krislexia
Title: Now with a hint of lime
PostPosted: Apr 26 2007 03:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Crying
I'm so sorry man. My condolences.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 27 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

After the events of this week, I wish all of you never to need to pay for a funeral, unless you're well off. It cost roughly $12,000 for the funeral and burial. However, insurance only took care of about 80%, the other 20% had to be paid out of pocket (we were lucky this place even accepted insurance money). One aunt on each side of the family offered to write checks to cover that amount as a loan. I've got until October 31st to pay $1,254.30 off.

While this is going on, my sister is on food stamps until she can get back on her feet with a job, while also dealing with trying to sell some 5 vehicles off to help lessen the debt as well as car insurance costs, the power bill, and the late mortgage (my dad's house is in risk of foreclosure by the 15th). She's also selling off a bunch of other things like tools, etc.

In short, my dad's death has gutted the house at the very least.

I hate to beg for charity, but if you'd like to help by contributing any amount of money it would be GREATLY appreciated by the entire family. I realize there're a lot of fly-by-night spam posts of this sort, that you guys receive in your e-mail inbox, but I'd like to think my longterm presence and general lack of douchebaggery will hopefully allow you to take my situation as genuine.

Also, I had to change the birthyear in the subject because I was wrong; my dad was only 50 years old when he left us, not 57. The funeral and first viewing of the casket were so draining on all of the family. Seeing the photo my grandparents had found of him pre-chemo and then looking at the body of my father in the casket still gets me choked up because the casual onlooker would say they weren't the same man.

A lot of the co-workers my dad had at Delta Airlines and Southern Auto Electric showed up at the viewing and the funeral (scheduling their days so they could see him for at least one or the other). The co-workers my dad had in the mechanic shop at Delta are looking into having the name changed in honor of my father.

If you'd like to help in any way, just send me a PM asking what can be done and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Apr 28 2007 01:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it was raining in the City, though.. I knew it was a bad day.

I'm sorry about the loss, I'd do anything to help, even on what little money I got.

I hope you're okay...

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 28 2007 02:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I didn't post my condolences sooner. My prayers are with you.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

JonSnow
PostPosted: Apr 28 2007 07:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I'd also post in here.. Such news is really insane.. Stuff like this can drive people crazy, these are defining moments... Be as strong as you can be Lordsathien, be strong.

Jon

The One Truth Will Prevail
Brawl Code: 1805-1876-7506

Reply to topic

Jump to: