"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Walking Dead season 4

Reply to topic
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 14 2013 06:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone still watching? I found myself wondering why there was a handgun buried in the yard, more than where they obtained livestock. I initially thought Rick was stupid for being out alone with earbuds in, but I guess it set the tone for how safe they feel after the hiatus.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 14 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
Anyone still watching? I found myself wondering why there was a handgun buried in the yard, more than where they obtained livestock. I initially thought Rick was stupid for being out alone with earbuds in, but I guess it set the tone for how safe they feel after the hiatus.

I thought they made it obvious that Rick was all in pacifist mode and buried his gun so he wouldn't use it, hence Herschel's speech telling him he should take it with him more often. He probably wants to be less aggressive after the whole deal with the governor and seeing how crazy the black guy (his friend, can't remember his name) went.

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Oct 15 2013 02:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

His name is Cutty, as far as I'm concerned.

This show still sucks.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 15 2013 02:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Go be a childish dickweed somewhere else, we're just people trying to have a discussion about a show we enjoy without every single thread being invaded by chirping little birds with nothing to actually say.

Also, another reason for the pacifism is I think Rick is trying to set a better example for Carl after he gunned down that kid last season.

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Oct 15 2013 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

You're right. I apologize for being a dick. I dislike the show for a number of reasons, but this is neither the time nor place to say as much. This is the exactly kind of comment I'd criticize from someone else, and it'd be hypocritical of me not to offer a sincere apology.

Sorry for being an ass. I won't let it happen again. If you ever want to bag on one of my pretentious opinions, I'll give you a pass Wink

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

Valdronius
PostPosted: Oct 15 2013 09:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that it was Rick's own gun that he dug up, it looked like a different model. I wonder how much Carl killing that kid played into Rick going pacifist as well.

Klimbatize wrote:

Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 15 2013 01:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed the premiere a lot. I like the direction the new showrunner is taking things. I have a lot of hope that it might actually become a quality show this year instead of just another show unable to live up to the potential of its concept.

I think I only counted three logical flaws in the ep this time, heh.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 15 2013 03:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The whole scene at the store with the zombies falling through the roof was extremely goofy and unlikely, but as usual, I let things like that pass in a show like this because it's concept is goofy in general. No biggie, I still enjoy it for what it is.

I'll be honest, the amount of hype I have for this season is reduced by at least half after finishing Breaking Bad. Nothing will ever live up to that and I have to learn to accept that. Even my excitement for new Game of Thrones was reduced dramatically. Both of these shows have gone from "OMG CAN'T WAIT" to "Oh, cool" territory after finishing that amazing series.

Anyway, I see that the new threat is obviously going to be a disease of some sort and they are gonna push that for most of the first half of the season. I expect they'll bring the governor back for the second half or something which is predictable, but it'll be satisfying when they inevitably kill him off.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 15 2013 06:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
The whole scene at the store with the zombies falling through the roof was extremely goofy and unlikely, but as usual, I let things like that pass in a show like this because it's concept is goofy in general. No biggie, I still enjoy it for what it is.

Bear in mind, that a military-grade chopper had crashed on the roof. It makes at least some degree of sense how the level might give way, given how much something like that might weigh, combined with zombies moving around.

Am I the only one who initially thought that the crazy British lady was initially a zombie that Rick was hallucinating to be a living person?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 15 2013 08:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

Bear in mind, that a military-grade chopper had crashed on the roof. It makes at least some degree of sense how the level might give way, given how much something like that might weigh, combined with zombies moving around.

I'm mostly talking about the guy slamming a bottle down, causing a chain reaction to all that stuff happening. Does it make technical sense? Yes. Is it still goofy as fuck? Absolutely.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 16 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

The store raining zombies was ridiculously fun.

At the end of the episode though, didn't it look like jail cell doors were open and that there were no guards? Isn't that incredibly stupid with such a large population where anyone could die during the night and cause a zombie issue? Especially because they took in some elderly residents of Woodbury? At least they can close off the cell blocks when issues arise like the nerd kid dying in the shower, but not locking up at night and posting guards is incredibly stupid.
anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Oct 20 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First Cutty, now Deangelo Barksdale? I'm hoping for Bunk and McNulty next.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Dec 20 2013 02:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else like the midseason end?

Valdronius
PostPosted: Dec 20 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was on the verge of yelling at the tv, "Stop smiling! Stop smiling! Noooooo!"

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 21 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that was fucking weird, Hershel.

It was inevitable he'd die eventually, but that was still depressing. At least the Governor's finally fucking dead.

I will bet you cash money that Judith isn't actually dead.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 22 2013 09:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

She is 100% not dead. First, it showed the little girls holding the baby and saying "We should go get guns!" then a few scenes later, there they are with no Judith and guns and they shoot the bitch and save Tyreese. THEN, they run in the direction they got the guns from (where they probably hid Judith) and they made a point to have Tyreese say "Why are you going that way?! The bus is this way!". Why the fuck would they give him that chunk of dialogue if it wasn't leading us to believe they stashed Judith when they got weapons.

So yes, she's alive. This GIF is good evidence too, as Tyreese is running while cradling something while his gun is on his back.

Valdronius
PostPosted: Mar 16 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Them feels man, them feels. What a heavy episode.

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 17 2014 06:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

The second half of this season has been kind of a mess. They can't even devote a proper amount of time to prison survivors and they've introduced two NEW groups of survivors.

That episode was depressing.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Mar 18 2014 01:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I always figured that Carol would kill Lizzie. Though I also realized that that wouldn't be a viable option as long as her little (sane) sister was alive. I still lost my shit when Lizzie performed the ultimate betrayal.

The episode started with a song I associate with Fallout 3's soundtrack, I wasn't expecting a lot of positivity. I think it was a great episode, even if it wasn't a happy one.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 02 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Spring finale has occurred. Thoughts?
Valdronius
PostPosted: Apr 03 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

The neck bite was awesome.

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 03 2014 06:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
The neck bite was awesome.
Seconded.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Apr 04 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing Herschel again was nice too, even though they did go a little overboard with the flashbacks.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 04 2014 06:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The flashbacks were weird. This has never really been a flashback show, so for them to do an episode so heavily reliant on flashbacks seems imitative of Breaking Bad and LOST.

Still though, an overall satisfying episode.

I think Judith is going to be an MVP next season.

Cannibals: "We can't kill this kindly interracial couple, they have a baby."

Big mistake, suckas!
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Apr 11 2014 10:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

The highlight of the season for me was the episode of Daryl and Beth. Very well done.

Otherwise the season finale was very anti climatic for me at least. I think next season will be a make or break for the diehard fans such as myself who don't want this show to go into Lost territory and just feel like a huge waste of emotional investment at the very end.

Reply to topic

Jump to: