"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Best Funeral Ever

Reply to topic
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 10 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So this show's existence came to my attention last night, due it having back-to-back episodes in separate blocks on its native TLC and my mother falling asleep with it on as I kept coming back downstairs. Next to all the other shit on the network, it actually seems quite well-meaning.

Set at Golden Gate Funeral Home in Dallas, Texas, the philosophy there is that funerals aren't meant to mourn someone's death, but to celebrate their life. As such, they always hold theme funerals for the deceased, no matter what.

One funeral I saw while getting myself a sandwich was wedding-themed for a cremated couple who loved one another deeply, with their respective urns dressed in miniature wedding garb before being emptied into a single urn and a silhouette of the couple kissing, capped off with the urn being put in a white hearse with cans tied to the bumper and "Together forever" written on the rear windshield.

My Mom thinks it's bizarre, but I actually find the concept fascinating. It's just a shame that people have to die in order to make each episode possible.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 10 2013 05:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to check out Order of the Good Death on youtube. She dispels myths like viking funerals.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: