late Show all the time in the early years and would sing random songs from musicals or whatever. He did an album where all of the songs are sung in Yiddish which is my favorite of his, because of the emotion conveyed. It's a beautiful album.

Reply to topic

Jump to: