"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary

Reply to topic
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Feb 06 2014 09:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I may not be a hugely obsessive collector or anything, but I have some pretty fond memories of playing G.I. Joes with a neighborhood friend back in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade. Mostly because he had a Defiant Shuttle Complex and I had a Terror Drome. Since I was a Cobra fan (motherfuckin' Zartan and shit!) and he was a Joes fan, we had some epic battles.

Then one day I hit him in the face with my Trubble Bubble and we weren't allowed to hang out anymore. Funny enough, he went into the military and I become something of a criminal. Go fig.

Anyhow, anybody else a borderline Joe/Cobra fan (or a big one)?

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Feb 10 2014 02:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I went Cobra, all the way. They were so much cooler looking than the good guys. The only Joe I had was Mutt & Junkyard because he had a net-launcher and a dog.

I still have most of them in a box, but when I went through them recently to see about rotating them with the Ninja Turtles figures on my desk, I found almost all of the rubber bands that hold them together have gone brittle. A few had crumbled away completely...Crying

Yet another reason the Turtles were superior, besides size, price, unique sculpts, etc.

But the vehicles were awesome:

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Feb 11 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

The rubber bands were a pain in the ass, yeah, I have to give you that one. Of course, so were the pizza disks from the Pizza Launcher for the turtles. Those things got lost like mo-fos.

Good times!

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: