"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Iron Maiden Heroclix

Reply to topic
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Feb 13 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

These aren't exactly new; in fact, they came out last year, but I finally managed to get a Trooper to collect the whole set of nine. The sculpts aren't that great for some of them (Live After Death, Phantom of the Opera, and Killers are downright bad; I may do repaints at some point) but the figures have tremendous playability and I try to run them on Heroclix teams at my local shop at least once a month.

Here's a link to the pics. Bring your daughter to the slaughter.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kJseVHBvYVc/UY11JCBsdyI/AAAAAAAAlxw/-3NTt4aBgEY/s1600/IronMaidenHeroClix.jpg.jpg

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 19 2014 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The sculpts look pretty cheap but I am super excited that these exist.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Feb 20 2014 01:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

i dont play heroclix but those look pretty cool.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 20 2014 05:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm amazed by how much Heroclix has diversified. A cursory glance at my FLGS has informed me that there are Trek, Halo, Watchmen, and even Bioshock Infinite sets.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

aeonic
PostPosted: Feb 21 2014 02:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Street Fighter, Pacific Rim, Lone Ranger (about as good as the movie) Kick-Ass 2, and an upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh! set as well. Word around the campfire is there may eventually be an M:TG set if the partnership with Hasards of the Coast works out.

Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: Apr 19 2015 07:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

As an example of how diverse this game has gotten, I played in a tournament at my FLGS last night and my team was:

Batman
The Batmobile
Gandalf
Scottie from Star Trek

The team actually had some good synergy. The highlight of the night was when Gandalf drove the Batmobile and ran over a few people.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Apr 21 2015 12:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rogue Hippo wrote:
As an example of how diverse this game has gotten, I played in a tournament at my FLGS last night and my team was:

Batman
The Batmobile
Gandalf
Scottie from Star Trek

The team actually had some good synergy. The highlight of the night was when Gandalf drove the Batmobile and ran over a few people.

Okay, I'm convinced. This looks pretty fun. Just bought a Batman brick, a 26 piece singles pack DC 10th anniversary set, a couple of DC maps, a Street Fighter Starter Set (for the instructions ect, and because I love Street fighter), and the Avengers Vs X-Men starter sets. Trying my best not to buy the Wolverine and X-Men brick as it is pretty pricey (150+ dollars).

Am I missing anything?

I'm new to this but at the same time understand I am the guy who can easily go overboard on this kind of thing. Maybe I have already done so. I just went fuck, that brick I just bought appears to have no maps, so I bought maps. Then, shit I needs them instructions so Street Fighter. Then I want more diversity so DC 10th was purchased. Then, shit I would really like Batman to punch Iron Man in the face so I'll buy the X-Men Vs. Avengers starters for whatever tokens are, as it sounds like I need them.
Rogue Hippo
PostPosted: Apr 21 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the addiction! As Yoda would say: "Control, CONTROL... you must learn control."

Bricks are good if you want a chance at really rare figures. If you want the most diversity for the lowest price, I suggest going to ebay and search for 'heroclix cur set'. A cur set usually costs around $40 and includes 1 of each common, uncommon and rare figure from the specified set. You don't get any super-rare or chase figures but you get a lot of variety for a decent price.

Also, the instructions in the Street Fighter set may, or may not, be out of date. They tweak the rules periodically. It's still a good purchase because the Street Fighter figures are good. You can get the most current rules here along with some other useful stuff:

http://heroclix.com/downloads/heroclix-rules/#axzz3Xzx06bKG

If you want to play competitively, you'll need a resource at some point (Utility Belt, Infinity Gauntlet, Book of the Skull, Phoenix Force, Green Lantern, etc) but don't worry about that yet. There's enough to learn when you're getting started. It's too bad you're on the opposite side of the country. The FLGS here is very generous to new Heroclix players. Hopefully you have a good group to game with.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Apr 22 2015 06:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rogue Hippo wrote:
Welcome to the addiction! As Yoda would say: "Control, CONTROL... you must learn control."

Bricks are good if you want a chance at really rare figures. If you want the most diversity for the lowest price, I suggest going to ebay and search for 'heroclix cur set'. A cur set usually costs around $40 and includes 1 of each common, uncommon and rare figure from the specified set. You don't get any super-rare or chase figures but you get a lot of variety for a decent price.

Also, the instructions in the Street Fighter set may, or may not, be out of date. They tweak the rules periodically. It's still a good purchase because the Street Fighter figures are good. You can get the most current rules here along with some other useful stuff:

http://heroclix.com/downloads/heroclix-rules/#axzz3Xzx06bKG

If you want to play competitively, you'll need a resource at some point (Utility Belt, Infinity Gauntlet, Book of the Skull, Phoenix Force, Green Lantern, etc) but don't worry about that yet. There's enough to learn when you're getting started. It's too bad you're on the opposite side of the country. The FLGS here is very generous to new Heroclix players. Hopefully you have a good group to game with.

Fuck Yoda. I want the really rare figures. =)

Exactly why this is dangerous for me. Last time I played Magic. I bought so many Worldwake booster boxs that I pulled three Jace foils. I ended up giving them all away to one of my friends and one of my teachers. One of them know how much they are worth and one doesn't. This makes me smile.

I do this all the time. Even in video games. When it comes to collecting them and playing them (I have no problem spending hundreds of dollars on some game that just sits on my shelf and collects dust). One of my favorite games was Diablo II, I usually endend up dumping all my gear on some scrub that had know idea what I was dropping on the ground.

When Diablo III came out I spent way over 3,000 dollars on the auction house and made more than three times that from the real money auction house. Damn you Blizzard for removing that. I had every class in the top 100, or in the top 10 worldwide. When the expansion came out I was quite surprised when my crusader hit number six in the world. Don't play either game anymore.

I have this obsessive nature (Hyperfocus ADHD maybe ?) that might contribute to this problem.

My biggest fear is that the same thing will happen with this. Those Chase figures might very well just be given away to someone because I am bored one day.

However, it appears Wizkids isn't as exploitative as WotC. Also, it looks like fun.

Maybe I have been burned too much in my experience with Magic. I have met some freaks playing Magic. Specifically, I remember a multiplayer game with a blue control deck I was playing that lasted for over 4 hours that slowly chipped away at people and really pissed some people off. One of these people in this game believed herself to be an actual witch and tried to put a fucking curse on me after this. Lol...

I still hate blue control decks to this day due to this experience.

So this game appears to be more lighthearted. More of a game that doesn't attract those types of people and is just a game...
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 22 2015 09:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I used to play this in the pre-cards era of its launch up til Xplosion and the first batch of IndyClix. I had some ungodly luck back then, pulling Nightcrawler and scoring the LE Doombot labeled as "Doctor Doom."

I think that the coolest thing my FLGS-at-the-time did was a Great Race that stretched across three maps (I think it was the Shopping Mall, the Avengers Mansion, and the Bat Cave) and involved 2 Sentinels per map. The goal was to make it all the way to the edge of the third map. Being captured by a Sentinel, or KOed, placed you all the way at the starting zone of Map 1. Other than the Sentinels, the only other opponents were blind-boxed LE figures. The referee had all of their locations and stats memorized (he'd opened them up from the bottom). Whoever defeated the figure, got to claim it (and yes, PVP was allowed). I forget what the reward for actually clearing the map was but everyone left with the translucent Green Lantern.

I remember using Our Worlds at War Superman and being "benched" by Sentinels two times.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Rogue Hippo
PostPosted: Apr 24 2015 08:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

I used to play Friday Night MTG and switched to Saturday Night Heroclix because of fun scenarios like you mentioned. You can have 300 point build totals or 3000 point build totals. You can have rules that simulate a tag team wrestling match or capture the flag or a 4 vs 1 team-up against Galactus. I love the options!

MTG is great and it's honestly a much better game than Heroclix as far a rules go. But Magic requires you to really commit to a deck(s) which often takes hours or days to build to perfection and then you play it for months. Plus half the players just net deck the best build because they think they're the next MTG Superbowl Champion.

Heroclix lets you quickly build a new team every week and you can easily go form fun/casual (like Batman, Gandalf and Scottie) to hardcore/cutthroat each week. Plus, Heroclix tournaments are so much more interesting than MTG's standard rules week after week. Maybe I have ADD but I prefer the variety and fun of Heroclix. MTG is great game but it felt like I just saw the same decks over and over which were periodically tweaked each time a new set was released and it got kinda stale for me.

BTW Muppet, let me know what you pull in your boosters. The Batman set has Batman #059 wearing the Suit of Sorrows. It's one of my favorite pieces in the game and very deadly for only 83 points. Hopefully you pull one!
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Apr 24 2015 03:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Batwing #072

Beast Boy #019
Bruce Wayne #002
Booster Gold #052
Dick Greyson #027
Roy Raymond Jr. #026

Harley Quinn #014
Lucsius Fox #041
Katana #011
Nightwing #008
Geo-Force #046

Remac #050
Mr. Unknown #044
Rocketred #035
Zealot #028
Blackbat #010

Batgirl #016
Beast Boy #005
Aaron Cash #018
Maul #024
Bruce Wayne #037b

Flock of Bats #099a
Red Robin #009
The Joker #013
KGBeast #020
Batgirl #025

The Joker Thug #004
The Catwomen #007a
El Gaucho #030
Robin #017
Batwoman #036

Arkham Asylum Gaurd #003
Sasha Bordeaux #023a
Alfred Pennyworth #031
Selina Kyle #007b
Hush #037a

Batman #001
Halo #040
Thunder #021
Katana #011
Godiva #029

Three other DC JLA Trinity Boosters:

Black Lightning #001
Bizarro #017
Ultraman #025
Scarecrow #030
Deadman #039

Frankenstein #040
Dr. Sivana #032
Green Arrow #021
Atlantien #007
Black Lightining #001

Atlantien #007
Sea King #014
Firestorm #026
Superwoman #027
The Grid #042

Everything else is still in the mail.
aeonic
PostPosted: Apr 24 2015 05:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That Bruce Wayne prime you pulled is hot, ProbableMuppet! He's still going for a goodly amount and has nice playability. I've recently started to go back to my local clix venue here in Cape Coral after taking a couple months off, and it's always nice to see new faces and get new people to play with. I've gotten a few JL:TW boosters, and it's been an amazing set; I'm super looking forward to the Avengers Assemble six-month event starting in June. Did you pull any of the Seven Deadly Sin relics in your boosters? You can tell if the booster has one in it because, unlike the Mandarin Rings from Invincible Iron Man, they rattle. So far, I'm just missing Wrath and Lust. I've collected most of the C/U/R from the set, and ended up winning Mazahs! and Black Adam at last week's tournament in addition to an LE Kuriboh which will never see play by my hands.

We're doing 400 pt. Bronze Age (any carded fig) that has to be universe-specific next week (non-Marvel/DC counts as Indy) as well as have a bolded keyword theme, as do the resources/relics, so I'm still trying to puzzle what kind of team I think I'll do for them. It will probably be Initiative, Great Lakes Avengers, or Elf, the latter with Norowas from MKR leading Legolas and Arwen into battle with a Millennium Ring relic from Yu-Gi-Oh!: Battle of the Millenium because YOLO.

BTW, my Wizkids Event System handle is blackaeon (creative, right?). I'm trying to up my tourney wins from 40/12/1 in preparation for our Realms Open Championship in a few months.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Apr 24 2015 07:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I noticed the Bruce Wayne. I'm obviously a bit biased towards DC and particularly Batman, so I'm glad for that. I wanted the bat mobile but I not sorry for pulling the batwing.

I did not pull any Relics. The nearest store to me had only the like six JLA and Flash boosters and nothing else. They told me to go to their sister store which is a bit further from me if I was looking for more Heroclix stuff and almost looked down on me saying this.

Whatever. These are exactly the kind of people I don't want to play any games with, and maybe they shake them before they sell them if you know what I mean. Exactly why I want to buy in bulk.

So, I am struggling on deciding what to buy next. I still have the Street Fighter Starter and the 10th anniversary 24 DC set along with the X-Men vs. Avengers in the mail.

However, looks like A:AoU Hulk might be nice, (along with the Hulk Buster) but it appears this Hulk might be a "That Guy" kind of figure. As in, "Fuck you, you just pulled out that hulk...". No?

I'm not sure where to go next. More DC, Marvel (Then Avengers or X-Men) or indie?

Edit: Also, why is that White Rabbit going for so much money? I am about to buy one...

And I am very much going to buy the upcoming Avengers set.
aeonic
PostPosted: Apr 24 2015 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

White Rabbit is super-high-priced because it is an ultra-chase, which means she's packaged in one of approximately every four bricks (half-case) of Heroclix, and there is no particular figure replaced per pack, so you could feasibly pull a chase and an ultra-chase at the same time (three confirmed instances of this happening thus far, about the same as the Batman set 'god-packs' that included all five chases). Typically, distribution per brick of clicks is fifty figures (10 5-figure boosters) with an average spread of 20-25 commons, 10-15 uncommons, 5-10 rares/super rares, and either one chase or one prime figure, though cases have been released with up to two primes or chases each.

My suggestion, at this point, is to pick up some A:AoU figs if you can, because it's going to sell out pretty fast, especially with that Hulk fig. If you haven't already, I'd also suggest picking up some of The Flash main set boosters; it's one of the most balanced DC sets to ever come out, and there's some amazing figures in the set, especially a lot of Golden Age supervillains and some great throwback pieces. If you like Lantern Corps figs or anything, I have a slew of duplicates from War of the Light, which were only available in stores, but you may have a better chance of finding them for sale cheaper on Ebay. One caveat that I can tell you is that if you receive product and there's a gummy black or brown substance near the top sides, it's likely been steamed open, as the tape that WizKids utilizes invariably gums up in humidity.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Apr 24 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just bought an A:AoU CT 24. Thanks for the advice.
aeonic
PostPosted: Apr 25 2015 04:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My pleasure; just to let you know, when they put out CTDs for a film property, they usually sell them at Target, and the Target CTDs have different figures as the rares/chases than the hobby shop ones do, so it's something to consider. I'm sort of in the position (as the oldest/most-long-term player at my venue) where I take a lot of new players under my wing anyhow, so if you've ever got tactical or rules question, feel free to let me know. I'm also a registered judge, but only when our Judge can't make it. You might also want to check www.hcrealms.com in the Units section if you want more background on the different pieces the sets contain and what their abilities are. The forum there also has great advice. I know a couple of people who played at Worlds last year, and they frequent it too, but talking about clix here never hurts.

Edit: I found a shitload of Batcowl and Rebreather relics recently, so if you ever want them, I'll try to find a couple of dollars sometime and ship them to you. I realized that I got 10 of each when I ordered my Batcave resource (the only two resources I'm missing currently are Infinity Gauntlet and the YGO one which I couldn't give a fuck less about).

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Apr 25 2015 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
My pleasure; just to let you know, when they put out CTDs for a film property, they usually sell them at Target, and the Target CTDs have different figures as the rares/chases than the hobby shop ones do, so it's something to consider. I'm sort of in the position (as the oldest/most-long-term player at my venue) where I take a lot of new players under my wing anyhow, so if you've ever got tactical or rules question, feel free to let me know. I'm also a registered judge, but only when our Judge can't make it. You might also want to check www.hcrealms.com in the Units section if you want more background on the different pieces the sets contain and what their abilities are. The forum there also has great advice. I know a couple of people who played at Worlds last year, and they frequent it too, but talking about clix here never hurts.

Edit: I found a shitload of Batcowl and Rebreather relics recently, so if you ever want them, I'll try to find a couple of dollars sometime and ship them to you. I realized that I got 10 of each when I ordered my Batcave resource (the only two resources I'm missing currently are Infinity Gauntlet and the YGO one which I couldn't give a fuck less about).

Thanks again, I will pay for that shipping (and their price from you) once I figure out what those are and which ones I need. =)

Also, I'm buying everything online, so I have no idea what to expect from those CTDs.

I am watching a lot of the Final Action YouTube channel. It's pretty apparent these guys know what they are talking about but also, the kid is somewhere on the autistic spectrum.
aeonic
PostPosted: Apr 26 2015 09:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think he's actually stated somewhere that he's mildly autistic. As far as the CTDs, they'll usually indicate whether it's a MME (mass market exclusive) set from ______ (primarily Target, though Toys R' Us carried the set for the first Avengers movie). There's a lot of previews up for the Avengers Assemble set, primarily on Two Clix to KO, where they're showing things like old-school costume Moonstone, the 3D Man prime figure, Korvac, Lord Thor (Thor having taken up Odin's mantle, topping out at 365 points for the full-dial version packed with insanity) and a new Loki. Avengers Academy is going to be a sub-theme in the set, as are Dark Avengers.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Apr 27 2015 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the Joker Prime of James Holmes?
Rogue Hippo
PostPosted: Apr 28 2015 02:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, I always said that if I had a lot of disposable cash I'd buy a 3D printer and make a bunch of odd custom Heroclix.
aeonic
PostPosted: Apr 29 2015 07:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Probable Muppet wrote:
Where is the Joker Prime of James Holmes?

You'd be really surprised at the fucked-up customs people make. There used to be a guy at another venue that I went to that converted all the cheap police/soldier figs into Nazi soldiers. He got banned pretty fucking fast from all the places in the area.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 05 2015 08:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got the A: AoU set in the mail. Today. Still waiting for Street Fighter and JLA, it's been two and a half weeks since I bought them from him and he just finally shipped yesterday.

I think I got everything I wanted minus a Quicksilver and Nick Fury.

Got:

2x Iron Man
1x Hulk Buster
2x Cap America
2x Thor
2x Hawkeye
2x Hulks
2x Iron Legion
2x Ultron
2x Ultron Sentry
2x Scarlet Witch
2x Vision
2x Test Subject
1x Hydra Soldier
Rogue Hippo
PostPosted: May 06 2015 07:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Those Hulks are brutal! The stop click + regeneration can keep him alive for a loooong time. Scarlet Witch obviously makes him even deadlier.

Have you found a good group to play with? That's half the battle.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 06 2015 08:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rogue Hippo wrote:
Those Hulks are brutal! The stop click + regeneration can keep him alive for a loooong time. Scarlet Witch obviously makes him even deadlier.

Have you found a good group to play with? That's half the battle.

Yeah that Hulk is nuts. As for a group pretty much it's just my girlfriend and myself and her lesbian friends potentially (well until we learn the rules). The lesbians are huge comic book fans. Sounds like a party to me...

Last time we had a get together we had competition on who could draw the best breasts. The one that won didn't have breasts. Cool

I'm thinking about giving them all my doubles. Still waiting on the other sets I ordered though. Also, really wanting to buy a Wolverine and X-Men case but damn it's pricey. Maybe I'll just wait for the new Avengers set or buy more Street Fighter.
Reply to topic

Jump to: